• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I have an olive from Legend with less mods but with the date wheel mode done. One thing I had given him feedback on is the "1" on the datewheel, where the length of the front slash is a little too short. If you look at a gen, you can see is slightly longer. Here are two photos below where if you can compare where the one lands relative to the 2. Also the font size in my opinion should be a little bigger as it doesn't really fill out the date window as per gen.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

in fact wrong font size ....

benissimo

Known Member
Supporter
3/6/21
EU
In fact always been wondering - are Buff dials/hands actually just reworked PPF dials/hands?

Last edited:

rhrmagur

Looking Around
15/7/22
Found this site while searching for buff dials on google all night.
Korean society says that installing a buff dial on 3k 5711 may cause problems with movement.

I found buff wechat through forums on this site and even bought it.
The 3k 5711 arrives soon and I want to keep it problem-free for a long time.

Are you running your workout without any problems after buffdial?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Korean society says that installing a buff dial on 3k 5711 may cause problems with movement.

My green dial runs butter smooth with the movement.

jt0uF5.jpg

Burbizia

29/8/20
Probably not, since white is an easy color to replicate. Most white 5711 rep dials look okay, it's the blue ones that needed improvement.

This.

None of the blue I saw looks ok.
I read that latest blue batch from Buff looks ok but I'm discouraged.

I know the rep-game need patience and to be ok with risks but right now we have the following issues stacking for this model:

1) Buff factory is great but TD do not sell their products (unless you have "special" relationship).
2) Non TD suppliers look suspicious to say the least (studio98 or something like that disappearing for months)
3) Modders seem to be able to provide the pieces but no one is located in Europe
4) Custom risks (ok for 700$ but not ok for 2-3000$ modded watches, at least for me
5) Now also different batches with different features without notice
6) still not sure if the various DW aligns properly (a misslagined DW is way way worse than any issues with dial text or colour, at least to me)

With all these issues, even reading for hours on the forum, I still "feel" a great level of confusion regarding these custom pieces.
Maybe I'm not smart enough, maybe everything changes too quickly, but the correct components/mods for a nice 5711 are quite hard to figure for me.
Also to be able to identify how to source a Buff dial and to properly QC it would be something I would feel quite unsure off..

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13

Blue buff dial need to be clued on. Dial feet dont align on 3k mvt

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
This.

None of the blue I saw looks ok.
I read that latest blue batch from Buff looks ok but I'm discouraged.

I know the rep-game need patience and to be ok with risks but right now we have the following issues stacking for this model:

1) Buff factory is great but TD do not sell their products (unless you have "special" relationship).
2) Non TD suppliers look suspicious to say the least (studio98 or something like that disappearing for months)
3) Modders seem to be able to provide the pieces but no one is located in Europe
4) Custom risks (ok for 700$ but not ok for 2-3000$ modded watches, at least for me
5) Now also different batches with different features without notice
6) still not sure if the various DW aligns properly (a misslagined DW is way way worse than any issues with dial text or colour, at least to me)

With all these issues, even reading for hours on the forum, I still "feel" a great level of confusion regarding these custom pieces.
Maybe I'm not smart enough, maybe everything changes too quickly, but the correct components/mods for a nice 5711 are quite hard to figure for me.
Also to be able to identify how to source a Buff dial and to properly QC it would be something I would feel quite unsure off..

If looking ok means being exactly the same color as one genuine watch I may agree even though I haven't seen all existing variation of blue genuine dial....
If looking ok means being nice and having the feel and look of the genuine watch I disagree...
If looking ok means being called out when on the wrist, then I would respectfully disagree...
>I do have a heavily modded 5711 with no gen parts (<3k€) I showed it to a well reknown modded here, he was chocked about the look and feel....

1/I disagree, just got some buff parts I ordered from a TD....
6/no problem of DW alignment if well assembled....

Hope this help....

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
If looking ok means being exactly the same color as one genuine watch I may agree even though I haven't seen all existing variation of blue genuine dial....
If looking ok means being nice and having the feel and look of the genuine watch I disagree...
If looking ok means being called out when on the wrist, then I would respectfully disagree...
>I do have a heavily modded 5711 with no gen parts (<3k€) I showed it to a well reknown modded here, he was chocked about the look and feel....

1/I disagree, just got some buff parts I ordered from a TD....
6/no problem of DW alignment if well assembled....

Hope this help....

Buddy, which TD can you order buff parts from?