• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

David1886

3/6/19
How do you all recommend cleaning 5711's?
warm water n soap
and then dry with micro fiber cloth?

Warm water and soap, then soft toothbrush after that I dry it up with a towel and then microfiber cloth to make it shiny :)

David1886

3/6/19
When I received my buff 5711 I checked the case-back o-ring as on any rep. What do you think you all, is it normal that the o-ring is smaller than the groove where it sits?

Last edited:

patekcollector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/21
Italy
My green dial runs butter smooth with the movement.

jt0uF5.jpg

Amazing one!! Congrats on the work

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
To be honest. If you have the latest buff dial . And if you can find someone who can installed the buff second hand. You probably wouldnt be able to tell gen or rep on hand without seeing the movement. However from what I notice, buff seems to be the only one who can install that second hand on. Even legend cant do it .most moder on here use the stock 3k second hand instead.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
To be honest. If you have the latest buff dial . And if you can find someone who can installed the buff second hand. You probably wouldnt be able to tell gen or rep on hand without seeing the movement. However from what I notice, buff seems to be the only one who can install that second hand on. Even legend cant do it .most moder on here use the stock 3k second hand instead.

Personally for me I’m not too obsessive with the hand thing. I compared my gen Nautilus 3800 (finishing is good in those, perhaps slightly better than the mass produced modern ones) hands with a loupe to a PPF 5711 (link in my bio below) and it was slightly difficult to see the differences, they were there though. There is not such a huge gap between the machine finishing of good rep hands and the hand finishing of the gen hands. I think it’s a bit overrated. If you need a loupe to see it, it ain’t worth modding it IMHO. I think there are other more pressing matters to address first.

Last edited:

mechmonkey

Horology Curious
19/5/22

Looks like it has been done - https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nautilus-build

Last edited:

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Personally for me I’m not too obsessive with the hand thing. I compared my gen Nautilus 3800 (finishing is good in those, perhaps slightly better than the mass produced modern ones) hands with a loupe to a PPF 5711 (link in my bio below) and it was slightly difficult to see the differences, they were there though. There is not such a huge gap between the machine finishing of good rep hands and the hand finishing of the gen hands. I think it’s a bit overrated. If you need a loupe to see it, it ain’t worth modding it IMHO. I think there are other more pressing matters to address first.

The reflection and over all finish of the buff second hand is quite different then stock 3k. Especially if you take a picture, its a instant tell. ppf is different , it has smaller pinon

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

Absolutely ....
here ...

gen VS rep PPF

h.pagani158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/21
PSA: 98Studio seems to have cheated me of a full watch build after 4+ months of waiting and what I can only describe as a stream of bullshit excuses after extreme patience and countless opportunities to make things right.

Use at your own risk. Anyone else experiencing issues? I have contacts in China, it’s only a few hundred bucks to hire some muscle to break a few fingers lol might be worth our while to send a message.

Reactions: vanzhulik and j21

Burbizia

29/8/20
From what i heard, 3KF is having problems to supply all the 5711 are requested right now.

Chinese in this "industry" are terrible to manage these kind of situations.
They prefer to lie and to ghost, instead of stating the issues they have.

Maybe 98studio is a true scammer, maybe he is just unable to handle the situation (and is keen to disappear not to refund clients)

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
PSA: 98Studio seems to have cheated me of a full watch build after 4+ months of waiting and what I can only describe as a stream of bullshit excuses after extreme patience and countless opportunities to make things right.

Use at your own risk. Anyone else experiencing issues? I have contacts in China, it’s only a few hundred bucks to hire some muscle to break a few fingers lol might be worth our while to send a message.

Seems 98 Studio scammed me too (watch ordered in February). I know his or his partner's then name and bank account No.

Last edited:

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Received a buff datewheel and hands today, here some photos

I can't figure out how to upload, so i put the links

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14

I’m in if you wanna do something. He scammed me as well

benissimo

Known Member
3/6/21
EU
Somebody on Reddit posted updated PPF Green dial on green diamond bezel 5711. Looks very nice and close to Buff dial especially with rounded date windoow frame. Actually would like to buy this new green dial, think TD could source it?

29k19oi7h0e91.jpg

Reactions: krkqm2008 and j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Actually this is awsome
I am intrigued too

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Somebody on Reddit posted updated PPF Green dial on green diamond bezel 5711. Looks very nice and close to Buff dial especially with rounded date windoow frame. Actually would like to buy this new green dial, think TD could source it?

29k19oi7h0e91.jpg
This dial look like the new MAD PARIS factory dial. I cant comment on the color, but the dial texture is the best i ever seen. See how smooth the stripes are