• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

History and Evolution of RWI

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Is John G still around on the other forum, that guy was a wild man LoL.

I don't really know but I heard through the grape vine that he doesn't post much anymore.

With him and Luthier both gone, the Noobs are probably running wild. I pop my head in every now and then when I'm trying to look up something and am amazed that I hardly recognize any of the members names other than the mods.

mitchbaria

Respected Member
15/10/12
fp I bet the mods and admin have been working overtime this weekend with all of these controversial topics floating around... lol so far all is good though jeez,,, I've been holding my breath.....

brtelec

Respected Member
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
There was a lot more to the Klink/Replicat story that never made it to the forum. The problem was not the forum he tried to start but the way he was back channel recruiting members and moderators. I for one always got along well with Klink he was a good guy and he had a very dry sense of humor. He just let his temper get the best of him.

No one has mentioned when RWI crashed and we started another forum which lasted until RWI was up and running again. I truly missed that site.

No mention yet of the RG debacle that resulted in the lifetime bans on senior members of RWI over there with no provocation. That was fun. That was during the cartel trouble involving price fixing.

No conversation would be complete without a passing mention of one of the more memorable members from the early days. Who remembers Jetmid? I know Sub remembers this piece of work.

Luthier

Respected Member
30/9/09
Jetmid alive and kicking. Met him recently in Dubai airport, he landed his private jet, and came out in white suit and Patek on the wrist...
He said he'll try to open used cars dealership there...
:rofl:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
No conversation would be complete without a passing mention of one of the more memorable members from the early days. Who remembers Jetmid? I know Sub remembers this piece of work.

LMAO, of course I remember him.:hehehe:

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
fp I bet the mods and admin have been working overtime this weekend with all of these controversial topics floating around... lol so far all is good though jeez,,, I've been holding my breath.....

Nothing like a good history to bring everyone together loool

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Do you remember the name of the site that went up when rwi crashed and the year bud?

There was a lot more to the Klink/Replicat story that never made it to the forum. The problem was not the forum he tried to start but the way he was back channel recruiting members and moderators. I for one always got along well with Klink he was a good guy and he had a very dry sense of humor. He just let his temper get the best of him.

No one has mentioned when RWI crashed and we started another forum which lasted until RWI was up and running again. I truly missed that site.

No mention yet of the RG debacle that resulted in the lifetime bans on senior members of RWI over there with no provocation. That was fun. That was during the cartel trouble involving price fixing.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Do you remember the name of the site that went up when rwi crashed and the year bud?

I think it was around 2008 ish. I think RWC? something like that. It was a nice quiet place with mostly gentlemen LoL. Then RWI got fortified after the attacks, now we are all safer from the enemy.

Telec correct me if I'm wrong.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Was presented as a sister site from what I remember.

brtelec

Respected Member
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
It was RWC. It was late 2007 to early 2008. It was gone by March 2008 if I am not mistaken. The Admin staff here very quickly fixed the problems on RWI and made RWC redundant.

brtelec

Respected Member
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
If you are also looking for milestones and records, I am almost positive the Sub has the most time outs and warnings and threats of being banned of any member in the history of this forum. I have never seen anyone as talented at dodging the bullet than he.

Now in his defense, I must admit that baiting him and egging him on was one of my favorite sports!

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Smidsy, the great and powerfull all knowing master Breitling watchmaker and B&R expert. Great buissness man too as he was also the founder of the largest gadget repair operation in all of the UK. He was also a very generous ordained minister who suddenly got very "ill", and ran off to Repgeek.

Turns out, in the end, to be a 19 year old kid living in his parents basement who got the flu.......:picard2:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/smidsy-wont-return-89789p3?highlight=Smidsy

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Smidsy, the great and powerfull all knowing master Breitling watchmaker and B&R expert. Great buissness man too as he was also the founder of the largest gadget repair operation in all of the UK. He was also a very generous ordained minister who suddenly got very "ill", and ran off to Repgeek.

Turns out, in the end, to be a 19 year old kid living in his parents basement who got the flu.......:picard2:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/smidsy-wont-return-89789p3?highlight=Smidsy

That's awesome lol

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
If you are also looking for milestones and records, I am almost positive the Sub has the most time outs and warnings and threats of being banned of any member in the history of this forum. I have never seen anyone as talented at dodging the bullet than he.

Now in his defense, I must admit that baiting him and egging him on was one of my favorite sports!

Don't anyone believe a word of this, its all lies. I mean who you gonna believe me or your lying eyes??

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Turns out, in the end, to be a 19 year old kid living in his parents basement

I never fell for his bogus Eta teardown thread. A lot of posers drift in and out of these doors, best be on guard cause you never know who lurks about from transvestites to former lawn bowlers.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I thought we agreed not to talk about my lawn bowling days!

Yes sorry I forgot and we wont talk about my trannie period either. Actually truth be known it was replica watches that drew me away from the tranvestite lifestyle. :rotors:

Thanks guys :thumbsup: