• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

FaintOrGloch

Getting To Know The Place
10/7/22
Maybe. By all accounts the rep Snoopy caseback isn't great but still would've been nice.
Enjoying the watch though. As mentioned, it's far from gen but looks and wears well. I've put it on a CNS Tropic strap.

amandacole82

Do not accept unsolicited offers
21/9/20
Is there any rep out there, that is at least 90-95% accurate?

From what I've read, there's an issue with the sub dials. Am I correct in saying it's just the spacing (ie. they're too far apart from the gen)? and with the movement? I think I also read somewhere that the thickness was also an issue. But from what I understand, the gen is 13.5mm thick compared to 14mm which I don't think it noticeable.

Is there something else I should be looking at?

lost-cavalier

prisoner of time
Supporter
Certified
5/11/22
Personally the sub-dial spacing means it's more than the >10% - the whole balance of the face goes and impacts the numerals e.t.c. - until that's resolved there isn't a 90%+ for the moonwatch as stated previously unfortunately

Reactions: Jammydodger79

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
Also the snoopy caseback (as mentioned by FaintOrGloch above) is poor on the OMF v2 and the 44mm quartz versions on dhgate, if Im not mistaken have it printed not engraved. I went for the OMF which is dated 2019 on trusty.
If they ever come up with a better version I would double dip and buy it but I have no idea how the Chinese factories/suppliers decide on what to put out. The gen is a popular watch that sells at loco prices so I would have thought we would see v3 4 or another factory release something.

processengr

Respected Member
16/9/15
Anyone know the diameter of the crystal on the OMF Moonwatch rep? Mine cracked, was replaced with an OEM spec hesalite, that doesnt fit-too large- presently glued in. Would like to get a Clark crystal, but don't know what diameter or retainer/gasket to buy. I failed to measure the original crystal that came with the watch....

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
OMF sapphire crystal outer diameter is 33.2mm. Inner diameter is 30.3mm.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
And the hesalite crystals have to be pressed in like the sapphires, in order to get the tension ring to squeeze in properly.

At least thats how its been in my experience.

Reactions: processengr

FaintOrGloch

10/7/22
My OMF 45th Snoopy just came with the normal caseback, no snoopy at all except on the 9 o'clock subdial. The text on the caseback is engraved and filled, not painted, but not great quality (instead of "MANNED" it reads "MAN NED"). I still enjoy the watch, but nobody is going to be fooled by it!
IIRC, on "another" rep forum, some guys tried to improve on the Snoopy caseback. Didn't look great though.

processengr

Respected Member
16/9/15
Just pressed the Clark 5077 into this OMF....perfect fit and snap! Big Thanks @connery77
52499313197_7f1b79ca91_b.jpg

Reactions: connery77

processengr

Respected Member
16/9/15
I took off the bezel with the watch hammer and a watch press disc, as shown in the video by connery77 earlier in the thread.
Picked out the sapphire crystal and gasket. Cleaned the undercut in the case.
You must buy the (black) tension ring with the hesalite crystal. I pressed in in by hand until it clicked, then used he watch press with disc that fit closely the contour of the clark crystal to make sure it was all the way home.

Reactions: baku3121

processengr

Respected Member
16/9/15
Here is the thread to remove the bezel.

baku3121

30/3/18
Here is the thread to remove the bezel.
Thanks a lot bro. Will you share a wrist pic with the new crystal please 😀