• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM312 "O" Series - [ QC pics allowed ]

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Mine was from Perfect Clones. Looks like the mainspring is buggered. I wonder if it's possible it over wound itself during shipping?

D

d4m.test

Mine was from Perfect Clones. Looks like the mainspring is buggered. I wonder if it's possible it over wound itself during shipping?

as far as I know, it is impossible to over wind an automatic watch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they have built in clutch mechanism to prevent over winding.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
mine not even close to 10 compared to my 111. It barely glow; just showing traces of lume. :(

My KW PAM 359 has clearly worse lume but the PAM 312 is good enough even in non complete dark.

ALE

Higs

Known Member
20/9/12
Nothing wrong with the lume on mine....

IMG_3369.JPG

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Most of the Trusted Dealers on this site will be able to get you this version of the 312.

I bought mine from Hont but there's no reason not to get it from Puretime.

The one quoted is not the KW PAM312, it's from a different maker. However, as the KW version is not exclusive I am sure Angus can get it for you if that's the one you want to buy. ;)

Higs

Known Member
20/9/12
This is not a KW PAM 312 versión
This is the version from Puretime

ALE
Oops - didn't realise there were two versions with the P9000like movement.

Is one of them clearly better than the other or do they both have pros/cons?

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Is there any correlation to high amplitude and the watch being DOA?
The DOA one I received had an amplitude of 327 degrees, now the replacement one shows 349 degrees, could this be causing it?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Oops - didn't realise there were two versions with the P9000like movement.

Is one of them clearly better than the other or do they both have pros/cons?

All reps have pros and cons (even the gens)
IMO KW is a superior rep in all aspects
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Is there any correlation to high amplitude and the watch being DOA?
The DOA one I received had an amplitude of 327 degrees, now the replacement one shows 349 degrees, could this be causing it?

No relation IMO
It is a matter of luck

ALE

Willks

Looking Around
29/5/12
Hi ALE
I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and thanks for doing so.
I received the 312 from kw and it is really amazing. Definitely has the gen feeling. However i was comparing it with gen 312 o pics on the net and it seems that the writing on the dial has a lighter color on the gen than the kw 312 o. The gen is less creamy whereas the kw 312 has a darker creamy color. Is this the case?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi ALE
I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and thanks for doing so.
I received the 312 from kw and it is really amazing. Definitely has the gen feeling. However i was comparing it with gen 312 o pics on the net and it seems that the writing on the dial has a lighter color on the gen than the kw 312 o. The gen is less creamy whereas the kw 312 has a darker creamy color. Is this the case?

Hi Willks
Due to the dial inscriptions are shiny (and raised) it is difficult to see the color on pics.
I can only tell you that KW bought a GEN 312 to make this replica and they still own the gen to compare side by side. Mehmet (owner of KW) is very proud of this creamish color like gen.

ALE

Redmar89

Horology Curious
19/10/12
Where does KW stands for? Can this KW version be bought at every supplier or one in specific? Tnx

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Where does KW stands for? Can this KW version be bought at every supplier or one in specific? Tnx

KW = Kuvarsit Watch

Although they have their own website, they are not a Trusted Dealer here. However, you can still get them from most if not all of the Trusted Dealers. Just specifically ask for the KW version.