• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

History and Evolution of RWI

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
D4M saved this forum more than once, and he deserves the credit for the boards success

^^^^ This ^^^^

mitchbaria

Respected Member
15/10/12
Meah, skeletons are still history mate and history deserves to be told completely if it's going to be told at all. No use having a sanitised history, you need to accept the good with the bad.

What a most excellent point of view.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
First guy, D4M, now trailboss99.

Only 2 active admins. Trailboss and Q5?. There are more red guys but not active anymore out "here". Pssst, admins have thier our sub forum. ;)

I'm sure I'll think of more.....

Daytona4Me yep good dude,,,,,,my tenor is early 2007 but sub4me has a year on me early 2006. Guys like Allergy Doc, sub4me, ZoSo....were my hero's early on...I was not a big poster at the time and as no chatbox here until I resurfaced in winter 2010.. after a 2 year haitus. When RG spawned off many of us joined and gave it a go. They had the first chat room I remember in rep'dom. It imploded very much the same and you read about RWI and RWG...the main man losing his mind and POOF, gone. Then a change of ownership for the better. The late TRC days ...the RWGs and RWI were just so incredibley cool, still are. I really hadn't added anything up to this point because I tend to get the facts wrong when recalling specific events. I agree that much of the history is deep in the archives...doing a General Chat archive blast to Page 1, early 2006 will help you understand why we say shit and poke at the noob questions because I shit you not, it has not changed one millibite since RWI's inception. Same shit, same questions, same everything, everyday 365 a year. You read in 2013 as it was in 2006. Uttlerly amazing, big time.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
One of D4M's greatest achievements, IMO, was exposing the extensive selling of clone ETA's as genuine by the TD's. Particularly, in the then current favorite model, the UPO.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
txrob, thanks for your post and respect.:sub4me:

forits, while I do understand what your trying to do here its really gonna be along road for you. I don't mean that as a insult and I'm not looking to stir the pot so I'm not gonna go to deep into this but alot of shit has happened since the early days. Alot of lies, backstabbing, grabs for power, and other things that most members will never know. So depending on who you ask the stories will be diffrent.

I can see this turning into a very bad discussion and alot of members disagreeing on who they think is right and wrong.

Theres also gonna be questions that will never be answered for everyone to see.

mitchbaria

Respected Member
15/10/12
I'm still new here Sub, but you was very quick to grab my attention as someone who while very outspoken and controversial seems to have a good grasp on what battles to fight and when to keep quiet.... probably a badge that wasn't easily achieved.... therefore I'm going to take your lead and not follow this into or out of repdom....thanks my friend....

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I'm still new here Sub, but you was very quick to grab my attention as someone who while very outspoken and controversial seems to have a good grasp on what battles to fight and when to keep quiet.... probably a badge that wasn't easily achieved.... therefore I'm going to take your lead and not follow this into or out of repdom....thanks my friend....

mitch, thanks brother. Believe me my problem is I don't know when to shut the f-ck up, LOL, I'm just some jackoff on the forum with a big mouth thats all really and as far as the history thing goes I said my bit so I'm pretty sure I'll just stay outta the shit storm. You may be new here but your no noob (by defination), I like you and hope you stay around.:sub4me:

All of us and I mean every single member is here at the owners descretion and I would suggest to those that want to go digging and asking to many questions not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I really miss a few names i just saw... Their contribution was pretty big. I do remember seeing them a lot when i first came here.

I was lucky enough to become an active member after boss took control of the forum and i have seen only the days of glory!

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
<<< rep'dom.....I say that alot. I wonder what the History Of The Use Of The Word Rep'dom came from :p

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
It's very interesting reading through all the old post and it just creates many more questions... then in reading you find many interesting personalities that are banned or just disappear... history is a very tricky thing and I'm guessing while this thread is very interesting some skeletons are best left in the closet.... but interesting no less.....

Being really new I find it all interesting. What stood out to me was people with only a couple of posts weighing in on the whole return of the founder.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I remember that post but was still kinda new on the forum, only post that sticks out for me was this

I have nae idea whit your aw goin on aboot, but this is when I get fed up wae RWI when ther is a drama and the usual haters start to sharpen there knives!! am a way to start a fight on a formula 1 forum ceeya.

Not seen Konigwolf around for a while

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I used to be pretty tight with Klink. He was banned solely because some people found his persona annoying as far as I remember. Edit: this is my opinion only.

I know he was quite ill a couple of years ago when he stopped coming around the forums. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that he may have passed on. Trailboss might know more about that.

EDIT: Since others have already disagreed, let me add that he was also banned at RWG at the time or shortly after. That was the forum I was active on at the time and was in fact a moderator over there. He annoyed a lot of people including the Admin and mods over there. I don't recall him ever doing anything dishonest or unethical. To be honest, I really don't remember what the actual reason was, but I do remember I was against it.

And this is my opinion only, right or wrong. Hope that he is alive and well.

My last contact with Klink was probably a little over a year ago but another member here has contacted him through e-mail very recently so he is still kicking but has no interest in rep forums anymore...I know one issue was with the China Mike incident that Klink was very adamant about him being a dealer and then Replicat, when Klink decided to rep a rep forum. :rofl: A few of us were a part of that. Virtually all the sales area's from various forum were copied and pasted to create Replicat. Wild stuff....

Now enter John G., official rep forum saboteur who with his insidious skills ghostposted on Replicat, first he was Klink, then he was cybee, in fact he became everyone and wreaked havoc LoL...wild stuff. That was the last straw..Oh wait I forgot when I was banned at RWG, but it wasnt me, it was Klink posting as me cause he had my password :D:

Wild weird stuff. The open forums only know half of what goes on. I love this stuff.

I've already said way too much which we can all laugh at now, but from this moment on I am now a marked man. :cheer:

I will say this, TB and Greg (D4Me) are the best ever at running a forum, along with all Mods and Admin here.

Long live :cheers:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I will say this, TB and Greg (D4Me) are the best ever at running a forum, along with all Mods and Admin here.

I am pretty sure everyone agrees with that! I really miss Greg...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Now enter John G., official rep forum saboteur who with his insidious skills ghostposted on Replicat, first he was Klink, then he was cybee, in fact he became everyone and wreaked havoc LoL...wild stuff. That was the last straw..Oh wait I forgot when I was banned at RWG, but it wasnt me, it was Klink posting as me cause he had my password :D:
Boy, I'd forgotten all about Replicat and JohnG being his regular asshole self. He destroyed Klink's attempt at a forum singlehandedly. And he got to stay and Klink got banned. Ironic.

Anyhoo (as Demsey used to say), I'm glad to hear he's still alive and kicking. Last convo I had with him he was doing a road trip out West, seeing a bit of the Country.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Boy, I'd forgotten all about Replicat and JohnG being his regular asshole self. He destroyed Klink's attempt at a forum singlehandedly. And he got to stay and Klink got banned. Ironic.

Anyhoo (as Demsey used to say), I'm glad to hear he's still alive and kicking. Last convo I had with him he was doing a road trip out West, seeing a bit of the Country.

Yep I'm glad he is doing well also. As I recall though Klink was banned before the Replicat incident. It was a short-lived retribution for what had happened. I will say this, Klink knew quite a bit about the rep industry and I think he was even a dealer for a very short while.

Is John G still around on the other forum, that guy was a wild man LoL.