• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 5G 42MM QC Pics from Lay....

vasa4609

Looking Around
31/7/11
Mine on order too...

Hello fellow watch fans,

I ordered one of these PO beauties from Lay yesterday as well, just couldn’t resist to temptation. Gone for a bit more expensive Nickel Plated 2824-2 42mm PO (to be frank, dunno if there is a difference between the one I chose and the Asian version).

Although I’m in the UK I just trusted your advice more than any of these local sites who overcharge by a margin.

Lay does seem to be a very busy man, so when shots arrive I’ll share them with you.

Take care all.

Vasa

cobra8272

Horology Curious
9/7/11
Had mine 2 weeks now and the clasp is rock solid, locks up first time everytime and has not come undone once.
Hope i'm not tempting fate :)

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
For me the divers extensions are a bigger PIA than the clasps have ever been.....

vasa4609

Looking Around
31/7/11
Just received

Just received mine 42mm PO from Lay, resized bracelet w/o problem by just using paperclip and pliers to hold the paperclip. All looks good apart from the clasp which is screwed, one bit is broken and therefore whole clasp needs replacing. I don't think Lay could have spotted that, it was all wrapped when he took pics.

Just ordered new clasp 1580.952, will have to change it otherwise I'll loose my watch :0....

Vasa

rbel13

Known Member
17/2/11
correct me if i am wrong but Lay is associated with replica88 and replica88 is on the not trusted dealers list. So is it safe to order from him?

thanks

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Lay's site that I use is replica make 88 (remove the spaces and add the www. and .com :) )

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Hello fellow watch fans,

I ordered one of these PO beauties from Lay yesterday as well, just couldn’t resist to temptation. Gone for a bit more expensive Nickel Plated 2824-2 42mm PO (to be frank, dunno if there is a difference between the one I chose and the Asian version).

Although I’m in the UK I just trusted your advice more than any of these local sites who overcharge by a margin.

Lay does seem to be a very busy man, so when shots arrive I’ll share them with you.

Take care all.

Vasa
I'm not sure if there are any differences in the plated mvt. besides the obvious difference in appearance. But I did the same thing and went for the plated/insignia rotor mvt.(IMO it looks great) Mine was running +8-9 secs per day. I worked the reg screw ever so slightly...a consistant +3 secs per day on the wrist ever since. Not sure what sitting it face up/face down would do...I don't take it off to sleep or shower.

Mike29983

8/7/07
Looks great!! Can you do us a favor and tell us how the clasp is on yours when you get it? Does it feel loose or flimsy? How is the mushroom pin? Thanks.
Magic

Sorry for the late response, been very busy the last weeks. So here is my Experience with the PO.
The Watch is stunning, best Rep i ever bought.
The clasp is good on mine, but the divers extension just wont stay closed. I fixed this with 2 little Spots of super glue inside. But what i see will be a problem in the future is the crown + tube. One Day it will be stripped. Im planning to get gen parts. Has anybody done this on the 42mm V5 ?
:)