• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

Rustyrandy

Known Member
31/12/19
With Folded jubilee

a427ed8fcfa79f41e97bd1481eb8c8cd.jpg

df1c7131fe4452bc4e2a90d1feb2769e.jpg

Wow that looks great, is it rep or gen? Been looking for a decent rep folded 6251h for a long time

Sent from the RWI App

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I got my QC photos after waiting 51 days and this is what they showed me.
_202007271531063b34c24df3f42f945.jpg

REJECTED

I gave examples from their website and they said they would take care of it.

Reactions: balkan68

MrHEPennypacker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/20
REJECTED

I got my QC a couple days ago, and wasn’t thrilled because the black dial wasn’t gilt (it was printed in white). Maybe stupid on my part, but I gave the GL since I’ll be replacing the dial anyways. Days later, I’m now noticing that what I thought was an errant reflection in the bezel insert may, in fact, be some sort of violet discoloration in part of the blue half. Too late and that’s entirely on me for not double-checking with them, but I may soon be revisiting the tutorials on how to strip the bezel paint and re-color the whole thing.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I got my QC photos after waiting 51 days and this is what they showed me.
_202007271531063b34c24df3f42f945.jpg

REJECTED

What’s up with this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustyrandy

Known Member
31/12/19
I wondered the same thing. My assumption was that the lume isn't "vintaged" and dark in the centres - like it is in the earlier "catalogue shot"...

I don’t think the brown lume is that bad. I ended up GLing mine since it’s actually more like some of the (very few) “gen” examples than even the catalogue pic models. After 3 tries I figured they just got a different guy or changed their dial supplier. The dwo is so damn ugly though, seems they made a batch for the gilt black dial and just expected it to work on the pan ams

Sent from the RWI App

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
What’s up with this one?

The Dial, No lume whatsoever on the dial. Its just the standard printed dial prior to lume, The only difference between this and the $278 version everyone else gets is the case back and the date wheel

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The Dial, No lume whatsoever on the dial. Its just the standard printed dial prior to lume, The only difference between this and the $278 version everyone else gets is the case back and the date wheel

Ahhh I see!

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
[mention]Rustyrandy [/mention] Rep bought on eBay from finecollectorus https://www.ebay.it/itm/202807110287

[mention]MrHEPennypacker [/mention] yes Rep only sanded the coin edge for show the brass below (yes below the chrome there is brass )

[mention]MaxDu [/mention] bought from kuvarsit (the same than jtime but priced) only change the color insert below with light blue , shortened the lug , and see previous reply ..

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Just picked up a BP with the faded pink GMT-MASTER text M2M over on RWG. It’ll be interesting to compare it with my TS-Station examples. I’ll post some pics when it arrives.
The BP arrived today. Here’s a few pics for anyone not familiar with this one. The insert is the biggest let-down on this - it's so flat it looks more like it’s printed aluminium, rather than Bakelite. However, it does seem to have a certain amount of depth, so maybe it is plastic.

I’m about to replace it, but the bezel is proving rather stubborn... unlike the TS-Station version, where the bezel falls off if you do much as look at it funny. Does anyone know how the BP bezel is held in place? It's really reluctant to budge!

cf48c8267612c0eb173385168cf4d66b.plist

d8479d9da4dcd5ec0760821a22b03169.plist

5df95470a0c0853a8b38e1ef9f7122bc.plist

3b447e807a7e0a2af431cdca94b2e65b.plist

The lug drilling is a bit haphazard too...

e18f4cebdc4bbe0502a0ae4516eb2aa6.plist

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
.Does anyone know how the BP bezel is held in place? It's really reluctant to budge!

Knowing BP I would bet the bezel is held on with the 8 sided paper clip. To get to it, in most instances the insert has to come off first. Often the only way to do that is to remove the crystal so you can get under the insert with a blade to slice through the double-sided tape ring or glue.

Since you are replacing the insert, you may not care if it gets destroyed. So you could either cut or drill into it to get a pry tool under it. If you are just replacing the insert and not the bezel then this would be a much easier choice.

On one watch I had there was the paper clip but no insert so I had no choice but to brute force the bezel off by bending one side of it up. It was an old Skydweller which had a completely non-functional rotating fluted bezel. Hey look guys, it's real the bezel even rotates. ARGHH. I was able to bend the bezel back nearly perfectly with a vice and a rubber mallet.

Once you get the insert off, post back if you need more help getting the wire out. Sometimes they can be a bitch too bleh.

Really a shame about the lug holes, wow.

Last edited:
Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Knowing BP I would bet the bezel is held on with the 8 sided paper clip. To get to it, in most instances the insert has to come off first. Often the only way to do that is to remove the crystal so you can get under the insert with a blade to slice through the double-sided tape ring or glue.

Since you are replacing the insert, you may not care if it gets destroyed. So you could either cut or drill into it to get a pry tool under it. If you are just replacing the insert and not the bezel then this would be a much easier choice.

On one watch I had there was the paper clip but no insert so I had no choice but to brute force the bezel off by bending one side of it up. It was an old Skydweller which had a completely non-functional rotating fluted bezel. Hey look guys, it's real the bezel even rotates. ARGHH. I was able to bend the bezel back nearly perfectly with a vice and a rubber mallet.

Once you get the insert off, post back if you need more help getting the wire out. Sometimes they can be a bitch too bleh.

Really a shame about the lug holes, wow.

Thanks for your advice Kj - it was my guess that it was going to be a good ol' BP "circlip of doom" too. It was useful to get your confirmational "it's probably one of those" before I go ahead and winkle out the insert. :) I'm going to try and coax it out without damaging it if I can. Once that's out, I'm hoping there's enough room to get between the bezel and the retaining ring to get the wire out. I'll report back a little later.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Thanks for your advice Kj - it was my guess that it was going to be a good ol' BP "circlip of doom" too. It was useful to get your confirmational "it's probably one of those" before I go ahead and winkle out the insert. :) I'm going to try and coax it out without damaging it if I can. Once that's out, I'm hoping there's enough room to get between the bezel and the retaining ring to get the wire out. I'll report back a little later.

You should get one of santre22’s new bezel rings
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ccessories/9131498-brass-bezel-for-rolex-6542

Reactions: KJ2020