• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hay guys, do you curse and swear so easily in real?

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Is it because this is a rep forum, and would never meet real ppl so speak at will?

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
If I understand the question I would say that in US it is very common for friends to use profanities with each other almost non stop at times. In more formal dealings or business it is not that common though.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
If I understand the question I would say that in US it is very common for friends to use profanities with each other almost non stop at times. In more formal dealings or business it is not that common though.
sorry Rush2112 for my bad english, wouldn't they ended up fighting??

i just felt awkward...:D:

thanks for the clarification Rush2112

gran

Known Member
16/5/06
Certainly I will never behave or speak this way outside this forum. My mother would slap me.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
If I starting cursing at someone I didn't know I would say there is going to be a fight. In US we have strange tradition called "ball busting" where good friends sometimes curse and "talk shit". Now that I find myself trying to explain it it does sound stupid.

galveston

Known Member
31/3/11
If I starting cursing at someone I didn't know I would say there is going to be a fight. In US we have strange tradition called "ball busting" where good friends sometimes curse and "talk shit". Now that I find myself trying to explain it it does sound stupid.

Ballbusting sounds like it is painful.

:raji:

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Certainly I will never behave or speak this way outside this forum. My mother would slap me.
same here man, even i just swear at my dog i would have gotten a slap from my mum...

ok i guess it's the culture, in asia we don't...but i think it's fun to do that sometimes Lol

Thanks again Rush2112, today i just leanrt something new "ball Busting" :cheer:

hay nice pic with the gold AP chrono!

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Ballbusting sounds like it is painful.

:raji:

Only if you don't know they are busting your balls.

I had a party and a drunk friend of mine was busting my boss's balls, a very proper banker type. He thought my friend wanted to start a fight with him.
After some apologies we were all able to laugh about it. Still wish he had kept it in his pants.

carlton

2/10/11
I rarely f**king curse and swear everytime i f**king speak and or bloody f**king write.

I'm a f**king nice and f**king mild mannered person...........:hehehe:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
They do it because they are rude and ignorant and are apparently incapable of making a point any other way. A man who is capable of getting his point across does not need to swear all the time.

Oh, and also because:

ethug.jpg

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
They do it because they are rude and ignorant and are apparently incapable of making a point any other way. A man who is capable of getting his point across does not need to swear all the time.

Oh, and also because:

ethug.jpg
oh yesh! AGREED plus LIKE!!

:cheers:

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
ok i guess it's the culture, in asia we don't...but i think it's fun to do that sometimes Lol

I thought our sg KNN CCB are so common? Especially in the army! :lol:

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
I know where you kids get that ******* language, it's from your shithead little friends.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
I don't normally cuss in real life. I'm a bit disappointed or turn off by the fact that Hollywood movies make it a norm to cuss in every scenes. So much gratuitous cussing in movies nowaday. I'm good when it comes to the sex and violent but cussing is a turn off for me ;)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't curse at all in business/ professional life.

With my buddies we curse and say what we want. That's what guys do. Break balls, drink beer and dick around.

I have two small kids and do my best not to curse around them so they don't pick up on that. It's toughest when I'm watching my sports teams because I'm used to yelling at the tv.

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
I tend to swear a lot in real life, depending on the situation. I try my best to be polite online, in an attempt to "raise the bar" by example. Especially in a public forum, like this one, I think that it is very rude to assume that people want to read your potty language.
I would also point out, it is very easy to be rude and condescending by using means other than profanity. I think we should be aware of that as well.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
I thought our sg KNN CCB are so common? Especially in the army! :lol:

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610
ehhh in perfect honesty i don't , i think i know what that means Lol

I don't normally cuss in real life. I'm a bit disappointed or turn off by the fact that Hollywood movies make it a norm to cuss in every scenes. So much gratuitous cussing in movies nowaday. I'm good when it comes to the sex and violent but cussing is a turn off for me ;)
yes sir, i share the same sentiments too..:cheers:

With my buddies we curse and say what we want. That's what guys do. Break balls, drink beer and dick around.

I have two small kids and do my best not to curse around them so they don't pick up on that. It's toughest when I'm watching my sports teams because I'm used to yelling at the tv.
my respect Beemer, yeah especially with the little ones around...:cheers:

I tend to swear a lot in real life, depending on the situation. I try my best to be polite online, in an attempt to "raise the bar" by example. Especially in a public forum, like this one, I think that it is very rude to assume that people want to read your potty language.
I would also point out, it is very easy to be rude and condescending by using means other than profanity. I think we should be aware of that as well.
thank you Sir, i'm getting to understand better here now. Really appreciate all for replying this thread...

I hope i did not show any disrespect to anyone in the house for starting this thread..

:cheers:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Is it because this is a rep forum, and would never meet real ppl so speak at will?

Nope never speak that way, was raised in a family without that type of vocabulary. I prefer to find more descriptive words than the usual profanities. They are all too commonplace today among the reality show types. Ugh, strange sub-culture. I think some guys have the notion it makes them appear tough when all it really does is make them look stupid and unedumacated.

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA

Ditto to this. That was at least when I actually worked with the public. And having kids, I am well capable of turning it off. When I dont need to watch my mouth, I dont, even though I could... which I guess is bad, but so fuckin what :)

And yea, when it comes to watching sports, I do get colorful at times. But thats because Romo is an inconsistent piece of shit and when he does perform well, Dez sucks fuckin donkey balls.