• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

djulink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
Hi all,

looking to change Crown (and Tube possibly).

Any recommandations ?

txs to y’all

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Hi all,

looking to change Crown (and Tube possibly).

Any recommandations ?

txs to y’all

Scroll back into the thread, you can put in a gen rolex one for not a lot of money. I don’t remember the part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djulink

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
I know the ref number (24-600 for the crown and 24-6000 for the tube) but I was more wanting to gather opinions about aftermarket ones and from real experiences as I’ve been on Yuki, Raffles and Helenarou’s to check it out already. Thanks for your input anyway

Redheart

17/5/19
Raffle has a 6mm brevet crown but never seen in real life. TS watch station sell an outrageous expensive brevet 6mm too.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
db2987f9cceeb0c8b88a940fe99a9378.plist

Got it.. now to try and transform it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Hey guys; whats the go nowadays with the choice of movement to replace the 2836 bunny in heat? I can see the 2836 would be about 10k too fast from the original - are people throwing them out and going with the Hua... Haaaua... Hooow.... The Hangzhou-6460 or is there a better way?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey guys; whats the go nowadays with the choice of movement to replace the 2836 bunny in heat? I can see the 2836 would be about 10k too fast from the original - are people throwing them out and going with the Hua... Haaaua... Hooow.... The Hangzhou-6460 or is there a better way?

DG3804 is low beat and will fit in the case. It's a taller stem height, but that can be offset by using a thinner dial spacer which DG3804 reps usually come with. You'd need new hands, except for the GMT hand which shares the same 2.0mm hole size.

Some more measurement details in this post

Swap CHS to ICHS

Reactions: nikoel

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
DG3804 is low beat and will fit in the case. It's a taller stem height, but that can be offset by using a thinner dial spacer which DG3804 reps usually come with. You'd need new hands, except for the GMT hand which shares the same 2.0mm hole size.

Some more measurement details in this post

Swap CHS to ICHS

Thank you KJ,

What are your thoughts on replacing the balance, escape and fork with one from 284# eg 2846 to create a hybrid. I understand the limited adjustment might give you a daily seconds gain well outside SCOC specifications but are there any other problems I might encounter?

All threads that I can find stem from a decade ago, so I am not too sure what [if anything] has changed in the meta of this process

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you KJ,

What are your thoughts on replacing the balance, escape and fork with one from 284# eg 2846 to create a hybrid. I understand the limited adjustment might give you a daily seconds gain well outside SCOC specifications but are there any other problems I might encounter?

All threads that I can find stem from a decade ago, so I am not too sure what [if anything] has changed in the meta of this process

I have read about that being done but have never tried it. I think there wouldn't be any other complications with those three parts swapped. Personally I would sooner use the DG3804 and not suffer the time inaccuracy. They are quite good movements for a very reasonable price.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I finally received mine today - I really like it. I’ve got a Ruby’s dial and bracelet incoming as well.

Made a rookie error - and its right up there with ‘who has the best sub’ so feel free to laugh at me.

I usually wipe a new watch down with alcohol to remove all the sticker gunk and corona... and if you haven’t forgotten high school - like I have, you already guessed it. Plexi does not like alcohol. Duh.

Can anyone share a link to a good aftermarket crystal for this one? I think its a simple push fit onto the rehaut (?) but want to make sure I get one with enough clearance for the hands. I've found this one - is it correct?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PLASTIC-...066887?hash=item25626c7c87:g:QeEAAOSw7HFdDJtv

Thanks guys.

46-DE6-CD3-B460-4-A1-D-B0-EF-63-AD46173419.jpg

53-BD5-EDC-3874-4-A42-963-C-4121-A3-BACC49.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hey muiramas, I’m on Tapatalk and your pics aren’t showing up. But is the plexi beyond repair? Won’t it polish back to clear with some Polywatch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hey muiramas, I’m on Tapatalk and your pics aren’t showing up. But is the plexi beyond repair? Won’t it polish back to clear with some Polywatch?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, its cracked buddy. Lots of micro cracks around the base and a couple running into the top. Total schoolboy error on my part.

I’m wearing it now - I guess it adds to the vintage vibe, but I’ll need to replace it.

just need to source the right replacement.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ooooooh right, yeah - I’m back on Chrome now and I’ve seen the damage... Damn, it’s useful to know that about plexi/alcohol, because that’s the first I’ve heard about it! You should be able to find the right replacement from Cousins. I really like the Sternkreuz range, and they’re only 5 quid a pop. Not sure if the 6542 is the same as the 1675 but I see that’s what your link is to. The Sternkreuz plexi for the 1675 is XS302.450.

Reactions: muiramas

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Ooooooh right, yeah - I’m back on Chrome now and I’ve seen the damage... Damn, it’s useful to know that about plexi/alcohol, because that’s the first I’ve heard about it! You should be able to find the right replacement from Cousins. I really like the Sternkreuz range, and they’re only 5 quid a pop. Not sure if the 6542 is the same as the 1675 but I see that’s what your link is to. The Sternkreuz plexi for the 1675 is XS302.450.

Good call - I just ordered one of those. Thanks for the heads up. In the meantime WD40 has made the cracks invisible for now.

Reactions: p0pperini

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
I am about 3/4 of the way thru this thread! Thanks Hor-Fan for directing me here. After digesting a lot of the info I am seriously considering the Jtime pan-am. The last vintage rep I really got into was a cartel red 1680 with a slow beat movement. That was 8 years ago, and it's amazing to see how much better these are getting. I am going to try and resist the urge to mod it. I would like a nice vintage spec hollow link jubilee though!

What are the options for a vintage spec jubilee right now? Preferably one that can accommodate 2mm spring bars

Thanks friends

HAMMER DOWN

12/5/12
Can the Jtime folded link bracelet be shortened in the typical way the gens can be shortened? (Prying open the center link, removing a link and folding back together? ) I'm not sure how they are constructed, but goin off the pic , it appears to be possible. I have to consider this , I am one of the 7" chicken bone wrist folk

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
Can the Jtime folded link bracelet be shortened in the typical way the gens can be shortened? (Prying open the center link, removing a link and folding back together? ) I'm not sure how they are constructed, but goin off the pic , it appears to be possible. I have to consider this , I am one of the 7" chicken bone wrist folk
If they are the same as cartel folded rivet bracelets (i think they are) then the rivets at the clasp end are little screws so you do it that way, Otherwise bend the links open to remove

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HAMMER DOWN