• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issue with HONT. [RESOLVED ON 10.13.10]

neotec8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/10
I was upfront with what I was looking for ( Swiss Ceramic Sub with a straight pearl) . Yes i sent an email pre-purchase saying that. I spent 3 months going back and forth. It has been over a month since I returned the watch. I have emailed both the Mods and Hont.I have exhausted every grace period and extended every courtesy. I believe that I have done the nice guy part.

yes I was scammed and robbed of both my time and money.

I am just telling you my experience.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
You're not answering our questions.

And you haven't responded to LMR's generous offer either.

neotec8

26/6/10
1. Hont has the watch
2. Hont has the insert
3. Hont has my money

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
I was upfront with what I was looking for. I spent 3 months going back and forth. It has been over a month since I returned the watch. I have emailed both the Mods and Hont.I have exhausted every grace period and extended every courtesy. I believe that I have done the nice guy part.

I am just telling you my experience.

Here is the original thread..

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/perfect-ceramic-sub-well-almost-56053

Neo, you started it on 7/10 so you're just shy of 2 months not 3.. much of this time was communication and shipping time between you and china. If it takes 10-14 days to get a watch and he's shipped bezel once to you and you've shipped watch back once that's approx 20-30 days in just shipping time let alone time for final resolutions.

In several places in the thread you were very complimentary about the watch and about Hont himself.. the name of the thread is actually "Perfect Ceramic Sub well almost". This thread was unfair to Hont and the RWI team who've been working the issue for you. ..just my .02

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
1. Hont has the watch
2. Hont has the insert
3. Hont has my money

again, you're not answering the questions. I honestly don't see the point of this if you're not going to cooperate. Sounds to me like you're fine with the predicament you're in. :facepalm:

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
+1

12 posts in 1 year: You don't say much, Paydirt, but you make it count when you do.

+2

To OP, can we get a post with details and a timeline? It was your third post before we'd heard that the watch wasn't in your possession. Bullet point it for us.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
I'd wait until the admins have cleared this up, this is going down a dangerous route.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
1. Hont has the watch
2. Hont has the insert
3. Hont has my money

Yes, that is quite clear, but you should provide all the info possible to admins in order to have full control on the issue.
And edit the silly title pls, whatever happened its not gonna help you at all.

neotec8

26/6/10
For the record:

Watch order date 6/30/2010
Sent first email asking to return 7/10/2010
Watch Return ship date 7/25/2010

A little over 2 months not 3 as earlier stated. still way too long

I had a bad experience with this dealer. I'm just doing my job to tell others my honest opinion.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Ironically, time is the hardest part of this hobby. 2 or 3 months is quite common - even without the return. This industry is not Amazon.com.
Get detailed info to the mods and let them work, which will also take time - not just a few days or even a week. This will get worked out and Hont will make it right.

watcher13

Known Member
7/6/08
We feel your pain brother. I'm sad to say that buying REP's, even from a trusted dealer is sometimes an exercize in (extreme) patience. Most of the time you get a good watch with no issues. Sometimes you have problems. When you do, things usually go ok, but sometimes it take extroidinary patience. For example, I bought a watch from one of our dealers in April. I STILL don't have a watch yet...long story! ...2 times a DOA, ETC... anyway, I'm not "calling in the Mafia" yet, as R2D4 asked me, you have to let the process unfold. And Yes, IT's frustrating and GLACIAL! Good luck, just let the Folks here try to help before you burn those guys, Cheers.

neotec8

26/6/10
I see others doing business with him but it has been a month since I sent it back with no response.

JC7

15/6/10
I see others doing business with him but it has been a month since I sent it back with no response.

I'm feeling you on that... that's got to be frustrating. No one was giving you crap because of your situation Neo.. but the title of this thread and your approach was bad. Change it if you can. Then PM Trailboss99 and R2D4 directly.. at this point I hope it's not a problem for you to just get your money back, which seems fair to me. Good luck man.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

Yeah, since he is the RWI Dealer of the Year, 2009, maybe a few members are doing business with him.

You have to appreciate that when you are all inflammatory about a dealer like Hont, you will get some push-back from the members.

You are not happy with the result thus far. Bummer. But at this point it is too soon to be disrespecting Hont. A month is not exactly an eon in this game. Sorry.

neotec8

26/6/10
I call em like I see em. Too bad for those who don't like it.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
First up, the title of thread has been changed to better reflect the situation here, you have not been robbed or scammed.

Our last communication from you was 8 days ago, I assume Alvin has been working on this since but things take time mate. We were also not aware that the watch had been returned.

You say in your last PM to us that you emailed him to say you are returning the watch, did you wait for a reply? Surely you didn't just send it back without waiting for instructions?

Can we please see a pic of this pearl? Just how bad was it? It's a rep you are buying as has been pointed out.

How are you out 300 dollars, the watch was 250 shipped.

No, not "too bad" at all, you are being grossly unfair to Hont at this stage (or it appears so until I get some answers) and I won't allow that here. Hont has never scammed or robbed anyone. I suggest you calm down, I can almost hear the scratching of pen on paper as dealers add you to their no sale lists.

Col.

JC7

15/6/10
Here is the pearl from his original thread.. http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/perfect-ceramic-sub-well-almost-56053

IMG_3806.jpg

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Been easier to pop it out and elongate the hole simple fix would have avoided all the insuring aggravation