• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Rep Dealer Cop Out

Eddie 500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/13
I wil only buy from a dealer/modder that stands behind his/her work.

And one that has a stellar reputation on forums like this one.

And it seems there are several real good craftsmen HERE that provide that kind of piece of mind.:woot:

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
OP did a month of research. One month. It's going to take longer. I have purchased about a dozen watches since finding the fora. All arrived working and still work. Don't overestimate the chances of getting a dead watch but be prepared if it happens. After reading your concerns I would suggest getting some lower end gens like the seiko autos. Many members here own them and they are very nice watches.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Grovel :thumbsup:

PeaGravel.jpg

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
I don't appreciate the rude and tright remarks. This is the first real thread I've posted after patiently reading guides that most of you participated in. I've taken the advice to heart.

As being a CONTRIBUTING member of this forum SOME OF YOU are way out of line in responding to a simple concern of a newcomer. Get some anger management and learn to control yourself.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Anger aside you have to admit that this is some darn good grovel right here.

Agate-bulk-2_zpsec52c753.gif

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I don't appreciate the rude and tright remarks. This is the first real thread I've posted after patiently reading guides that most of you participated in. I've taken the advice to heart.

As being a CONTRIBUTING member of this forum SOME OF YOU are way out of line in responding to a simple concern of a newcomer. Get some anger management and learn to control yourself.

Anytime anyone posts anything, there are usually those who will agree and those who won't agree....sometimes in the extreme. Your OP was well composed and worded. However, it was somewhat naïve to the realities of this "hobby". Stick around, continue to post and be involved. This forum can always use more contributing members.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06

Don't worry about all that Taze. We have a lot of people here from different backgrounds and cultures and sometimes the comments get a little off the wall, just remember that nothing is personal and don't let anyone get under your skin. After a little while you will learn who the instigators
are around here. Real Woody Woodpeckers they are :hehehe:

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
What I find interesting is that the current poll results are almost an even split (15 Agree, 19 disagree.) I expected more lopsided results.

I just can't figure out why all the members don't agree with me. Oh well.

;)

Cadmito

20/3/11
What we are buying is an illegal product made by god knows who in less than ideal conditions. The fact that we get what we get is to me, remarkable. We get QC pics of a FAKE watch. We get a forum of mods who will help the community when problems arise. We get a extremely close version of the real thing for a fraction of the cost.

If you are so concerned with the movement then buy a Seiko. Most people here have low end gens and can appreciate the value they provide. Having just got my Deep Blue back from a repair I can tell you the gens have their issues as well. If something goes wrong with your watch in transit most dealers will exchange it for another. Or, you can service it right away or swap the movement for its Swiss version for an added cost.

I am personally blown away at what $300 can buy you in the rep world and I can't understand people who want gen service and quality but can't/won't pay gen prices.

So, I voted disagree.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
My BPSD had a bad balance wheel. No telling how for sure. Sub4me has plenty of ideas though. :sub4me:

I had a choice, either send it to Hont for repair or pony up for a Gen ETA. I got the Gen ETA. I'm still well under what a Gen SD costs. I'm ahead!

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
What we are buying is an illegal product made by god knows who in less than ideal conditions. The fact that we get what we get is to me, remarkable. We get QC pics of a FAKE watch. We get a forum of mods who will help the community when problems arise. We get a extremely close version of the real thing for a fraction of the cost.

If you are so concerned with the movement then buy a Seiko. Most people here have low end gens and can appreciate the value they provide. Having just got my Deep Blue back from a repair I can tell you the gens have their issues as well. If something goes wrong with your watch in transit most dealers will exchange it for another. Or, you can service it right away or swap the movement for its Swiss version for an added cost.

I am personally blown away at what $300 can buy you in the rep world and I can't understand people who want gen service and quality but can't/won't pay gen prices.

So, I voted disagree.

+1 and rep points given.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

So, I voted disagree.

Amazing what a little common sense will do.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'd give rep points to everybody if I knew how.

Somebody give me some so I'll know how.............:lol:

DenisSpa

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/6/12
How can someone be wrong in expecting a new watch to be clean and working when then receive it?

I'm with you 100 % OP.

BUT...

Unfortunately this is the game we play.

Let me give you some advice...

The only way around this is to source high end or genuine parts and install gen swiss movements, either learn how to service them yourself or hire someone to do so.

I currently own 2 reps... a 6538 and a 1680 valued a little over 2k. Both with swiss movements, high end dials cases etc.

What I'm trying to say is that if you are searching for perfection except to pay top dollar and invest even more time sourcing all of the parts.

Your other option is going GEN.

?Noobtastic via the Galaxy III