• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 5G 42MM QC Pics from Lay....

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I would think the numbers being orange rather than white would be the only difference.
You're going to be pleased with the quality of these replicas. I know I am.

charm_muppet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/09
I've just had mine delivered from Lay....it seems smaller than my current 42mm PO (21J) where do you measure from and to when checking size?

cobra8272

Horology Curious
9/7/11
Hi Noob here.
Based on this thread and pics i've just pulled the trigger on The same 42mm PO with orange numerals also.
Actually spent 2 weeks looking and found this Forum and spent a few days searching for dealers and 42mm PO's.
Looking forward to a happy conclusion.
Cobra

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Hi Noob here.
Based on this thread and pics i've just pulled the trigger on The same 42mm PO with orange numerals also.
Actually spent 2 weeks looking and found this Forum and spent a few days searching for dealers and 42mm PO's.
Looking forward to a happy conclusion.
Cobra

Lucky you... I've been considering the decision a whole *two months* before I pulled the trigger. It ain't easy when you're a poor student :D

ImWatchingYOU

24/8/10
Great looking watch, for a really nice price. I been looking around this myself...can anyone comment how is the quality of the bracelet and clasp?

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Great looking watch, for a really nice price. I been looking around this myself...can anyone comment how is the quality of the bracelet and clasp?

Seems to be a hit or miss from what I hear. Apparently the main problem is with the spring mechanism inside the clasp. I think it's possible to fix this by getting a gen spring which should run you about 17 bucks. OR you could just get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-BAND-CLAS...047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c1587

It doesn't have engravings but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the gen clasp. If someone calls you out on it, just say your gen broke and you got a generic clasp :)

Marty McFly

Horology Curious
4/5/11

Just got mine in today and it's AMAZING...except for the clasp. Seriously, everything about this watch is just about perfect (I got the one with the orange numerals), but I can already tell that the clasp is going to be an issue. It's taken me a few tries every time I've put the watch on to get the clasp to stay shut.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest

Mine has been rock solid with no issues from the moment I removed it from the box and sized it.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Seems to be a hit or miss from what I hear. Apparently the main problem is with the spring mechanism inside the clasp. I think it's possible to fix this by getting a gen spring which should run you about 17 bucks. OR you could just get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATCH-BAND-CLASP-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PLANET-OCEAN-20MM-/310304839047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c1587

It doesn't have engravings but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the gen clasp. If someone calls you out on it, just say your gen broke and you got a generic clasp :)
I'm planning to keep mine from Lay for awhile and wanted to permenantly correct the problem so I went with a gen from ofrei. If the clasp engraving is a concern (which it is for me) and you're capable of pulling the clasp apart, just pick up one of these and drop it in. Being on a time line, I was in a hurry to fix it. But I've ordered one of these to drop into the rep clasp as a spare.
http://cgi.ebay.com/omega-seamaster-replacement-clasp-spring-parts-/130538573439?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item1e64b48e7f

lucasnsw

7/12/10
Ordered mine a week ago from Lay and still waiting for my QC pics, funny thing is an order after mine already has the QC pics up. What's going on?? I have sent him a few messages and emails but haven't heard from him for a week now.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
He's most likely a very busy guy. I've made a few attempts to contact him recently myself and haven't heard back from him either. Give him some time. He's a great guy to deal with.

lucasnsw

7/12/10
I really understand he might be busy, and I've heard some great things about him. But all I wanted was to add another watch to my order and check the status of my order, since it has been a week that i haven't heard from him.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
I'm planning to keep mine from Lay for awhile and wanted to permenantly correct the problem so I went with a gen from ofrei. If the clasp engraving is a concern (which it is for me) and you're capable of pulling the clasp apart, just pick up one of these and drop it in. Being on a time line, I was in a hurry to fix it. But I've ordered one of these to drop into the rep clasp as a spare.
http://cgi.ebay.com/omega-seamaster-replacement-clasp-spring-parts-/130538573439?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item1e64b48e7f

That would work... isn't there any aftermarket, third-party springs that I can just drop in? I'm sure some local watchsmiths must carry them. I know that one from Omega isn't expensive but why even bother ordering if you can get em at a local shop?

Also, I believe the issue lies not only in the spring, but the mushroom pin which goes into the clasp spring as well. The mushroom pin seems to be really weak and it feels like it could snap off anytime. The steel used on this watch seems to be pretty soft and incapable of withstanding stress... I'm sure that's the same reason why yours has a stripped crown. Other than that though, it seems to be a good rep. It's a shame really that the factories can't fix this because it's truly a functional issue more than a cosmetic one.

Ordered mine a week ago from Lay and still waiting for my QC pics, funny thing is an order after mine already has the QC pics up. What's going on?? I have sent him a few messages and emails but haven't heard from him for a week now.

Lay has been very busy recently. Check his QC page www.replicamake88.com\QC and you will see that he has numerous orders filed everyday. Maybe your QC page is already up but you haven't been informed? Check out the page and you might see it.

Also, make sure your emails to him are short and simple. Most of these dealers just ignore an email if it's too long so keep it very short... maybe something like

Subject: Have placed order, need QC pics soon please.

Body

Hi Lay,
Have placed order, need QC pics soon because watch is bday gift, waiting for your reply, thanks

regards
xxxxx

Something like that. Good luck!

Mike29983

8/7/07
After years of abstinence from reps i finally bought a new one.
Also a 42mm Seamaster from Lay, always loved this watch.

Im very tempted about the watch and can't wait till the postman rings my doorbell :)
here are my QC shots from lay ( its already shipped and should arrive in the next few days )

48941.jpg

48942.jpg

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
After years of abstinence from reps i finally bought a new one.
Also a 42mm Seamaster from Lay, always loved this watch.

Im very tempted about the watch and can't wait till the postman rings my doorbell :)
here are my QC shots from lay ( its already shipped and should arrive in the next few days )

48941.jpg

48942.jpg

Looks great!! Can you do us a favor and tell us how the clasp is on yours when you get it? Does it feel loose or flimsy? How is the mushroom pin? Thanks.
Magic

petemoss

16/12/10
Just got mine in today and it's AMAZING...except for the clasp. Seriously, everything about this watch is just about perfect (I got the one with the orange numerals), but I can already tell that the clasp is going to be an issue. It's taken me a few tries every time I've put the watch on to get the clasp to stay shut.

Try squeezing the clasp buttons together as you are closing it. That usually works for me. If the clasp spring is still not closing, you probably need to rebend the spring. I wrote a quick how-to here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fixed-my-omega-clasp-76299

Also, remember that the diver's extension needs to be closed properly. There's a link to fakemaster's tips about closing the diver's extension in the link above. As a last resort, you can file down the sides of the mushroom head. And if you break the spring, you can always order a gen clasp spring from Ofrei. I just ordered a couple and should have them soon.

DSCN1598.jpg