• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Chrono 300 Review (Black Ver)

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
IMG_2931.jpg

OMEGA SEAMASTER 300 2008 CHRONOGRAPH REVIEW

Model: Stainless Steel Case, Black dial and bezel, stainless steel bracelet
Movement: Asian 7750 fully functional chronograph
Crystal: Sapphire Crystal
Case Diameter" 41.5mm

Just about everyone has the blue version of this watch, hugely popular due to it being the Bond color. I was about to pull the trigger on it myself, till the last minute I asked a few friends for opinions and they all liked the black more, so black it was. I wanted to put a review up of the more uncommon color so you guys can compare.

Straight off the bat, this is an excellent rep, in the super rep category. Not many tells on this watch. The main ones are that the chrono hands are slightly a little short, and the pearl not being centered in the triangle, which is a problem on every Omega rep.

There was an earlier version of this with the wrong Omega letereing, they were not connected together properly, and there was also a version with the "happy feet" Omega logo. Very please to say this dial is just about perfect, one of the best rep dials I have come across. Logos all correct, and a nice subtle wavy pattern.
IMG_2949.jpg

One of the tells with these models was the fact that the bracelet had screws instead of push pins like the Gen. My watch came with the correct push pin type bracelet. SO there is another improvement there. Bracelet isn't the smoothest I have had though, I have been spoiled with some great Breitling bracelets lately which makes this one slightly a bit under par. In terms of looks, its fine, just doesn't feel the best. A bracelet treatment is a must, and it will feel much better (helped mine quite a bit)
IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

Lets open her up. First thing we see is the anti magnetic cover, just like the gen. Nice
IMG_2742.jpg

Here is the caseback. Really good work here, beautiful job. If your a real paranoid of being called out, it has the omega anti counterfeit etching under the Omega logo. Seamonster looks pretty good also.
IMG_2747.jpg

Inside of the caseback has all the correct engravings too. I love little touches like this, that most likely no ones going to see, but you know its there and gives you that warm feeling inside.... or maybe its just me.
IMG_2744.jpg

And the movement, very nice A7750 inside with decorated parts. Omega branding on the rotor and plates have nice machined swirls too, my picture really doesn't do this justice I'm afraid.
IMG_2745.jpg

And some extra pictures.
IMG_2941.jpg

I know the blue face is associated with Mr Bond, but the the black is really smart in a suit. I think the blue is more sporty looking and the black more professional.
IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the review.
Thanks

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I love reviews, thanks for sharing this one... I felt under dressed just reading it. Guess I should go put some clothes on. :p

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I never knew the factories updated the chrome Omega logo. Looks great, nice review.

guami007

Renowned Member
27/2/11
Nice review. I got one from Trevor and can't seem to take it off. I think this watch is pretty versatile in that it can be dressed up or down.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
One other big tell on this model vs the gen is the lume color. It should be blue actually. But this is my favorite too. :) Also the gen has screw lock pushers.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
One other big tell on this model vs the gen is the lume color. It should be blue actually. But this is my favorite too. :) Also the gen has screw lock pushers.

+1 on the blue lume.

Most don't know this!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Excellent review, the blue lume is lovely on the gen, it's also very bright white during daytime when not charged, very distinctive from the standard blue/green lume smp but this is a very nice rep, wear it well.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
I saw a video review of the gen on youtube and it didnt have screwlock pushers! they look like they should be but arent.
It was done by the guy from brietling source, look it up. Never handled the gen myself, so it came as quite a suprise. Gen owners may confirm or deny.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I went and held the gen at the store. That model had them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Kal Vilmer

24/1/11
I guess that the lume issue could be fixed with a lume job, but what would drive me nuts are those short hands on the sub dials.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
My gen pushers screw down, guaranteed.

I also sold Paparas my old ones...

ad22c1be-ef6d-35f1.jpg

ad22c1be-ef84-d22e.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Guys, The black model is different from the blue one? The newest chronograph in black that I saw at the AD, I could have sworn had locking pushers, meaning I had to unscrew them to use them but I admit, now I don't remember the locking part but they did unscrew just like the daytona and the Breilings I have. IDK... That is what I remember. Maybe the gen was broken? A Fake? :thinking: Maybe R2 was dreaming? IDK.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
I've never owned the black so I don't know myself...someone go to an AD and try them on :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I've never owned the black so I don't know myself...someone go to an AD and try them on :)

Damn, ok. But if I end up buying another gen... I will be mad at you for about a minute. lol

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
My gen pushers screw down, guaranteed.

I also sold Paparas my old ones...

Every time i read this thread i really cant wait to complete my franken...

I have ordered a new crystal cause i couldnt wait anymore and i hope next month i will be uploading my new thread. I hope the gen pushers will fit the rep case...