• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Rep Dealer Cop Out

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I don't think it's that common to receive DOA watches, most likely you will have a dirty movement or it won't keep good time or some other minor flaw.

From my point of view having a watch regulated, serviced or cleaned, even swapping the movement in it or just changing the strap 'cause the rep one sucks is a part of the fun of the game.
You can do it yourself or have someone do it for you, but you will end with a watch that will feel yours in a way that even a gen one won't be. It's not about the money at all.
If you don't want to do so, you can always send back the watch for replacement, but again you'll miss part of the fun. :)

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
Think of it like this.. Hundreds of watches are purchased daily from TDs on this forum alone. For the few unlucky ones, yes they will start a thread about their DOA watches to vent and rightly so, I'll be pissed too. But after buying around 15 reps thus far and no DOA, knock on wood. I think the odds of your first rep being a bum watch is quite slim.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
After buying about 40 or more reps, I've only had minor problems with a couple of them. Early on I realized that If I really wanted to keep a watch that was faulty, why not pay to have the movement serviced rather than go through the hassle of sending it back. Sure, it's a little more expensive, but then you know exactly what you've got. I've sent a couple back and it wasn't a life changing event, like so many people make it out to be, and they came back in perfect condition.

So, really, it's like buying anything else, other than the service division's a long ways off. Same thing happens with almost everything you buy on the Internet. If it breaks, you have to send it back for service. Big deal!

I think it's pretty awesome that we have a bunch of TD's that will actually sell you an illegal product and stand behind the warranty, even if it is an inconvenience to you whiners. We're in the age of "instant gratification" now. "I want it and I want it right now"

Some of you guys remind me of the little girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
willywonka-13.jpg

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
just boils down to this...

rep game ain for everybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Shreky

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/6/13
So we cater to the whims of these dealers , we kowtow , and say "gee , thanks it's almost perfect , wish it would work " grovel grovel

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
OP has no any idea, what he's talking about. He don't have even one rep., and already complaining.
I'd advice him to stay with Seiko and Stuhrling.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
So we cater to the whims of these dealers , we kowtow , and say "gee , thanks it's almost perfect , wish it would work " grovel grovel

You've gotta be kidding. You've got them sending you macro QC pictures that you can pick apart for the tiniest little imperfection that you'd never even see in real life. Seems like they are grovelling a lot more than we are.

willywonka-13.jpg

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
I wish my coke dealer had supreme stuff each and every time made by a pharmacutical company in clean rooms not by some poor columbian slaves on a mountainside somewhere...but then it would cost more and I wouldn't like that. The stuff he gets is pretty good and gets the job done at a reasonable price and from time to time I end up with a shitty 8-ball that barely gets a white college chick a hit but that's the problems ya gotta deal with for illegal goods

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Every newbie has this concern. You are not the first nor will you be the last. My advice is to buy a high end rep and your worry will melt away. Just stay away from low end craps like Watch Eden, WBK, or Silix.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
Anyway I think the point is well made... to reiterate.... The price to quality ratio is not equal. If people are buying these watches just for the appearance... I feel that is very sad, and a disgrace to the watch collecting community. I would dare say that we ARE ABOVE THAT.

You are lying to yourself if you buy a replica watch for the craftsmanship. You buy it because you want to wear the BRAND/APPERANCE.

You do realize that it is illegal to make these watches right? You ideas reflect what a person might think about a legitimate business or industry.

For best results, I'd forward your comments to the Noob Factory black belt in their six sigma group. I suspect they may be fearful of loosing their ISO9001 certification.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12

Who's grovelling, mate?

We have a whole team of moderators and an enormous community who's ready to give any dealer regardless of how long they've been here the boot if their service is not up to scratch. The purpose of the forums first and foremost is the protection of members. RWI is not at the whims of ANYONE

When has anyone said dealers make the watches? When has the board ever expected an illegal counterfeit product to be 'perfect'?

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
OP buy a Super rep Pam have it serviced and enjoy the experience of wearing a beautiful $10k-15k watch for 500 bucks.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Eddie 500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/13
Hey Taze- I think you raise a good point......actually several good points.

Not sure why members feel that "fixing" a new watch would be satisfactory?????