• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for info on this 40mm Zenith Pilot.

ticktockmydickdoc

Renowned Member
10/6/17
I have confirmed with another TD that it is 40mm.

Seems to be a fantasy model based on the larger 45mm version (it is thicker than the rep of the 40mm)

Who'd you confirm it with? I still think this is just a typo shit storm.

Why would the 40mm reps take a Miyota and be built at 12.5mm thick but then they decide to manufacture a separate 40mm/15mm case for 2 fantasy reps and use a different movement? It just seems like a bunch of money spent on tooling for no reason.

The screws at the lugs are present for the SS A2824 that's listed as 40mm, but not on the bronze one: http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44&products_id=17651

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
I agree with your sentiment, but if two TD's confirm it.....?

This is where I saw it, (TD on a different forum) and he confirmed it. If you look on that website, you can see that all the 40mm with Asian Clone movements are labelled "Mod" which I take to mean they are a modification or a fantasy.

The 40mm was never made in polished stainless steel by Zenith but the bronze was.

I've been looking very closely at the videos on Trusty Time, and truth be told I can't see a difference in size.

The whole thing is bizarre. Generally I think the TD’s don't bother checking details and just repeat back what is written on their websites.

ticktockmydickdoc

Renowned Member
10/6/17
The 40mm was never made in polished stainless steel by Zenith but the bronze was.

I don't think you are correct. Zenith didn't make the bronze in 40mm either. At least, I can't find any videos or reviews about a 40mm bronze Pilot.

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
You may be right. It still doesn't help us work out whether the reps listed as 40mm really are that.

Any ideas how we can clear this up? I'm wanting to buy one in the very near future.

ticktockmydickdoc

Renowned Member
10/6/17
You may be right. It still doesn't help us work out whether the reps listed as 40mm really are that.

Any ideas how we can clear this up? I'm wanting to buy one in the very near future.

I'm definitely right. Here's straight from Zenith's site:

2017-10-15_16-21-40.jpg

Let me contact my TD, I have a pretty good relationship with him. I'll ask him to please double check with the factory and try to get them to take a picture with calipers.

teioh3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/16
I wony be sold on the 40mm bronze if it came with 9015

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
Too bad, thx for double checking.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
Thanks for checking.

It's quite amazing how a TD will keep insisting that it's 40mm. Where do they get their info from?! A case in point: This one is labelled as A7750 but in the description clearly states 9015.

Not sure there's any point trying to convince them otherwise.

UPDATE: My TD has just conceded that they are indeed 45mm. Result.

ticktockmydickdoc

Renowned Member
10/6/17
What's worse is I doubt the listing will be changed, so the next person that reads it will get confused too.

It's like they want 2 or 3 sales based on confusion.

oshtosh

Known Member
2/11/16
For that reason I asked him to change the listing. Let's see what happens....