• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I so feel you guys.
what should have been a fun and quick project turned out to be a never ending job for several months:)
I am never satisfied with anything. Secone caseset, second bezel assembly, about the fifth inlay, second movement, endless sets of hands, third datewheel, I have an army of crystals sitting on my desk and nothing is perfect at the end. I think i worked about 10 times on the crown guards alone, beeing extra careful to never take too much away.
I am almost glad that i switched to my summer 126000 right now as a daily beater to avoid working on my 1675.
Got some stuff to do in the real world too :)

Last edited:

EnryDJ36

In search of perfection
5/11/23
Italy
Yes, that's it. They don't go to the bottom. They adapt to genuine and milk case. I'll have to file the inside of the horns a bit 🫤. I tried 2 différent pairs
My solution already used on Oyster bracelets with Raffles Endlinks is to work the rear of endlink to reduce the distance between the interest of the spring bars and the case with line and a cylinder of the same diameter as the case covered with abrasive paper. Finally, the tubes for the bars are reinforced with laser welding. The fitment is practically perfect

• Wow
Reactions: aphmars13

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Sternkreuz crystal is pretty poor, I’ve used polywatch to take out some scratches but this ice effect appears to be coming from inside the glass as the outer side is polished. Going to upgrade to a Clarks.

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
Sternkreuz crystal is pretty poor, I’ve used polywatch to take out some scratches but this ice effect appears to be coming from inside the glass as the outer side is polished. Going to upgrade to a Clarks.
Is there any chance the crystal fit too tight, or you heated it accidentally, maybe by polishing by power tool?
I can't stand the acrylic crystal gamble we take every time we put one on, but I ask about heat because I've had hairline cracks or that ice effect happen to me. At the time, I assumed it was from poor quality or poor fitment mixed with crappy plastic not being able to properly expand and contract (or excess heat causing expansion and contraction). Might be a faulty crystal either way, but I know heat can do that. Also had some fit fine, and then start to crack days later.

Yellowhammerwatches

Known Member
26/1/24
Side note. Is the 2836 the best GMT movement I can use (other than gen) for this build? I don’t know what my problem is but I cock up the keyless works on those movements at least 2/3 movements. I’m pulling the stem at the winding position but apparently I’m not holding my mouth just right when I reinsert the stem (with release pressed). I hate this fucking things. Is the DG3804 more idiot proof? I’d love an NH34 but I’m not going to the trouble that brave would did a few pages back. Just want something tougher to mess up.

aphmars13

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/10/22
South of France
Side note. Is the 2836 the best GMT movement I can use (other than gen) for this build? I don’t know what my problem is but I cock up the keyless works on those movements at least 2/3 movements. I’m pulling the stem at the winding position but apparently I’m not holding my mouth just right when I reinsert the stem (with release pressed). I hate this fucking things. Is the DG3804 more idiot proof? I’d love an NH34 but I’m not going to the trouble that brave would did a few pages back. Just want something tougher to mess up.
It's in the winding position. But when you put the stem back in. It must be long enough and go all the way to the bottom , It often happens to me when I've adjusted the length of the stern too much that it doesn't go all the way to the stop and I I disassemble and reassemble the keyless work. I hope my sentence is correct. Otherwise @Karbon74 will take back my English.😂

Last edited:

sting

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
10/3/24
thank you!
raffles case, dial & hands
nh34
gmt hand is from phylida (yes it sounds like a new std... they make homage watches and have a store for parts on alix and ebay.)
gen 531 crown
phong bezel
service insert
Was it difficult to get the Raffles dial, to fit a NH34?

Last edited:

Yellowhammerwatches

Known Member
26/1/24
It's in the winding position. But when you put the stem back in. It must be long enough and go all the way to the bottom , It often happens to me when I've adjusted the length of the stern too much that it doesn't go all the way to the stop and I I disassemble and reassemble the keyless work. I hope my sentence is correct. Otherwise @Karbon74 will take back my English.😂
I never even got that far yesterday before I messed up the keyless works

Yellowhammerwatches

Known Member
26/1/24
Am I correct to assume once I swap the stock crystal for something else, that the Raffles bezel assembly won’t fit anymore? I snagged a cheap 116 from Ewatchparts on eBay. Cyclops alignment looks good but the raffles bezel assembly ain’t going over this crystal now.

Glengooliebluu

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/3/22
Am I correct to assume once I swap the stock crystal for something else, that the Raffles bezel assembly won’t fit anymore? I snagged a cheap 116 from Ewatchparts on eBay. Cyclops alignment looks good but the raffles bezel assembly ain’t going over this crystal now.
Hey mate i used a cylindrical file and just went around the inner diameter of the raffles bezel assembly, worked fine. And i could still use the included raffles crystal if need be.

Reactions: 369mafia

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
Someone had (at least temporarily) good results with the WSO/ewatchparts crystal; however, my experience is that they are possibly too tight on the rehaut and HUGE on the outer diameter of the crystal. Seemed like a regular sized bezel might only go halfway down the distance it should. Almost like the crystal profile should be shaped like a cylinder but it's a fat triangle.

Raffles assembly is garbage, but in my experience the crystal was genuinely sized. A properly dimensioned crystal shouldn't be squeezing "a tight seal on a whale cock."

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Recently finished this 1655 using the raffles GMT case
hZtPAJ.jpeg

next to my first 1655 using a rep case of unknown origin - the raffles case is meant for a gmt so it is more svelte , but it feels so nice on the wrist comparingly

Those crown guards are ALOT OF WORK!! not perfect but I am satisfied for my first attempt at them.

mk 5 on left mk2 on right

Last edited:

1016 lover

4/10/22
IS there Somewhere a good tutorial for a gmt 2836 conversion, i have a swiss eta 2836 and thé diy gmt kit, but not sure that my 2836 will be compatible, i have a cover on the hour wheel

1016 lover

4/10/22
ok, found :)

Reactions: 369mafia

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Recently finished this 1655 using the raffles GMT case
hZtPAJ.jpeg

next to my first 1655 using a rep case of unknown origin - the raffles case is meant for a gmt so it is more svelte , but it feels so nice on the wrist comparingly

Those crown guards are ALOT OF WORK!! not perfect but I am satisfied for my first attempt at them.

mk 5 on left mk2 on right

Where did you source the bezel?
Phong?