• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
where the case came from ????
Like @Geonar said, this is the Raffles case, dial and hands, Sternkreuz crystal, Vietnam bezel assemble, hz6460 (2836 clone), genuine Pepsi insert and genuine 530 crown.

Shaped and made to replicate a freshly serviced 1979 1675. (My preference is the functionality and look of white luminova markers as per the matte 1675 service dials, over the messy coffee staining etc to recreate patina)

Frankierider

yeah !
Supporter
Certified
13/4/24
Italy
I bought a GMT case from Raffles ....finger crossed .... maybe I will bother some of you to have suggestions modding it !!! :)

Frankierider

yeah !
Supporter
Certified
13/4/24
Italy
mmmhhh ...last but not the least ... where did u buy a good GMT dial with ''pallettoni'' to age it a little bit ??

choate

Getting To Know The Place
19/4/23
conus
So i finally almost got it finished. by almost i mean there are a few things i would like to refine and upgrade especially the hands and date wheel, it really is irritating when the numbers are to the left.... i tried a gen 1570 date wheel temporarily and it's perfectly centered.... Other than that the big problem was getting a good fit with the crystal... since raffles as per usual has the wrong dia crystal seat. in the end i just made a new crystal retaining ring and it now tests ok to 6 bar. Had to get rid of the jubilee, never could get used to it.

for me at least this will be the last case or more or less anything i buy from raffles, it's good fun but hardly worth it either financially or astethically.

Every time i upload some photos i wonder how some of you always get such great pictures, where as mine somehow always look like crap.... 🤣

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
So i finally almost got it finished. by almost i mean there are a few things i would like to refine and upgrade especially the hands and date wheel, it really is irritating when the numbers are to the left.... i tried a gen 1570 date wheel temporarily and it's perfectly centered.... Other than that the big problem was getting a good fit with the crystal... since raffles as per usual has the wrong dia crystal seat. in the end i just made a new crystal retaining ring and it now tests ok to 6 bar. Had to get rid of the jubilee, never could get used to it.

for me at least this will be the last case or more or less anything i buy from raffles, it's good fun but hardly worth it either financially or astethically.

Every time i upload some photos i wonder how some of you always get such great pictures, where as mine somehow always look like crap.... 🤣

What do you mean, "since raffles as per usual has the wrong dia crystal seat. in the end i just made a new crystal retaining ring...?"
1) Are you referring to the shitty and worthless bezel?

I like your build but I think you've got too many variations on one watch. You remind me of myself!

2) I think you'd love it with minor adjustments. As a crazy person, I wouldn't put an old school rivet bracelet on a (mid school?) dial with thinner, more modern hands. I love the watch and it looks to have some very nice pieces too. Are you sure it's not something subconscious like switching out the bracelet, hands, or crown?

All I'm saying is, you're already there. Just pinpoint minutia so you can enjoy that bad boy.

Reactions: 369mafia

choate

19/4/23
conus
What do you mean, "since raffles as per usual has the wrong dia crystal seat. in the end i just made a new crystal retaining ring...?"
1) Are you referring to the shitty and worthless bezel?

I like your build but I think you've got too many variations on one watch. You remind me of myself!

2) I think you'd love it with minor adjustments. As a crazy person, I wouldn't put an old school rivet bracelet on a (mid school?) dial with thinner, more modern hands. I love the watch and it looks to have some very nice pieces too. Are you sure it's not something subconscious like switching out the bracelet, hands, or crown?

All I'm saying is, you're already there. Just pinpoint minutia so you can enjoy that bad boy.
you are 100% correct, that's why im' just enjoying wearing it! I usually pick a gen watch i like and try and get reasonably close, but sometimes it takes a while to find all the parts to get there and thats part of the fun! (and also why im' doing 5 projects at a time! 🤣 ) I used this 3mil 1675 as a loose guide.

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland

You are kidding! That looked perfect! Did you shoot a gen GMT? And the crownguard is a 100% gen (copy?). I'am dreaming of a datedisk like that. The dial is beautiful, it lookes like a early Mark 1.5 because of the serif typo. That is for a daterange between 1967 - 1970. That would match your early 7205 bracelet. And again: are you the replica master ;-)
Thanks for sharing!

choate

19/4/23
conus
You are kidding! That looked perfect! Did you shoot a gen GMT? And the crownguard is a 100% gen (copy?). I'am dreaming of a datedisk like that. The dial is beautiful, it lookes like a early Mark 1.5 because of the serif typo. That is for a daterange between 1967 - 1970. That would match your early 7205 bracelet. And again: are you the replica master ;-)
Thanks for sharing!
thank you! dial is supposed to be mk2 but all the mid quality vn dials are a bit off; i dont' mind since there is no risk anyone familiar with vintage rolex is going to be fooled by your average viet build.

i ordered a 3135 date disc, its' not correct but at least it will fix the centering problem. there are open 6/9 3135 date discs, but they are pretty rare (read $$$$$$) but maybe ill' find one. are there really no dwo's with decent centered printing?????

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
i ordered a 3135 date disc, its' not correct but at least it will fix the centering problem. there are open 6/9 3135 date discs, but they are pretty rare (read $$$$$$) but maybe ill' find one. are there really no dwo's with decent centered printing?????
I'am a bit confused. The 29 shown in the photo still looks perfect to me. As if it were a GEN part.

The order of the hands suggests that you have fitted an ETA or GEN 1570 movement and not the 3186. The 3135 , 3186 and ETA datedisc have the numerals arranged in an anti-clockwise direction; the 1570 movement in a clockwise direction.

As far as I know, the 3135 and ETA datedisc are not compatible in terms of assembly. Depending on what movement you have, you will therefore need a GEN 1570 datedisc or an overlay for the ETA.

What movement do you use?

choate

19/4/23
conus
I'am a bit confused. The 29 shown in the photo still looks perfect to me. As if it were a GEN part.

The order of the hands suggests that you have fitted an ETA or GEN 1570 movement and not the 3186. The 3135 , 3186 and ETA datedisc have the numerals arranged in an anti-clockwise direction; the 1570 movement in a clockwise direction.

As far as I know, the 3135 and ETA datedisc are not compatible in terms of assembly. Depending on what movement you have, you will therefore need a GEN 1570 datedisc or an overlay for the ETA.

What movement do you use?
im' using an nh34, there is enough space to use a gen datewheel as an dwo on the nh movements. that watch with the 29 date showing is the gen watch i used as a guide for this build! so you are correct, the 29 does look perfect! :ROFLMAO:

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
im' using an nh34, there is enough space to use a gen datewheel as an dwo on the nh movements. that watch with the 29 date showing is the gen watch i used as a guide for this build! so you are correct, the 29 does look perfect! :ROFLMAO:
While I don't like it, if it makes you feel any better, I can't even make a dial I like. I'm always doing new experiments and the only fix for a backfire is unrealistic weathering, like a child doing some "fauxtina" on his first seiko mod. Plus, I'm building about 5 watches at the same time for myself too. I get so hung up on minor details, I can barely put ONE together!

aphmars13

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/10/22
South of France
While I don't like it, if it makes you feel any better, I can't even make a dial I like. I'm always doing new experiments and the only fix for a backfire is unrealistic weathering, like a child doing some "fauxtina" on his first seiko mod. Plus, I'm building about 5 watches at the same time for myself too. I get so hung up on minor details, I can barely put ONE together!
You weren't very kind to this one.

Reactions: WatchN3RD

choate

19/4/23
conus
Yes, that's it. They don't go to the bottom. They adapt to genuine and milk case. I'll have to file the inside of the horns a bit 🫤. I tried 2 différent pairs
Same problem as you, but I found a pair of cartel 580 endlinks in my box of endlinks and they fit pretty good.

Reactions: aphmars13

choate

19/4/23
conus
I know the feeling.... I'm doing a 6536 and finding correct looking 13mm long hands is very frustrating so far...