• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little Steps

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
That's freakin' bonkers! đŸ˜³

Like most things barefoot it's some serious pain and hard crashes involved to even get reasonable at a particular trick, jump, etc etc

Once learned well, you also learn at what point you can and how to bail outta a particular scenario to avoid painful etc ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sub_Souljah

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
The Pepsi GMT was here waiting when we got back. Got a ton of work to do, but I'll get to swapping the dials at some point.
Here is the fully working as gen GMT Pepsi ....

The meteorite Dial donor ....

I'm gonna need another cabinet, I'm still collecting Rolex lol, today I bought a Blue Dial Milgauss, which is entirely @Cubby 's fault because he mentioned he has one :ROFLMAO:

Generic pic of the Blue Milgauss ....

Cubby

Known Member
11/4/24
Dave this is my ultimate watch, well done. It would be interesting to comparison the new generation of reps to my 10 years old one.

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
@Martyn_9_25

@Cubby

Didn't want to clutter the Charity thread, here is a pic from today of my watch cabinet, (3rd incarnation) which I now need to add another as it is full.
I have currently 53 watches, the cabinet holds 9 per shelf.
Below the cabinet is the separate Omega versus Rolex Deep Sea Challenge history display, and there are currently 3 watches loose in my worrkshop undergoing repairs / mods as time allows ;)
Top two shelves are all Rolex, the other shelves are mixed brands, plus 2 or 3 Rolex overspills.
There is 2 or 3 watches in their that will get re-purposed for mod watch parts, one may get put up complete on the Charity thread.

Hoping it may give you guys some inspirational thoughts (y)

Last edited:

Martyn_9_25

12/7/23
England
@Martyn_9_25

@Cubby

Didn't want to clutter the Charity thread, here is a pic from today of my watch cabinet, (3rd incarnation) which I now need to add another as it is full.
I have currently 53 watches, the cabinet holds 9 per shelf.
Below the cabinet is the separate Omega versus Rolex Deep Sea Challenge history display, and there are currently 3 watches loose in my worrkshop undergoing repairs / mods as time allows ;)
Top two shelves are all Rolex, the other shelves are mixed brands, plus 2 or 3 Rolex overspills.
There is 2 or 3 watches in their that will get re-purposed for parts, one may get put up complete on the Charity thread.

Hoping it may give you guys some inspirational thoughts (y)
I’ll refrain from swearing but I will use the lords name. Sweet Jesus! That’s a great collection!

Mel is most deffo at the point of just sighing when a new parcel arrives! đŸ˜‚

Out of interest the all gold yacht master II, K Factory?

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Out of interest the all gold yacht master II, K Factory?

Probably, IDK for sure as it was a private purchase from a customer who bought it, it arrived with a Bezel issue, he was sent another so I bought that one and repaired it's Bezels clicky bits :)

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Another new arrival, this was given to me by a very kind member who upgraded and had it sitting in a drawer.
I made a donation to CRUK in the charity thread. A big thanks, he knows who he is (y)

I love it, it wears real comfortable (y)

I also ordered another watch today from my fave TD, a nice bright orange dial TAG Heuer Aquaracer, and I have just the right colour Trousers for this one:D :D :D

Also currently negotiating an M2M for a real beauty of a custom build ;)

So that's me bang up to date, just waiting on the Aquaracer and the Milgauss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martyn_9_25

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Another update ....

The pic below is of the one off Omega Swatch Speedmaster Ireland đŸ‡¨đŸ‡® edition, which the builder kindly agreed to sell me.
This watch is being shipped to an anonymous buddy in Ireland first, who will then forward it to me in Scotland.
I'm praying for a safe transit as it is so beautiful and irreplaceable if the various Postmen Pratt's involved should lose it / steal it / break it đŸ˜®

The Rolex Milgauss is flying to UK as we speak, and the Tag Heuer Aquaracer will be leaving the seller soon, as he is currently on holiday until next week.

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
The one off build "Colours Of Ireland" Omega Speedy MoonSwatch arrived on Saturday, absolutely superbly built by it's talented creator, and I am so happy he sold it to me, it really is a lovely piece. Also last week my TAG Heuer Calibre 5 Carrera and TAG Heuer Aquaracer arrived as well, so, including the Milgauss in my above post all 4 recent purchases have been a resounding success (y)

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

ImLateAgain

Known Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
Thanks for sharing.

Just wanted to say that I look forward to your posts/replies/comments. You seem like one of the good guys and your comments frequently bring out a smile/chuckle.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Thank you for the kind comments, I have some good friends on here (y)

I'm currently mad busy, and having all sorts of age related health stuff going on so not here quite as much, but once I get some long standing projects finished I'll be back in full swing.

I actually need to build another Cabinet that will house a further 50 watches as the existing one is now full +++++ :)

There are 3 or 4 of my, lets say "less well thought out purchases" that have been gifted to my 18 yr old disabled grandson who has started collecting, and that is how I am currently housing these latest arrivals.

Not including Mels 3 watches which are in her jewellery cabinet, my total now stands at 52 watches including the two Rolex Vs Omega Deepsea Challenge watches that reside in their own separate display below the main cabinet, and a couple that are in the workshop for Mods / Repairs.

I will put up some pictures of the display taken today soon, I tried to put them here in this post twice now, but I'm having internet / computer issues atm :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubby

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Another 2 purchases last night, one is a Christamas prezzy for my Minx, an Aubergine sunburst dial diamond Ladies 36mm DJ, and a Blue motif dial 41mm DJ for myself, since I don't have a DJ in my collection. Both have genuine japan Miyotas and excellent value from RepSource.

I will most likely convert the Blue motif dial watch to a smooth bezel :D

Last edited:

BazzaB

Getting To Know The Place
15/1/20
Just bought another wee nugget in M2M last night, VSF PAM 1324 Carbotech Navy Seals ....

I'm delighted / gutted you got this... I saw it yesterday and decided to sleep on the decision... I was tempted to get a brother for my 616!!!

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Thank you kind sir (y)

That's happened to me a couple of times, nowadays I usually just compare a few pics to Gen pics, look at the seller details and if both look OK bite the bullet, whole transaction was completed in under 25 mins.

I was surprised that I hadn't seen the ad before, but have been crazy busy the last few months.
When I saw the price drops I just knew I'd have to have it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: BazzaB and Cubby