• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a speedmaster moonwatch? Info inside!

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
I wonder how the Daytona movement subdial spacing is compared to the speedmaster.

I wouldn't mind the mixed up subdial arrangement 🤣.

And I wonder if there is no way to make a speedy without a functioning Chrono but just running seconds hand .

Maybe new factorys can Jerry rig something

Daytonamaster

Do not accept unsolicited offers
2/5/23
South Germany

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
There is one, but 16mm thickness seems to me very off to the gen. The Gen is 13,2mm

@steve_theonewatches is it really 16mm thick? I would buy it, but that prevent me to buy one
I still looks like it has an hour counter @6 instead of a Chrono hour counter. The 7750 based cases are usually quite thick, that was the problem with the old Daytonas.

JMM17

Getting To Know The Place
15/1/24
I dont get it why they slave 6 o'clock couter to hour hand in almost any speedy rep. Would be better if they just left it as a dummy, or why not use 7753 like in speedy racing?

Reactions: Daytonamaster

Foomanstu

Professional watch wearer.
3/2/23
San Antonio, TX
Knowing what there is to know about Moonwatch reps I purchased the moonshine gold moonwatch from the RMF and am very pleased with it. It looks much nicer in person as the camera doesn't capture the brilliance and shade changes of the gold dial. It has become one of my favorites in the lineup and has garnered a few compliments from friends. I never used the Chrono function but simply like the way these watches look. I've never been a Rolex admirer but have started to like the Daytona models and may have to purchase a 116518 with diamonds on the dial.