• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Honest Review (Dark Side of the Moon)

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
That seems light a really good rep! is the right dial a dual time function and would you happen to know if it works?

So this is called Speedmaster 57 right? if you can link some reviews about it then it would be great.

Thank you so much for your help!

No the dual time on the right does not work although I think there is a new version in the works where it will ... I read that somewhere. One is speedmaster 57 and the other is the 'new' moonwatch both with co-axial movement hence two sub dials instead of three, go to the omega site and you can read all about these speedmasters.

You can search the forum for reviews the same as I would have to do .... and have ... search, read and learn then make an informed decision .. in general the chrono on all the reps are best not to play with too much in the long run ..

edward0909

Known Member
18/10/16
No the dual time on the right does not work although I think there is a new version in the works where it will ... I read that somewhere. One is speedmaster 57 and the other is the 'new' moonwatch both with co-axial movement hence two sub dials instead of three, go to the omega site and you can read all about these speedmasters.

You can search the forum for reviews the same as I would have to do .... and have ... search, read and learn then make an informed decision .. in general the chrono on all the reps are best not to play with too much in the long run ..

true. I don't think I had any Rep. that have a good Chrono.
recently order two Tudor. we will see how that turns out.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
That seems light a really good rep! is the right dial a dual time function and would you happen to know if it works?

So this is called Speedmaster 57 right? if you can link some reviews about it then it would be great.

Thank you so much for your help!

Videos of the two watches ... FYI you also gett quartz speedys where sub dial is correct but then they are quartz, too expensive to rep the movement with the speedy to get the sub dials right

Dark side of the Moon which I think the OP in his review suggests the bezel is not legible however it is suppose to be that way ..gen

SP_Moonwatch_DSotM_31192445101003_vueC_1600x900.jpg

http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/om...ck-nylon-strap-a9300-black-balance-wheel.html

http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/om...-leather-strap-a9301-black-balance-wheel.html

edward0909

Known Member
18/10/16
WhatsApp Image 2017-02-17 at 11.13.35 PM.jpeg
This was 2nd Hand (Maybe 3rd Hand...)
very good condition. got it for $1,100 CAD
that should be around $750 USD based on current exchange rate.
that's why I think. if the Chrono function and arm can't work properly.
might well not get it.
you can always find good condition Gen. if you dig into it.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16

The movements are the same in all the chronos ...7750 or 'lemania' regardless of the brand being repped ... Tudor or any other repped brand

edward0909

Known Member
18/10/16
that's what I was worry about.
but the black shield look really nice... ha ha ha ha.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
View attachment 2710
This was 2nd Hand (Maybe 3rd Hand...)
very good condition. got it for $1,100 CAD
that should be around $750 USD based on current exchange rate.
that's why I think. if the Chrono function and arm can't work properly.
might well not get it.
you can always find good condition Gen. if you dig into it.

That is again a different model of a speedmaster ... 'racing' .. different bezel.. dials etc ...

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
I have a pp 5070 chrono with a lemania heart that is good so far.

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16

Thanks for the info!

I can't seem to find much about the speedmaster 57, I'll keep digging.

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16
Videos of the two watches ... FYI you also gett quartz speedys where sub dial is correct but then they are quartz, too expensive to rep the movement with the speedy to get the sub dials right

Dark side of the Moon which I think the OP in his review suggests the bezel is not legible however it is suppose to be that way ..gen

http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/om...ck-nylon-strap-a9300-black-balance-wheel.html

http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/om...-leather-strap-a9301-black-balance-wheel.html
wow this watch actaully looks awesome. I'll take a look, thanks!

yojj

I'm Pretty Popular
30/11/16

Sorry to bother you again, the link you gave were for automatics though, any chance you got he quartz version?

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
that's what I was worry about.
but the black shield look really nice... ha ha ha ha.

It does look nice but then posting a review complaining about the movement issues that are well documented is confusing ... like buying a quartz and then complaining that it ticks instead of sweeps

edward0909

Known Member
18/10/16
That is again a different model of a speedmaster ... 'racing' .. different bezel.. dials etc ...
I think the moment a real good version comes out. you will be the first one to find out!
ha ha ha ha. make sure you let's us know Man!
I will jump in for it than do a review.
Good to have someone more expert to talk to!

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
I think the moment a real good version comes out. you will be the first one to find out!
ha ha ha ha. make sure you let's us know Man!
I will jump in for it than do a review.
Good to have someone more expert to talk to!
Thanks but I am no expert compared to the real expertise in this forum .. I just read as much as I can from the experts here ...you can read about the movements here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/movements.61/ and the issues reliability etc

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
this is interesting. it's actually slightly different than all the other ones.
but same issue on the right sub-dial.
thanks for sharing.

Not really an issue if you want this watch ... and dont play with the chrono then nothing is moving wrong

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16