• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob LMLE PO 42mm

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
The dial is not perfect, but only if I look hard. On the wrist it will be great. If I look hard enough I can find small flaws on any of my reps...

AFAEEAD4-FBC1-4873-8D9E-1412162E9986_zpsskljnljs.jpg

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Just confirmed QC, it's nearly perfect... and probably within the tolerances of the gen for dial elements. Very excited. Just have a noob explorer ii to confirm and they get shipped. Very eager.

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
Too bad they haven't fixed the date cutout. That's the only easy tell.

hazeyPO

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/12/13
Concerned about the 42mm size for me, if anyone can help...

Really want this watch as I love the look and style but. All the wrists shots I see looks great, but I'm unsure about the 42mm as I have a 45mm UPO. I ordered the UPO in 42mm and as soon as I held it in my hands it didn't look right to me and knew something was wrong so had to change to 45mm. My thinking is the 45 is correctly proportioned because of its diameter vs thickness where as the 42mm is not as its thickness is similar to 45.

I saw someone the other day with a 42 PO and it just didn't look right. So will I still have the same issue with the LMPO or is there something magical about it and just wears differently. When I look at 42mm PO pics on the internet they look ok and so does the LMPO. I tried on a SMP once and although smaller at 41 it was proportioned as its much thinner.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I think the 42 PO size/proportion is fine as it is, at least for me.

Sent using 1:1 Tapatalk

ColPanic

Supporter
Certified
17/11/13
Concerned about the 42mm size for me, if anyone can help...

Really want this watch as I love the look and style but. All the wrists shots I see looks great, but I'm unsure about the 42mm as I have a 45mm UPO. I ordered the UPO in 42mm and as soon as I held it in my hands it didn't look right to me and knew something was wrong so had to change to 45mm. My thinking is the 45 is correctly proportioned because of its diameter vs thickness where as the 42mm is not as its thickness is similar to 45.

I saw someone the other day with a 42 PO and it just didn't look right. So will I still have the same issue with the LMPO or is there something magical about it and just wears differently. When I look at 42mm PO pics on the internet they look ok and so does the LMPO. I tried on a SMP once and although smaller at 41 it was proportioned as its much thinner.

The LMPO uses the older case from the 2500 which is slightly thinner at the lugs than the current crPO. But that's not enough to change the overall impression of proportion. The major differences between this and the crPO are the shiny dial and bezel and the closed case back but it doesn't wear any bigger than the crPO. FWIW I feel the same way about the relative proportions of the 42 vs the 45 except the other way around. To me the 45 mm POs look out of proportion but I have a PAM088 that I think is nicely proportioned, so I suppose it's all very subjective. The LMPO is my all time favorite watch but what sets it apart are the mirror-like dial, shiny bezel, numbers that change color and almost disappear at certain angles, plus kick ass AR that make all of those that dial pop out like nothing else out there. It deserves all the praise it gets and then some.

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Got mine, can confirm the dial looks much better than the last batch :)

You got that off Sead, isn't it? The pearl on your LMPO, like you said, doesn't look as protruded as it's showing in Sead's sales thread. So it's a one off thingy.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
The LMPO uses the older case from the 2500 which is slightly thinner at the lugs than the current crPO. But that's not enough to change the overall impression of proportion. The major differences between this and the crPO are the shiny dial and bezel and the closed case back but it doesn't wear any bigger than the crPO. FWIW I feel the same way about the relative proportions of the 42 vs the 45 except the other way around. To me the 45 mm POs look out of proportion but I have a PAM088 that I think is nicely proportioned, so I suppose it's all very subjective. The LMPO is my all time favorite watch but what sets it apart are the mirror-like dial, shiny bezel, numbers that change color and almost disappear at certain angles, plus kick ass AR that make all of those that dial pop out like nothing else out there. It deserves all the praise it gets and then some.

Couldn't agree more