• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IPF 15450

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
So the QC arrived today. When I ordered I had no clue what the dial would look like as there where no pics avail.

For me, I can't accept the fact that the dial is far to bright compared to gen. You can se the Jtime has turned down the lighning a bit in the studio but still look bright.

The printing on the dial seem weak/dull while gen is crisp white. My current model has its flaws like date window and date font but it has a pretty good dial color which for me is most important.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
So the QC arrived today. When I ordered I had no clue what the dial would look like as there where no pics avail.

For me, I can't accept the fact that the dial is far to bright compared to gen. You can se the Jtime has turned down the lighning a bit in the studio but still look bright.

The printing on the dial seem weak/dull while gen is crisp white. My current model has its flaws like date window and date font but it has a pretty good dial color which for me is most important.

The position of the IPF bezel screws looks a bit different. Do you think it's more gen like?

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
Sorry but that blue is ugly……your is much more better…… if photos reflect real ……
Don t care what is more gen like…..

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
The position of the IPF bezel screws looks a bit different. Do you think it's more gen like?
Honesty dont know or care about the screws. They are so small but the blue color will for sure be visible for anyone who looks at the watch

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Honesty dont know or care about the screws. They are so small but the blue color will for sure be visible for anyone who looks at the watch
I hope DP will make good custom dials for 15450, too. Is yours from the JF's old batch?

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway

I think the watch itself looks great but the dial is very sub-par. The tapisserie is wrong, the color is wrong and the printing is washed out, too thin and grey looking. Perhaps they played with the light to make the dial a few shades darker and washed out the print at the same time, who knows. An aftermarket dial would do wonders for it.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I hope DP will make good custom dials for 15450, too. Is yours from the JF's old batch?
I had the old JF 15450 actually and it was pretty good even if the printing was a bit weak. I preferred this one I posted even if some prob. would choose the JF

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
There's a difference between the cases as well. Look at the space between the edge of the bezel and the downward slope of the case. Neither of the two appears to be correct on this point when compared to the gen.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I love the maturation process of a new release.

- Finally, an amazing perfect replica
- Everyone getting in line to grab one
- There is this one thing
- Does this look right to you
- I hear there is an issue with
- I don't like how this looks
- QC looks nothing like the pre-release photos
- If you take 1/3 from this, 1/3 from that, 1/3 from the other.. and $1500 , you got the perfect one!
- So disappointed after it arrived
- We all feel like we are now owed money

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS

- If you take 1/3 from this, 1/3 from that, 1/3 from the other.. and $1500 , you got the perfect one!
Same exact thing with the 240 engraved plates, guilty as charged.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I get lost on so much of the detail like the stuff expressed in this thread. I just rely on AMF and ask for the Combo #10 , Extra Large, best available, then wear it with pride. lol. I'll get asked.. "so tell me about this one"? I can only reply " I know it's pretty!?!?" lol

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
There's a difference between the cases as well. Look at the space between the edge of the bezel and the downward slope of the case. Neither of the two appears to be correct on this point when compared to the gen.
after looking at gen pics for reference IPF seems to be closer to gen in this point though…

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
To make a counter argument, nitpicking is what these "new release" threads are for so people can make an informed decision on which flaws you are OK with. Or you can bank that knowledge and when someone asks if X is a good rep you can say, yes it's a good rep, these are the stand out parts and these are the issues. Personally I'd wear the hell out of this. I'm even wearing a quartz 15202 as it looks good and the dial gives me the fizz. Tons of issues with it but I'm OK with those.

Reactions: mcboom and THXuk

rek00001

24/4/13
My 6.5" wrist and I have been waiting for a decent 15450 for years. I hope this release is true.

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
My 6.5" wrist and I have been waiting for a decent 15450 for years. I hope this release is true.
there’s no doubt about it being true…
question is can you live with the flaws discussed on here ;)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

I feel personally attacked.

Because it's more like:

- Pre-release photos are pics of the gen
- Factory studio lighting looks okay enough I guess
- Why is the date off?
- QC looks like ass
- Video review: Oh no why did I even think I was going to buy this?
- Someone makes an aftermarket part
- Maybe I'll buy it