• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Finally got mine, looks super solid and gives that "expensive" feeling by all means. Can't ask for more, i'm happy.

Specs: 3k base + Buff hands + v2 Buff DW + v2 buff dial

zoY89J.jpg

zoY6ho.jpg

Reactions: grillbrill

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
No bro . That doesnt look like buff dial on the new ppf. It looks pretty close to mad paris dial.
I will try to find some pics
You may be right. Here is a QC pic of my Buff dial from last year:
zoro8i.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

I got some pic of the Mad Paris factory. But i dont know how to upload pictures on this new site setup. Can help?
Upload the pics to clickpix then use the bbr code to be empted here

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
That looks incredible to my mostly untrained eye. What mods did he do to Buff?
Thanks mate, pics dont really do justice, from person its more incredible, SpongeBob's work is top notch

It is:
Ppf dial
Tiffany stamp
Bevel markers and replating

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Thanks mate, pics dont really do justice, from person its more incredible, SpongeBob's work is top notch

It is:
Ppf dial
Tiffany stamp
Bevel markers and replating
Is it fair to say this is as good as you can get on the 5711 dial short of gen?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
The PPFv4 dial color is one of my favorite dial colors of all my (50+) watches. Afaik it is the only real alternative to gen if you don't mind missing green/teal hue from your 5711 dial. It's said some gen dial variants lack the green/teal hue either.

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
The PPFv4 dial color is one of my favorite dial colors of all my (50+) watches. Afaik it is the only real alternative to gen if you don't mind missing green/teal hue from your 5711 dial. It's said some gen dial variants lack the green/teal hue either.
I have an AMF 5711 that just finished. Believe they used a custom dial (likely Buff) and I was fortunate to get a really good dial within that batch. I don’t believe they incrementally modded it though. Should get it within a few weeks. Will try to post pics.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I have an AMF 5711 that just finished. Believe they used a custom dial (likely Buff) and I was fortunate to get a really good dial within that batch. I don’t believe they incrementally modded it though. Should get it within a few weeks. Will try to post pics.
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your modded watch.