• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

CeterisParibus

Getting To Know The Place
13/5/22
UE
Hi,
Anyone have buyed the new version of omega speedmaster snoopy 50th ?
Anyone can help me with a review or some other seller better than this? Thanks a lot!

I've waited 1 month, and Andrew still ddin't sent me QC pics. I presume he didn't get it.

When i asked him to change my order, he quickly answered OK.

This watch is very expensive for a rep, hand has an obvious tell with the subdials. I can't comment the rest of the watch.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
So it's possible that is so difficult to make and never ship?
One reason speedys arent well replicated (clone movement or something like that) is that in china this watch is not as popolar as for example AP, Patek and Rolex. So I bet they just made a small stock, not like Submariners or so which usual are 3-5k batches. sold out emmidiatly maybe.

FaintOrGloch

10/7/22
I take it that is gen! Congrats!
Came here to ask - I think I want a Snoopy*, probably the 45th. I know the reps have the wrong subdial spacing, crappy bands etc. I just want a fun watch with a working crono function, I'll put it on a nylon strap anyway, and could care less if it doesn't look gen. Would prefer a mechanical over quartz tbh.
Question is - tells aside, do you get a decent quality watch for your $380?

*I do want one, I'm just unsure of size. Usually wear 36-38mm

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I wear 40 to 42mm (Wrist 19/19,5cm).
But really depends on Lug to Lug.

You wont find a quality Chrono in a rep for 380 usd.
Sidefact: No matter what everyone says, not even the 850 USD Daytonas Chrono in the noob 4130 Clone is safe to use. The resetting function always is such a damn physics power that passes through the watch, mixed up with chinese clone building material (spring in the movement) is a explosive mixture.
If price and chrono are important, go for a Quartz. Or fix movement with gen pullback spring.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
FYI, Clarks sells replacement Speedmaster crystals now with the black tension ring and tiny Omega logo in the center of the dome. They press perfectly on to the OMF reps. Looks fantastic.

Reactions: FaintOrGloch

FaintOrGloch

10/7/22
Quick Snoopy question. I ordered the 45th anniversary with the Venus 75 copy, just as a fun beater.

QC pics arrived but sat in my spam folder for a week before I noticed them. So the watch is on its way. The pics show a normal speedy case back, not the silver Snoopy one, guess they ran out!

It’ll still be fine, it would never pass as gen anyway. But out of interest - anyone know if the case back from a DHGate quartz model would fit the case? Long shot, I know!

It’s coming with this caseback. The Snoopy one was kinda cute though.

Reactions: Haltec

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Hello gentleman. Just a quick question. I have a OMF Speedmaster MoonWatch on order with one of our TDs and just wanted to confirm that the lug width is 20mm, like the gen.

The reason I'm asking is because I plan on using it on a Komfit bracelet, like the NASA personnel did, and would like to order the bracelet right away.

FaintOrGloch

10/7/22
Hey. Mine is OMF and can confirm it’s definitely a 20mm lug width.

I don’t know how thick a Komfit bracelet is, but remember this is already a thick watch. I’m wearing mine on a regular two piece strap, as the extra pass of material of a NATO made it feel super tall on my wrist.

Reactions: DC69

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Hey. Mine is OMF and can confirm it’s definitely a 20mm lug width.

I don’t know how thick a Komfit bracelet is, but remember this is already a thick watch. I’m wearing mine on a regular two piece strap, as the extra pass of material of a NATO made it feel super tall on my wrist.
Thanks for the info. It's not supposed to add any thickness because it doesn't pass behind the case. It's kinda like a Milanese but with different mesh.

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
I have one on the classic komfit bracelet and it looks and feels perfect.
Did you go for the classic 16mm or the new 18mm wide version?

I'm thinking I will go for the 16mm version. As far as I know case dimensions on the speedy have not changed since the 60's and the proportions look good on those antique photos from NASA personnel. But on the other hand, 18mm may look better on the 20mm lug width. More balanced maybe.

Reactions: Teamjlf

mini88

Supporter
Certified
8/8/22
does anyone know if the bracelet of the rep i posted will fit a gen 3861?

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
Quick Snoopy question. I ordered the 45th anniversary with the Venus 75 copy, just as a fun beater.

QC pics arrived but sat in my spam folder for a week before I noticed them. So the watch is on its way. The pics show a normal speedy case back, not the silver Snoopy one, guess they ran out!

It’ll still be fine, it would never pass as gen anyway. But out of interest - anyone know if the case back from a DHGate quartz model would fit the case? Long shot, I know!

It’s coming with this caseback. The Snoopy one was kinda cute though.

I ordered the same watch from Trusty on the 26th despite the flaws. Waiting for the QC pics to arrive. I really hope it comes with the correct caseback as I am a big peanuts fan.

Would you have rejected it if you had seen the QC pictures in time?