• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new noob and v6f hybrid 127 is out?

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
Not as good as the previous versions:
Lume not as good
Low beat movement
Bad distortion on crystal

I'm talking about the ones on toro's website. He claims to have only 10 watches. they are with the high beat Asian 6497 movement and the super lime. not sure about crystal

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
I'm talking about the ones on toro's website. He claims to have only 10 watches. they are with the high beat Asian 6497 movement and the super lime. not sure about crystal
I am talking about that,
I know he says its a high beat but if you know how to differentiate a high and low beat 6497 you will know its a low beat (balance wheel and gears).
Crystal has more distortion that previous versions (each batch seems to get worse).
I emailed Toro and he said himself the lume was not as good as previous versions.

This is the same watch in the pics posted up at the start of this thread.

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
I am talking about that,
I know he says its a high beat but if you know how to differentiate a high and low beat 6497 you will know its a low beat (balance wheel and gears).
Crystal has more distortion that previous versions (each batch seems to get worse).
I emailed Toro and he said himself the lume was not as good as previous versions.

This is the same watch in the pics posted up at the start of this thread.

ok. thanks for the clarification. I may cancel then.

nous

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/12/14
Low beat has usually wider gear teeth.... you can see it clearly from Toro's pics.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
price seems to have gone up from when it was first listed as well. It was $388 initially and now its at $408.

Dochere2

11/9/14
SC
ok. thanks for the clarification. I may cancel then.

Hey ddcha, honestly, there isn't much of a difference and I wouldn't let it be the deciding factor if you like the watch. There are several other issues here that, visually, a larger balance wheel isn't going to be the first tell, if at all. From the front, only about half the people I have shown a 18k vs a 21.6k movement to were able to tell the every so slight difference (and some of those probably got lucky). That and upgrading the movement is also a possibility, if you really need the 21.6k bph.

Resistor

9/11/14
Sweet! The 127 is the only Panerai I like/want. Good to know I can pick one up that isn't $500.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
Hey ddcha, honestly, there isn't much of a difference and I wouldn't let it be the deciding factor if you like the watch. There are several other issues here that, visually, a larger balance wheel isn't going to be the first tell, if at all. From the front, only about half the people I have shown a 18k vs a 21.6k movement to were able to tell the every so slight difference (and some of those probably got lucky). That and upgrading the movement is also a possibility, if you really need the 21.6k bph.

I agree, the low beat moment is not so much a dealbreaker as it is decorated well. although it really depends on how badly you want a 127 and what compromises you are willing to take for getting one from a TD or waiting to get one from M2M.
As the OP said, his TD recommended to stay away from this one. Even Toro says the lume isn't as good as previous version, I think you can also see in the pic its not particularly good. and the bad distortion in the crystal is a massive dealbreaker for some people, although you can get a WSO crystal btu thats another $150 just for the crystal.

Sweet! The 127 is the only Panerai I like/want. Good to know I can pick one up that isn't $500.
Toro says only 10 available so act fast!

Teris

31/12/14
FWIW, Toro has been telling people there's only ten left for a while now...

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14

Low beat and sapphire distortion are deal breakers for me. Misrepresentation by toro also. I will wait for the kw and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
Looks like there was limited supply, watch is no longer listed in Toro's site now.

Sanvitus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/15
This model is available on Toro's site at the moment (http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=127&product_id=1392) but the lume seems too much "greeny" on daily pics.
As there is still no release date for the 127 ZF version, I will probably buy one of these from Toro (I know I am weak...:whistling:), but do you think it will be possible to make a good relume (more white to be close to gen) of it ?
And who is the best to do that in EU (Domi ?)
Thanks

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Meh, 127. So what. If you want white superliume, send it to me.