• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

1675lover

23/7/22
Thanks! It is a CAC insert i am afraid. So not really a „budget“ solution but very nice in my opinion. Just needs a little further ageing for my taste.
Right. I read ur previous post after posting lol
CAC inserts are nice but very expensive sadly.

Good luck with the ageing!
But honestly the current fading done to it is absolutely smack on perfect imo.

I suggest putting on grey seatbelt style double pass nato strap.

Reactions: Hec

1675lover

23/7/22
Right. I read ur previous post after posting lol
CAC inserts are nice but very expensive sadly.

Good luck with the ageing!
But honestly the current fading done to it is absolutely smack on perfect imo.

I suggest putting on grey seatbelt style double pass nato strap.
Bulang_and_Sons_Strap_Guide__The_Rolex_1675_GMT_With_Pepsi_Bezel_Deluxe_Nylon_Nato_Watch_Strap_Burgundy_Red.jpg
Bulang_and_Sons_Strap_Guide__The_Rolex_1675_GMT_With_Pepsi_Bezel_Deluxe_Nylon_Nato_Watch_Strap_Burgundy_Red_1.jpg

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
anyone know how to get rid of light scratches on a glossy gilt dial btw.?

Last edited:

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
I like the Rafflesdials hands, but I'm pretty tempted to go with the small GMT hand from Rafflestime. I ordered 2 case sets and one dial from Rafflesdials, planning on doing a DIY gilt dial on one of the builds. I might go with this for one of them:

Reactions: Hec

DeLoMan

3/2/19
I like the Rafflesdials hands, but I'm pretty tempted to go with the small GMT hand from Rafflestime. I ordered 2 case sets and one dial from Rafflesdials, planning on doing a DIY gilt dial on one of the builds. I might go with this for one of them:

And you want a 2mm hole on the hand for the ETA movement. Luckily it worked from my old DG build being the same size.

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
You really nailed it on the shape. Crazy impressive. Please don't touch any power tools at this point! Maybe 1200 wet and dry (or higher) WITH a flat sandpaper backing to remove the marks on the side. Trying to polish it will ruin the perfect shape you created. Any more effort should be gentle, and only to remove scratches.
With such a great shape, I beg you to not use a dremel to polish it out.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
You really nailed it on the shape. Crazy impressive. Please don't touch any power tools at this point! Maybe 1200 wet and dry (or higher) WITH a flat sandpaper backing to remove the marks on the side. Trying to polish it will ruin the perfect shape you created. Any more effort should be gentle, and only to remove scratches.
With such a great shape, I beg you to not use a dremel to polish it out.
Thank you all very much for your kind words. I will try to remove the grooves just by hand. Don't worry:)
As for the CGs, i still think there is too much meat at the sides and behind the crown.

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Just got a raffles case, so I'm just adding to the knowledge base here. The caseback is the same thread and size of the Milk case. The movement ring also appears to fit the milk case, but I haven't installed a movement to fully confirm. Raffle's crystal also takes a gen spec bezel, except the cyclops looks to be placed for an ETA date window.

Here are some comparisons of cases. Raffles case still has the crystal attached, and I didn't include the BP case in the picture of Milk's cases stacked with the raffles.

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Just got a raffles case, so I'm just adding to the knowledge base here. The caseback is the same thread and size of the Milk case. The movement ring also appears to fit the milk case, but I haven't installed a movement to fully confirm. Raffle's crystal also takes a gen spec bezel, except the cyclops looks to be placed for an ETA date window.

Here are some comparisons of cases. Raffles case still has the crystal attached, and I didn't include the BP case in the picture of Milk's cases stacked with the raffles.
Really interesting comparison photos! Thanks! I’m surprised how the Raffles midcase seems much thicker than the Milk cases. Without any comparison, I thought it was pretty slim in person!

Reactions: 369mafia

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Really interesting comparison photos! Thanks! I’m surprised how the Raffles midcase seems much thicker than the Milk cases. Without any comparison, I thought it was pretty slim in person!
When I quickly measured the cases with a cheap and crappy plastic caliper, the Raffles and the Milk v1.0 appeared to be the same thickness (~5.0mm), whereas the Milk v2.0 was slightly thinner ~(4.5mm). To clarify, I only measured the actual thickness of the middle case. This measurement doesn't include the rehaut height, crystal, or caseback. I think Raffles gargantuan crown guards (which I love!) might make it look thicker in my picture because the bottom side of the guards almost droop down before curving up. Only the Milk v2.0 seemed noticeably thinner when comparing the cases side by side, as you can see additional machining on the underside.

Reactions: Hec and DeLoMan

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Actually, now I'm not sure. It might just be the Milk v2.0's caseback, along with how far it screws into the case itself. That does make for a slimmer watch in its entirety, but I'm not sure about case thickness alone. None of them are thick, which is important to note.

WatchN3RD

Gold Patron
24/7/18
Not exactly ideal, but with all the extra metal, I'm confident it is salvageable. Really love the extra "meat" and price point. "Think of all the possibilities!"

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
Hi, all!
My new project with Raffles GMT 1675 case, reshape the CG an the bottom to make an look like the late 70s, I had the ring worked on the lathe to be able to fit the original insert, perhaps by sanding it a little and repalced crystal and crown with Athaya 5.3 mm.
The movement needs to arrive, the rest is all ready including the Jubilee bracelet.
I'm having a lot of fun and the case is well made!