• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Thanks mate, pics dont really do justice, from person its more incredible, SpongeBob's work is top notch

It is:
Ppf dial
Tiffany stamp
Bevel markers and replating
Awesome. To clarify, it’s a PPF v4 dial, not Buff, correct? Those are different (both good in different ways).

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Bro are u planning on reshaping the bezel too?
Yes bro
Received a 3kfv2 yesterday that will be used as base

It will have the bezel reshape, first link to have the correct gap with the midcase and be flexible, and crown-stem trimmed

Reactions: bunny123

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Correct
However i will use buff hands and datewheel
Here:

Your build is going to look great
Yes bro

It will have the bezel reshape, first link to have the correct gap with the midcase and be flexible, and crown-stem trimmedwhat
Yes bro

It will have the bezel reshape, first link to have the correct gap with the midcase and be flexible, and crown-stem trimmed
What are you doing on caseback, or is that a futile effort and there’s no way to get it gen-like?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Your build is going to look great

What are you doing on caseback, or is that a futile effort and there’s no way to get it gen-like?
Thank you

Didn't get it, Caseback you mean the movement or something else?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Yes bro

curious to see what the bezel look like after being reshaped ....

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Thank you

Didn't get it, Caseback you mean the movement or something else?
Yeah - for all the effort making the face of the watch closest to gen as possible (custom dial, buff hands and DW, etc), the caseback is an obvious tell. Two things I know of are to (1) get a gen rotor, and (2) bevel the clone movement. In combination, they probably help but it's unclear if the juice is worth the squeeze. Even 2841 seemed to think if was a waste of time and resources despite getting the face of the 5711 near perfect. Just curious what others think.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yeah - for all the effort making the face of the watch closest to gen as possible (custom dial, buff hands and DW, etc), the caseback is an obvious tell. Two things I know of are to (1) get a gen rotor, and (2) bevel the clone movement. In combination, they probably help but it's unclear if the juice is worth the squeeze. Even 2841 seemed to think if was a waste of time and resources despite getting the face of the 5711 near perfect. Just curious what others think.
Don't waste your money at "bevel" the movement

A friend who has a project with SpongeBob now will use a gen rotor , so that's a nice addition yes

Personally i will ask Spongebob except from all other work to also service the movement, and that's it

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
regarding clone movement , just focus on servicing the movement, all the rest is just a waste of money ...
my 2 cts *

*I had it done by legend on mine.... tbh the movement finish looks fake from a mile or two....

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
hummmmm, that's what I was expecting.....but still curious to see what spongebob manages to reach ....
Oh, you mean specifically for spongebob's work

Well he is your best bet afaik if you want mods like this

I am sure someone you will find that had reshaped the bezel from him

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Oh, you mean specifically for spongebob's work

Well he is your best bet afaik if you want mods like this

I am sure someone you will find that had reshaped the bezel from him
I have seen some of his work and it was impressive....
Although I like the write up and the journey you referred to in your previews post, but the work that has been done on the case is not my cup of tea...

bunny123

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
18/7/18
zqPMi8.jpg

zqPsCK.jpg

Gen hands for the blue dial project! Sorry for the bad pictures tried my best

• Love
Reactions: Anonray and j21

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Its a bit of a problem because it looks like td's are not very interested sourcing buff parts

This is a buff dw and cost 80usd
In this case it might be worth risking ca. USD 100 with ordering that DW from a WeChat seller. I've had a good experince with popup so far.

Reactions: Deadpool

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
In this case it might be worth risking ca. USD 100 with ordering that DW from a WeChat seller. I've had a good experince with popup so far.
I agree

Maybe add one more part like hands or something to make it worth a little more

Reactions: Deadpool