• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 Ap Rgrc new release

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
The rep time for me is soon at an end with these prices.
With the dollar rate going up and rep's getting more expensive these watches are soon 100% more expensive then the old noob secs@12 stock used to be when I was new to this hobby.

Im not shitting you when I say I can get a (nearly) brand new genuine Tudor BB for the price of two/three replica AP's now. I know complaining about prices is stupid, but this is getting to a breakingpoint.

Yup completely agree, but you know what? The buyers in this forum make up less than 20% of their consumers so if they others keep buying the prices will keep going!

A lot of people go by the 10% rule for rep pricing, if it costs less than 10% of the gen for a super rep? It's all systems go there! So by that, this is probably a 30K USD gen? Hence we may still see interest

Paladium

15/2/13
The rep time for me is soon at an end with these prices.
With the dollar rate going up and rep's getting more expensive these watches are soon 100% more expensive then the old noob secs@12 stock used to be when I was new to this hobby.

Im not shitting you when I say I can get a (nearly) brand new genuine Tudor BB for the price of two/three replica AP's now. I know complaining about prices is stupid, but this is getting to a breakingpoint.

Do agree on the price hikes and the movement reliability has not changed much. Going by what i have observed all across the forums, average lifespan of these a7750 sec@12 is only around 2-3 years before dying. Servicing can only extend its life for abit before multitude of problems occur again due to parts being damaged. Im kinda cool with the pricing and any additional accuracy and jewel enhancements would be a bonus. Enjoy the hobby and fret less. :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Until somebody takes apart the bezel and shows its construction, I am skeptical. Gen bezel construction would be the major selling point for updating my Noob RGRC.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
wow at the prices. i could get frankens and nice vintage pieces with that with cash to spare. good bye APs. its not even a tourbillon movement.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Yup prices keep going up and up and up, hmm wonder why:hehehe:
I'm kinda done with buying reps atm as I'm considering buying a Pam 510[emoji5]?

TONTCPAD

18/2/13
Once the senior guys in the forum start having reservations about rep pricing, then others like myself take their lead from these learned opinions.
As Ruski91 said in response to Shark's RGRC with hornback strap ( awesome watch by the way), many members got into the AP rep craze by seeing the posts and comments of senior guys.
It was Shark's post of his RB2 modded super rep that caught my attention 2 years ago and got me going for the same rep, and then modding it.
Look at Phantom's post on the RG 15400 m - and so many other posts on the 15400 at the moment.
I would guess there would now be a run on these reps.
So if the posts are negative from senior forum experts, then word must get to the TDs, and then the factories?

All of a sudden there has been a few senior posts on questioning rep prices and considering buying gens instead - 3 or so super modded reps equates to one £4/5k gen...
First time I've seen that, albeit in only my 2 brief years of membership.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Keeping my noob RGRC, this is definitely overpriced.
I would have considered it if the dial colour was accurate and the bezel construction was confirmed but if they haven't shown us and bragged about the "gen like bezel construction" of this or the Steel Rubberclad so far, there must be a good reason.

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
**** this shit. The chinese are trying to pull and Apple here and think we will keep buying the watches at these prices and compromised quality. I think we need to bycot this and say we will not buy the watches unless quality is supreme. They have eyes and can see what colour the dial is then why the **** cant they replicate it!! I am not interested in the endless V2, V3 ..V78 anymore!

This just gives an opportunity to someone like KW to produce top quality stuff which I will be happy to buy anyday if they give us what we want!!!

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
asian movement, not eta. doesnt merit that price point from my perspective. believe that price is high is due to maker offsetting investment on original watch during making.
this has been discussed by Angus. its becoming similar to the way technology prices their products. First mover prices it high to offset investment costs and reap margins
while competitors play catch up. those who pull the trigger and post a review, you would have my rep points :)

all that having said. i just wonder how much the ap gp would cost. 900 usd anyone? we would be reaching 1k soon based on this momentum

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
There is only one solution for the J12 price policy, buy less AP's and more PAM's [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
There is only one solution for the J12 price policy, buy less AP's and more PAM's [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone 6

Lol, there as reliable as the Ap's NOT [emoji16]
My new 390 is running fast so it's for the chop soon

jurikarazda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/13
let me say this, mates: If makers buy GEN in order to have exact information relevant for rebuilding it ... it is always an option for the makers to sell the GEN again - as a cost reducing measure in the whole REP process - after the maker collected all relevant information ...

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
let me say this, mates: If makers buy GEN in order to have exact information relevant for rebuilding it ... it is always an option for the makers to sell the GEN again - as a cost reducing measure in the whole REP process - after the maker collected all relevant information ...

Apparently when buying gens the makers ruin them in the process of repping them.
Although I highly doubt they bought a gen to rep this RGRC. They probably just tried to improve noob s version.

jpohl402

10/7/12
Apparently when buying gens the makers ruin them in the process of the repping them.
Although I highly doubt they bought a gen to rep this RGRC. They probably just tried to improve noob s version.

True on both accounts! Doud is 100% correct - any gen watch is destroyed & parts are scattered all over the place, basically...

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
Apparently when buying gens the makers ruin them in the process of repping them.

The problem is the price discrepancy between SS and RG (plated) versions. $10-30 more sure, but $130? Nope.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
They still can sell the 3120 if they buy a gen and destroy the dial and case will the rep process.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
The problem is the price discrepancy between SS and RG (plated) versions. $10-30 more sure, but $130? Nope.

Agreed, and both have issues, the SS one is a mashup between the older and newer Rubber clad and the rose gold has the wrong dial colour.

aflop

22/5/13

Sent from my iPhone 6

Shoo go away!
When such demand comes to PAMs then j12 starts to make PAMs and raise their prices too! Lol