• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

History and Evolution of RWI

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Please don't mention that time when I posted my first pictures of my sex change, I kindda still hope noone diggs up that old thread.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Or dig up the George and Sylar Lamborghini conspiracy. :rofl:
Joke, joke, joke

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
well i was active in the forum back in 08/09 but disappeared for awhile. then recently back here just a few months ago. damn! so much has changed!!

back then id still remember people worshipping fakemaster for his rolex reps(mind you this was a time where noob factory never existed!) and spirit for his amazing photography skills, dropshipping occured and there was no such thing as QC pics

at that time people paid premium for pam reps, particularly little hero ones, which go about 800-1200 dollars. and the crystals was so blue you'd get a sore eye looking at it. reps made famous at that time were IWC slevin and ingy as well as UPO and grahams, and your typical rolexes. ETA was thought to be ETA until the whole clone movement thing broke out.

the whole forum discussions were a bit different(at least to me) , its more about the watches, and modding in general, nowadays is about getting the most accurate out of the box whilst judging QC pics.safe to say although back then it was quite a mess since there werent any proper guides (like ALE's pam guide) , it was home and people came together and people were friendlier too

fast forward to now, whatever it is, im still happy that RWI existed. save me loads of cash not buying gens anymore!:deadcb:

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
well i was active in the forum back in 08/09 but disappeared for awhile. then recently back here just a few months ago. damn! so much has changed!!

back then id still remember people worshipping fakemaster for his rolex reps(mind you this was a time where noob factory never existed!) and spirit for his amazing photography skills, dropshipping occured and there was no such thing as QC pics

at that time people paid premium for pam reps, particularly little hero ones, which go about 800-1200 dollars. and the crystals was so blue you'd get a sore eye looking at it. reps made famous at that time were IWC slevin and ingy as well as UPO and grahams, and your typical rolexes. ETA was thought to be ETA until the whole clone movement thing broke out.

the whole forum discussions were a bit different(at least to me) , its more about the watches, and modding in general, nowadays is about getting the most accurate out of the box whilst judging QC pics.safe to say although back then it was quite a mess since there werent any proper guides (like ALE's pam guide) , it was home and people came together and people were friendlier too

fast forward to now, whatever it is, im still happy that RWI existed. save me loads of cash not buying gens anymore!:deadcb:

nice input!

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Thank you for this

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
If anyone has any input or history on how the idea of the TD came about or how the TDs fit into the forum history that would be great!

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
If anyone has any input or history on how the idea of the TD came about or how the TDs fit into the forum history that would be great!

as far as TD's there werent any around 5 years ago, but the main td at that time was perfect clones, trusty time and puretime. they were then recruited as TD until trusty was kicked out since trusty influenced other sellers to raise their prices. i know trusty is still a td at Repgeek, but no longer here. QC came afterwards since people were complaining they got the wrong watch, wrong straps etc. and boy do i have to tell you that the quality of rep straps back then was the shit!!literally!

Luthier

Respected Member
30/9/09
I advised Mary to take a few pictures of the watch before shipping it to customer, and it was almost 4 years ago. She did, and in a few months everyone started to call it "QC pics" and demand it from dealers. I deeply regret my advice.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I advised Mary to take a few pictures of the watch before shipping it to customer, and it was almost 4 years ago. She did, and in a few months everyone started to call it "QC pics" and demand it from dealers. I deeply regret my advice.
Ahh so it was your fault:spank:

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
What you wanna be the first banned RWI historian?? LOL

Hahah don't worry, I'll have everything approved by the boss before posting. its all part of history, nothing special just how TDs ended up on forums. But all the info will be reviewed first hopefully.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13

This is funny. I'm still very new and I've received 5 watches with QC pics and 1 without. 3 of the watches I got QC pics for actually had small issues that were actually on the pics and I missed but were either easily corrected or ignored. 1 was a bunch of dust on the bezel that the dealer had to wipe off and take new pics and resend (wasted 1 day). How was the 1 with no pics? The best watch of the lot. Smh

Luthier

Respected Member
30/9/09
One of my friends been there once, and said - Like I didn't leave RWI... Same faces...
:rofl:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Doll Forum has a member Dave7311....hmmm could it be ??