• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issue with HONT. [RESOLVED ON 10.13.10]

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
Sorry to hear that man.. I pray you've given everyone the opportunity to make things right before this thread otherwise this is not going to be pretty for anyone.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Hont?? Really???

What the hell is going on??

hpy540

Renowned Member
17/10/08
He has been pretty good for me. we had a misunderstanding and then i got worked out.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
This doesn't sound at all like Hont.
The PayPal address wasn't MauGomez was it??

Waiting to hear from the Mods you've contacted to hear the rest of the story.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Whoa there. There are some moderators working with Hont, yes. Be patient. I was not aware of your issue but I will do some digging and see if we can get to the bottom of it.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
I had very good experiences with Hont. I suggest no RWI members take this thread too seriously. There is probably more to the story, like Hont having difficulty finding the watch requested.

neotec8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/10
I emailed him and told him what I was looking for (ceramic Sub) and we agreed to a price I then asked him for close-up pictures of the pearl as this is a common issue and was not something I wanted, I was very clear about that. He emailed me and said "not worry I send best one". so I trusted him. when I got it SUPRISE crooked pearl. I politely emaild him and asked for a replacement. Instead 2 weeks later I got a replacement insert that was light gray, had crooked numbers and had a green lume( should be blue) after a week of back and forth I said I wanted to return it. this was a month ago. 12 emails to Hont and then I asked for help from the Mod's and sent one last email to Hont before I posted this. I have been more than patient and tried to give everyone an opportunity to resolve this. their are no winners only looser's

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
well you said you had nothing but a bill.

but it seems like you have a watch, and another bezel too.

and lesson be learned, if you want a sub and you're picky, order it from BK.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I understand your frustration. That sounds like a bad experience. But did you give the relevant mods enough time to work on this, and did you tell them you were running out of patience and were about to make this post?

paydirt13

Horology Curious
2/9/09
I'm sorry, but you were not "scammed". A scam is where you paid money to someone and they took off with said money without delivering the item purchased. You also were not "robbed". You not only received the watch, but you got a free insert as well. Now I understand you are not pleased with the transaction as it stands now, but in truth you are being overly dramatic. Why not rename the thread, "Received watch from Hont and it had a crooked pearl". Sort of loses it's effect doesn't it. It sounds like Hont is trying to make it right, and a little bit of patience and understanding of what it is you are actually purchasing can go a long way.

Good Luck on getting this resolved.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I emailed him and told him what I was looking for (ceramic Sub) and we agreed to a price I then asked him for close-up pictures of the pearl as this is a common issue and was not something I wanted, I was very clear about that. He emailed me and said "not worry I send best one". so I trusted him. when I got it SUPRISE crooked pearl. I politely emaild him and asked for a replacement. Instead 2 weeks later I got a replacement insert that was light gray, had crooked numbers and had a green lume( should be blue) after a week of back and forth I said I wanted to return it. this was a month ago. 12 emails to Hont and then I asked for help from the Mod's and sent one last email to Hont before I posted this. I have been more than patient and tried to give everyone an opportunity to resolve this. their are no winners only looser's

You've really pissed me off.

Your title is misleading and inflammatory, not to mention slanderous. If you have a problem, the right way is to ask for help- which you have, but certainly NOT to start a thread that maligns a trusted dealer the way you have. The issue may not have been resolved to your satisfaction, but your accusation is way out of bounds.

As far as recommending any other dealer to you- I wouldn't do that to any of them.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
hont is a nice guy , i just buy from him , he is not perfect but better than others , i undertand as a watch lover u want ur pearl to be perfectly center , but he is not a scammer it is just a little problem that can no be called as scamm

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm sorry, but you were not "scammed". A scam is where you paid money to someone and they took off with said money without delivering the item purchased. You also were not "robbed". You not only received the watch, but you got a free insert as well. Now I understand you are not pleased with the transaction as it stands now, but in truth you are being overly dramatic. Why not rename the thread, "Received watch from Hont and it had a crooked pearl". Sort of loses it's effect doesn't it. It sounds like Hont is trying to make it right and with a little bit of patience and understanding of what it is you are actually purchasing can go a long way.

Good Luck on getting this resolved.
+1

12 posts in 1 year: You don't say much, Paydirt, but you make it count when you do.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I am sorry to hear this but just remember you did not buy a gen, you bought a rep

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Neotec: I'll give you 75 bucks for that piece of crap Sub. I don't really want it - I'm just a generous guy who hates to see someone so obviously scammed. C'mon, man - cut your losses and chalk it up to experience! PM me for shipping address.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
First, you should be still working with the mods and admin until that avenue is totally exhausted. Hont has been here for a while now and hasn't burned us yet. You may the first, but I somehow doubt it.

Second, if it was a 21j then you get what you pay for (they're all crap) - I know because that is what I buy. I have never been to a rep factory, but I am convinced someone at the end of the line is classifying these before they stick in the crystal and movement. I think they "not so good" ones get the mineral crystals and 21j movements (just MHO).

So, keep working with the admin until they tell you they cannot do any more - then make your posts. Until you know you have been burned (which you haven't yet) just chill (or shop at the mall).