• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 5G 42MM QC Pics from Lay....

Robbo73

27/5/11
Mine shipped on Saturday from the same lot of Lays fresh stock... race ya ! Last to post a pic is a sissy.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
This is what I wanted to see....

But somehow I think Robbo will be getting his first-

TimingSiteStatus?
2011-06-23 14:03:00 HUAZHOU Posting ?
14:19:00 HUAWULIU Despatch from Sorting Center ?
21:16:45 MAOMING Arrival at Sorting Center ?
21:27:28 MAOMING Despatch from Sorting Center ?
2011-06-24 10:00:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center ?
2011-06-24 13:56:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Luckily I am a patient individual (my wife hates that I very rarely get excited).

Robbo73

27/5/11
Mine left Guangzhou on 20th. Not here yet though. Had 2 parcels in the last 2 days and I got all excited but sadly not my first shiny rep to arrive. Not over yet buddy !

(Technically my IWC Chrono was my first purchase but Goin is giving it some TLC).

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I had some stuff posted from Lay on the 23rd, and it's coming to Ireland, since you're in Scotland Robbo73, can you let me know when your package arrives...just out of interest...I want to see if mine is excessively late :)

I'm off on holidays the week after next week so it's wishful thinking I'll have the package next week...I won't see it for another forthnight if it doesn't arrive by next friday. :(

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Mine from Lay has shipped as well. Question: my QC pics look identical to yours in the fact that the 12 marker looks a bit crooked in one of the pics. Let us know if that's the case when yours arrives. I'm thinking it's just the angle through the crystal.

skidder715

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/11
DSC_0078.jpg

mine from lay. had it about a week now.

Robbo73

27/5/11
Ta-daaaaaa

7 days from dispatch to my door.

May need to resize the bracelet a wee bit and remove some blue plastic that has got annoyingly stuck between bracelet and case.

Happy days.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Ta-daaaaaa

7 days from dispatch to my door.

May need to resize the bracelet a wee bit and remove some blue plastic that has got annoyingly stuck between bracelet and case.

Happy days.

I had a feeling you would be seeing yours before I got mine. Congrats on a nice watch!

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
If it goes on a 7 day rule like yours I won't be seeing anything until Friday, which also happens to be the day that Santa's brown sleigh will be dropping off my new winder/box...

From my DX using Tapatalk.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
That looks great. How do all the 5 minute markers look in regards to being straight ? Perhaps I should have went for the orange numbered dial. But much too late for that. Looks like mine was released from US customs today which should put it here by Friday I hope. Congradulations once again on your new PO.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Looks like mine was released from US customs today which should put it here by Friday I hope. Congradulations once again on your new PO.

My tracking still shows it sitting in China since the 23rd.

:thinking:

I have a feeling my first overseas TD purchase is going to go like my first few private purchases on the boards.

:headdesk:

Robbo73

27/5/11
That looks great. How do all the 5 minute markers look in regards to being straight ? Perhaps I should have went for the orange numbered dial. But much too late for that. Looks like mine was released from US customs today which should put it here by Friday I hope. Congradulations once again on your new PO.

Markers all look fine to me. It's as good a rep as everyone says. Considering going rubber on this fella with a Vacheron Constantin Overseas as my resident steely. Decisions, decisions...

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I am beginning to feel a little more confident....

2011-06-28
06:48:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Arrival at Sorting Center
06:49:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Handed over to Customs
2011-06-28
07:54:00UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Released from Customs

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Markers all look fine to me. It's as good a rep as everyone says. Considering going rubber on this fella with a Vacheron Constantin Overseas as my resident steely. Decisions, decisions...
That's good to hear the markers are straight. Your QC pic looks like mine, showing the 12 to be a bit crooked. Glad to hear it's not. Mine released from US Customs so I'm looking for it by Saturday at the latest.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
A really nice surprise.....

So I am sitting at my desk here in the house, and was putting a bracelet back on this after I finished up some softening work on it-

20110629131300743.jpg

And the doorbell rang.....

It was the wonderful lady from USPS delivering a package from EMS. This caught me by surprise since it was sitting in SF yesterday.

So I finished up putting the bracelet back on the watch on my desk then opened the package. I was quite relieved to see a blob of bubble wrap tapped inside of a box.

I opened it up, and first thing sized the watch. What came as a surprise was that it was just enough off of the PO that I had gotten from WBK that I actually had to add the half link that I did not need on the other watch.

Then I decided to take a few pics, using my phone with that little lens from Photojojo-

20110629131624470.jpg

2011062913184287.jpg

With my "spare" Gen box (no longer a spare)-

20110629132321404.jpg

And the required wrist shot-

20110629132455925.jpg

I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality of this watch, most especially for the price. It just looks good all the way around.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
That was fast. Mine was released from US Customs on the 27th and it too arrived today. I must agree. These really are very nice looking replicas. Thanks Lay. That was fast. Now I need to figure out how to use imageshack to post some pics of this one and of the BK Noob Factory Black Explorer II I recently purchased from a really great member here "snpr9696".

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Nice one idontknow...looks great! I received mine yesterday...great stuff.

Here's a quick shot: (spot the gen :), sorry for the smudges on the AR on the er gen ;) .....these are really close watches aesthetically though, even out of the box!

30lo4ch.jpg

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
They are amazing. I think the only way I could tell would be to actually get a close up look at the pearl, and the date window. I am not an expert enough on the bezels to actually pick that out.

I know that when I put my rep PO next to my gen SMP they look like family.

Nice one idontknow...looks great! I received mine yesterday...great stuff.

Here's a quick shot: (spot the gen :), sorry for the smudges on the AR on the er gen ;) .....these are really close watches aesthetically though, even out of the box!

30lo4ch.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
They are amazing. I think the only way I could tell would be to actually get a close up look at the pearl, and the date window. I am not an expert enough on the bezels to actually pick that out.

I know that when I put my rep PO next to my gen SMP they look like family.

Yep, even in the pic, the gen looks bigger, but thats just the pic obviously and my crappy pic taking skills...the gen lume is much more forceful, even in daylight but the rep is really very close. Small differences here and there but really 99% of the gen is captured in the rep. I'm even considering selling the gen, will wait a bit and see. Only thing about this rep I'm a little concerned about is the fragility of the rep crown threads stripping...they seem weakish on PO's, and not sure how much trauma screwing in and out it will take to strip it but it's something that looks like it will definitely need replacing down the line.