• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM292-O Ceramic - [ QC pics allowed ] *******

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
the point is that there are people out there who can get the watches even before the dealer puts them online for sale. so it's quite possible to find someone evaluating the watch "right now".

And who was that masked man? :lol:

Langirt

Known Member
13/9/13
:unsure:
actually i read that on another board - don't ask me which thread, but I can give you the board's name, if it is not forbidden here to do so. One of the admins seem to have direct access to the factories or "assembly points" (however you call it).

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Really nice radiomirs from KW lately. Even the 613 looks promising. However, does dlc coated crowns appear the same as ceramic? Im under the impression that the ceramic crown has grainy texture while dlc'ed will be smooth, unless it was sandblasted.

Ilovewatches2013

12/11/13
oh damn does that mean my noob 292J isn't worth as much anymore haha. wonder what the quality of this kW 292 is compared to the noob one

+1
I too am wondering about the quality as there is a pretty decent price difference.
I have done a little reading on the pams and really like this 292 series.
I can't wait for an expert to chime in as I have read that the noob is the most sought-after version.

really looking forward to hearing some good reviews. please keep us posted pam aficionados.

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
Really nice radiomirs from KW lately. Even the 613 looks promising. However, does dlc coated crowns appear the same as ceramic? Im under the impression that the ceramic crown has grainy texture while dlc'ed will be smooth, unless it was sandblasted.

can anybody confirm if the crown is ceramic as well or dlc? don't believe it was mentioned on any of the TD sites. I took a screenshot of the crown from the side in PT's video (this is actually the 613 but I'm assuming they will both have the same case), looks pretty nice and matte to me, so hoping it is ceramic too

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
It is up on Sora's page. Here are the specs:

PAM613 Instanbul - $278

Size: 45mm

Movement: Asian UNITAS-6497-2 hand-winding
Functions: Hours, minutes and sub-seconds display
Case: 1:1 replicated full sandblasted imported full ceramic case with gen construction , DLC crown
Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with colorless anti-reflection coating (Swiss standard, single-sided, same as genuine)
Dial: Superlumed dial and hands
Strap: Black clafskin leather strap
Clasp: DLC Tang buckle
Water resistance: >20 Meters
Remark: 1:1 replicated from a genuine watch sample, most parts are interchangeable with genuine

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
It is up on Sora's page. Here are the specs:

PAM613 Instanbul - $278

Size: 45mm

Movement: Asian UNITAS-6497-2 hand-winding
Functions: Hours, minutes and sub-seconds display
Case: 1:1 replicated full sandblasted imported full ceramic case with gen construction , DLC crown
Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with colorless anti-reflection coating (Swiss standard, single-sided, same as genuine)
Dial: Superlumed dial and hands
Strap: Black clafskin leather strap
Clasp: DLC Tang buckle
Water resistance: >20 Meters
Remark: 1:1 replicated from a genuine watch sample, most parts are interchangeable with genuine

So its DLC crown then, thanks mate. It looks not shiny and pretty nice matte look

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
MOD NOTE:
QC pics of NEW PAM 292 either from KW-V6Fac or H maker will be allowed here for informative purposes.
PLEASE avoid, as much as possible, personal matters or silly consults.
PLEASE INDICATE MAKER.
ALE

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Ale, are all radiomir cases sharp at the edge like what you've mentioned? Looks like this case has a flat edge at the corners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale, are all radiomir cases sharp at the edge like what you've mentioned? Looks like this case has a flat edge at the corners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At real size this matter is much less noticeable than on enlarged pics

Gen corners are more or less the same about the size but gen are overall more rounded. As you can see on below pic of two PAMs 505 gen and KW

PAM%20505-%20CORNER%20GEN%20KW%20COMPARISON_zpshyy6htnw.jpg

You can see that gen corner is overall more rounded whereas rep corners are always with sharp edges

ALE