• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Rep Dealer Cop Out

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
True, many do. Maybe they haven't spent the time understanding reps, the community or the market place, perhaps they are just lazy, there could be many reasons.

The important message here is that no matter how naive, no matter how skewed someone's expectations are, it is NOT OK to bully and more specifically, it is NOT OK to instruct someone to commit suicide.

Instead, point out what's wrong with their post and why.

If you are fatigued from responding to the n'th thousand dumb newbie post, its better just not to respond rather than some of what we've seen in this and other threads.

I would say that it is rather a statement than an instruction. No one can instruct anyone here to do anything other than the staff here with reasonable instruction.

You wouldn't really strip yourself and get ready to get laid when someone says "f**k you" to you, right?

:hehehe:

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
If they would have spend time doing their own reading before asking, they don't need anyone to educate them because there are plenty of information here for new members to educate themselves.

I don't see any personal attacks in this thread, flame yes. Why? Because because of unreasonable high expectation of lazy to read. Unreasonable high expectation from members have already causes a lot of problem for dealers and indirectly, have also causes some problem for all members here.

So it is quite a sensitive issue and you can't blame members(me included) to flame others because we are also affected from the damage it causes.

Fair enough. I understand. Thank you for your frankness.

airtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/11
I don't see any personal attacks in this thread, flame yes.

Instructing someone to commit suicide is not a person attack in your view? I'll have to disagree with you there. There isn't much that can be more personal than suggesting someone end their life.

An online community that condones senior members instructing other members to kill themselves, may itself die eventually. If we treat newbie's dumb posts with such extreme responses then only those who make them and condone them will be left.

I'd think it's in RWI's best interests to not condone such comments. But then again, I myself am a noob here so I'll leave it up to the more experienced senior members to make that decision for themselves.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
I would say that it is rather a statement than an instruction. No one can instruct anyone here to do anything other than the staff here with reasonable instruction.

You wouldn't really strip yourself and get ready to get laid when someone says "f**k you" to you, right?

:hehehe:

Like i have say above, it is rather a statement to me than an instruction. Internet or real world, try not to take everything in heart if not you will be living a suffering life.

Instructing someone to commit suicide is not a person attack in your view? I'll have to disagree with you there. There isn't much that can be more personal than suggesting someone end their life.

An online community that condones senior members instructing other members to kill themselves, may itself die eventually. If we treat newbie's dumb posts with such extreme responses then only those who make them and condone them will be left.

I'd think it's in RWI's best interests to not condone such comments. But then again, I myself am a noob here so I'll leave it up to the more experienced senior members to make that decision for themselves.

MoreCowBell

5/9/13

I'm a newbie (and currently getting flamed on multiple threads :cheers:) but realize that many of the inflammatory (flame) statements are just that. I don't think the statements are really meant to be taken literally.

Go kill yourself = get out lost if you can't get in line with the program.

It's just not such a subtle or gentle way of getting the message across. Could lessons on etiquette help? Perhaps.

But if veteran members are participating in the flaming (including Admins) then i'm guessing that they're totally, completely OKAY with the forum just being for "them" and other like-minded members.

So, save your energy to fight the wars that really count (e.g. the ones with customs should they demand outrageous sums from you!).

And just ignore the flamers. :cheers:

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
Like i have say above, it is rather a statement to me than an instruction. Internet or real world, try not to take everything in heart if not you will be living a suffering life.

That mate is sage advice :popcorn:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
And just ignore the flamers. :cheers:
The voice of reason! It's only an Internet forum. Not a life changing experience.

We're working on adjusting BMW's meds. He should be feeling better soon.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The voice of reason! It's only an Internet forum. Not a life changing experience.

The only medication that works is the eradication of stupidity. Or as the guys out east call it, wankers. The OP and CowNuts are perfect examples.

Oh, and btw, no one accused the OP of being cocaine user. Reading comprehension must be very lacking in those that gathered that.

Now kindly go jump in front of the next train you see.

MoreCowBell

5/9/13

Lols...true.

Thanks for bringing some levity to the thread.

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
The only medication that works is the eradication of stupidity. Or as the guys out east call it, wankers. The OP and CowNuts are perfect examples.

Oh, and btw, no one accused the OP of being cocaine user. Reading comprehension must be very lacking in those that gathered that.

Now kindly go jump in front of the next train you see.

Okay, haven't you reached your flame quota for the day?

BMW's are seriously sweet cars. I have an old 525i and I love it. Now, can't we just get along or do you still feel the need to beat me down? :beatahorse:

airtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/11

Most likely it was just a dig at the OP. I don't know BMW760 personally but I get the impression it was just a misguided 'ain't I the local tough guy' flame :spank: for the amusement of some other senior members.

There are so many other better ways to 'flame' than what we've seen in this thread.

Peace to all :thumbsup: - its just seriously 'uncool' to say 'Kill Yourself' no matter how flippant your intentions.

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
Most likely it was just a dig at the OP. I don't know BMW760 personally but I get the impression it was just a misguided 'ain't I the local tough guy' flame :spank: for the amusement of some other senior members.

There are so many other better ways to 'flame' than what we've seen in this thread.

Peace to all :thumbsup: - its just seriously 'uncool' to say 'Kill Yourself' no matter how flippant your intentions.

This is just the nature of forums in general. You have a collection of good-old-boys, newbies and tweeners. The good-old-boys (veterans, mods, admins) want the forum to run smoothly and not have their way of life upset by the newbies who don't have a "clue" (so i've had this pointed out to me on more then one occasion) but genuinely want to contribute and learn and the tweeners who are not too removed from being a newbie (thus can relate to them) and are well on their way to veteran status (joining the good-old-boys) and, as such, take the "peace for all" stance.

This is simply the dynamic of all forums.

Now it's up to the mods (short for "moderators") to keep the peace and to make sure everyone gets along and understands the rules.

Is this acceptable? Well that depends upon who is willing to speak up or speak out and to what degree moderators want to police the forum.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Moderators here are not attitude police. They're only here to make sure people are following the few simple rules of the forum.

You can pretty much tell anyone you want to f*ck off, except of course Trailboss. Do that at your own peril. :hehehe:

:cheers:

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
Your opinion is noted but one of the major points made is the price for reps are indeed as much as genuine watches and many times exceed them. It would seem people are not reading the entire post before drawing conclusions. :beatahorse:

Further the legality and danger of the buiness is something that they assume responsibility for. If they seem it to be worth risking themselves and their families lives ( as some have asserted the danger to be)
that's their business. Not mine... And surely it has nothing to do with the quality of the product.

Personally I have been homeless for the past 5 months due to reasons that are none of your buisness. Gunshots, murders, fights, etc were common and sometimes even a daily experience for me. Heck... One time some drunk fool pulled a knife on me while I was eating dinner in the cafeteria. Do you see me asking for a discount because of the turmoil that surrounded my life. NO because that's absurd. WHY? Because it has nothing to do with the price of anything.

Don't misunderstand (which I'm sure you will anyway) I'm not cold or apathetic to these conditions one may live in. However as being in just that environment I can honestly say its has little to do with the subject being discussed.

To address all these silly remarks about cocaine.... I'm not a user but I'd imagine that if I was... And I bought some that didnt get me high (I.e. NOT DOING WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO) then YEAH... That sounds like a legitimate cause for complaint.

I'm being regarded as unintelligent, having a lack of common sense, being naive, etc. when in reality it's quite the opposite. An intelligent person asks questions to learn more, an ignorant person assumes the answer or doesn't care at all to know. A naive person is one who believes "things" without getting the full scope of the issue at hand.... Which is exactly my purpose in posting my concerns. Further the issues being raised that are being used as an example of demonstrating a lack of common sense on my part were a large part of my life for the last several months. And frankly... It is an irrelevant point all together but regardless is an incorrect one.

Finally... If there wasn't an issue with customers getting a piece of crap that they paid 300$ for then there would be NO NEED FOR QC PICS all together. Just saying.... Things are the way they are for a reason.

if you in a shelter the LAST thing you should be buying is a watch imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
Moderators here are not attitude police. They're only here to make sure people are following the few simple rules of the forum.

You can pretty much tell anyone you want to f*ck off, except of course Trailboss. Do that at your own peril. :hehehe:

:cheers:

Lols...yes, i'm quickly learning this. I'm good with this...until someone personally attacks me. Then...all holds barred mate. :raji:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Lols...yes, i'm quickly learning this. I'm good with this...until someone personally attacks me. Then...all holds barred mate. :raji:

badass1.jpg