• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM312 "O" Series - [ QC pics allowed ]

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
lol ALE the CP is clearly recessed, no worries on this flaw, let's just get them to fix it for Version 2.

As above said in previous post, CP is less recessed as it seems. Because of the dome shape.
I have not seen yet the sample but I think that the CP is raised atb the center but recessed in the contour edges.
We will see
ALE

From the beginning I thought that was the matter

See that the domed shape produces a recessing in the dome edges of the CP. The effect and dome are a ilttle exaggerated to well see the problem.

ALE

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Yes, but is this the same on the gen ALE? I can't find pics to confirm this

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
As above said in previous post, CP is less recessed as it seems. Because of the dome shape.
I have not seen yet the sample but I think that the CP is raised atb the center but recessed in the contour edges.
We will see
ALE

ALE: I love your graphics - it makes the ongoing discussions very......visual:)

Higs

Known Member
20/9/12
Hey Higs, this is the reply i got.

hi

This is crocodile skin of the hind legs

are not always used, you can do 2 strap, using 3/4 skins

Unfortunately, at this time I do not have available

greetings and thanks

Mario

Thanks for this.
Always good to know a bit more.

risdian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/11
Thanks Mysterio..., my friend never had my V1 in his hands. He has seen other modded reps I own: 005k, 000, 390 and my Marlin 127. Like some of the members here, this watches are mounted on very fine straps from Gunny, Orloff and Dirk. This version of a 312 seems to have that 'gen feel and look', but after the 'Marlin revolution' for open caseback Noob reps, I just have to pass and simply enjoy looking at all the pics you have and will post.

Understand it now! My bad, apols

jonnyknox

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/11/10
Please someone post a video of the running movement and rotary spinning!

Thank you so much!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
No. Not received yet

I will talk to Mehmet tomorrow about that

ALE

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Oh man, i guess the qc on these aren't as good as we thought. I hope mine keeps running. How do you fix these if they're broken, being that the movement is modified. Hopefully one of our watchsmiths can repair these movements.

Higs

Known Member
20/9/12
Oh man, i guess the qc on these aren't as good as we thought.
How do you draw that conclusion from one DOA watch? I don't know what's actually wrong with Kleen's watch but how do we know the problem wasn't caused in transit?

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
How do you draw that conclusion from one DOA watch? I don't know what's actually wrong with Kleen's watch but how do we know the problem wasn't caused in transit?

We all know the lack of qc that occurs in the rep world. I'm not saying the KW312 is worse than any other release or factory. Due to the limited release and only one dealer releasing at the initial launch, one DOA is worth noting. I guess we were hoping that since the recent new KW offerings were a step up in regards to finish and polish that the qc was also a step up. I really like my KW312 by the way. Just look at my posts. :D:

Arancini

Known Member
20/9/12
Received my 312 KW a few days ago.

AR, construction and general feel are all excellent. Watch runs well. Display case back a big improvement on what was/is on the market.

I must say though, the so called "superlume" isn't super at all. In fact, it's actually very poor. My previous 312 7750 had a much better lume job on it.

Just thought I'd leave some feedback.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13

Exactly!
I think the watch had a really rough ride getting to Denmark, as I cannot imagine KW would ever ship me a bad one. I trust them that much.

Now QC is one aspect, TD (on RWG) service is another, far more important one.
I contacted KW immediately upon receival, and after a bit of communication to resolve the issue, they offered to ship me a replacement instantly instead of waiting for them to receive the first one back (I will return that to KW monday)

One thing is having a problem. But the all-important part is the solution.
I have not lost 1% of faith in KW over this....:)

watchpt

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Well Kleen and Higs, I think I jinxed myself because today my rotor detached from the movement. :thud: Before this the crown would occasionally not pull out all the way to set the time and I had to push the crown back in and out to get it to move into the last slot. Man I am bummed. I really like this watch. I've saved this watch for the weekends so this is only my fourth day wearing it.

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
I feel bad for you, and although two samples is still not a trend surely you will have to contact KW To make them aware of AND rectify the problem asap.