• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose diamonds

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
This might be a stab in the dark but I'm looking to make a anniversary ring for my wife as its our 10 year this month, so I'm looking for 18-20 loose diamonds 0.05 each VVS-VS D-H colour good cut, does anyone on the forum have any connections or can point me in the right direction, main stream online merchants don't seem to stock this size!
Any help would be appreciated

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
Are you trying to make a band with that many small diamonds?

Where are you located?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Yes mate, looking to make a full eternity ring, would like a floating effect, or 2 prong setting, or even rub over, but what's most important to me is the quality of the diamonds, I know the diamonds are small but she had small hands and I bought her a really nice engagement ring, sourced the diamond myself. Back then I was on pricescope for months reading and reading.
In the uk, forgot to add

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Hmm, Ahh well it was worth a try, spotted a dealer on eBay in Germany with a great range of small stone diamonds, all ranging from D/IF down to VS clarity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mate I know of at least two people on here who could get stones for you but it's just not the kind of thing one shares on a rep watch forum. Three months ago I would have told you to go see Robert. Not sure eBay is a place to buy diamonds either TBH.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Mate I know of at least two people on here who could get stones for you but it's just not the kind of thing one shares on a rep watch forum. Three months ago I would have told you to go see Robert. Not sure eBay is a place to buy diamonds either TBH.

Yeh I know really dont want to buy from ebay, but very few online dealers sell small diamonds, would even consider buying 5x 0.10 loose diamonds and go for a half eternity, i've bought loose diamonds before online, but they where bigger and came with AGSL Cert's. I spoke to Robert many times about diamonds, so yes I wish he was still about, do miss him.
Hopefully someone in the KNow will chime in on here, the quality of the diamonds is very important to me..

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Been searching all nite and found this Uk dealer, just a pity the prices are more than I wanted to spend, check this mini rock out.
cf895445.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Kinda gave up on loose diamonds, so have be offered 1ct F VS 7 stone diamond half eternity 18ct yellow gold for £700 or 0.8 7 stone F VS 18ct for £600, anyone know if these are good prices?

meisenberg44

Known Member
30/1/12
I work with a jewelry exhange in the NYC downtown diamond district. If you are still looking for loose diamonds, I can easily get them. I just found this post.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I work with a jewelry exhange in the NYC downtown diamond district. If you are still looking for loose diamonds, I can easily get them. I just found this post.

Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm kinda out of time now to get loose diamonds and have a ring made.