• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
I wanted to ask those who used the Raffles case original bezel assembly how did you manage to prevent the ring from turning too easily? Gaskets, under bezel ring, washers or something else?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: WatchN3RD

DeLoMan

3/2/19
I wanted to ask those who used the Raffles case original bezel assembly how did you manage to prevent the ring from turning too easily? Gaskets, under bezel ring, washers or something else?
Thanks in advance!
Dental floss is a common quick fix for this.

Reactions: EnryDJ36

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
Dental floss is a common quick fix for this.
Thanks,
In the end I threw the Raffles bezel assembly in the trash and bought a new GEN like bezel assembly.
Less hassle and I can use the original bezel insert.

Reactions: DeLoMan

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Thanks,
In the end I threw the Raffles bezel assembly in the trash and bought a new GEN like bezel assembly.
Less hassle and I can use the original bezel insert.
Would you mind sharing what you purchased?

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
great Job on the case!

dial and handset specs ?
Thanks!! ☺️ The dial is Raffles and handset come from a GMT purchased from Puretime more than 10 years ago and disassembled for other projects

Reactions: Hec

Frantov

Do not accept unsolicited offers
14/2/24
Portugal
Amazing built! Case is from raffles right? Did you do any case moding? And please can you tell me where you got the movement from? I’m during the same project

Reactions: EnryDJ36

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
Amazing built! Case is from raffles right? Did you do any case moding? And please can you tell me where you got the movement from? I’m during the same project
Thank so much, yes it's a Raffles case with some modding at the crown guards, replacing crystal and bezel assembly like Gen. The Swiss ETA 2836-2 came from a German vendor.