• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn U1/U2 cheaper movement

mikemxd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/09
anybody have a U1 or U2 with cheaper version of movement like PureTime sells? what the difference?

mikemxd

18/9/09
thats i know, i mean anybody bought Sinn with Asian instead of Swiss? want to know difference in qality

budo

Known Member
28/7/09
As I understand, the cheeper one, carry a J21 movement. So you get a low beat "sweep" with 6 "tiks" pr. second, in sted of the high beat 8 "tiks" pr. second in the ETA.

So the 2 extra "tiks" will cost you about a $100 ;-)

Mobius

I'm Pretty Popular
Really that's all there is. There is no chrono version of the U2 that I am aware of so, it really is a matter of how many ticks per second you want or how much you are willing to spend. Personally I'd go with the ETA as it (in my view) tends to be more reliable than the 21J.

mikemxd

18/9/09
As I understand, the cheeper one, carry a J21 movement. So you get a low beat "sweep" with 6 "tiks" pr. second, in sted of the high beat 8 "tiks" pr. second in the ETA.

So the 2 extra "tiks" will cost you about a $100 ;-)
expensive 2 extra tiks :)

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
I've been wearing mine all week and love it.
Same superb case, dial and hands. same sapphire crystal. And who notices the ever so slightly different sweep? For almost $100 cheaper it's a fabulous watch.
Sinn_2.jpg

mikemxd

18/9/09
I've been wearing mine all week and love it.
Same superb case, dial and hands. same sapphire crystal. And who notices the ever so slightly different sweep? For almost $100 cheaper it's a fabulous watch.

thanks for answer, for this 100$ i order additional leather straps :)

beaker-king

1/4/09
Here is a link to a video of the Sinn U2 21J version rep on youtube.com
It sure looks like a smooth sweeping second hand to me. You be the judge. I'm sold on it.
The person who posted the video is from RG.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xca8NBOULw"]YouTube - SINN U2 REP[/ame]

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi,

that Asian movement is very reliable.
It is the same you have in the Asian SFSO.

Look what I got as a clone ETA in mine : bad luck surely.
But buying Swiss or ETA clone does not mean you'll get a bullet proof movement.

87413298.jpg

47184472.jpg

mikemxd

18/9/09
So its better to order with Asian or what?

about bulletproof movement, i found on ebay.de gen ETA 2824-2 movements and thinking to order cheaper version of U1 and put inside gen ETA, is it good idea? or more simply to purchase U1 with Swiss movement? :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Better is to have your rep QC'ed before it's shipped ;)

Honestly, if I had to do the step again, I'd go Asian. For the U2 it makes even more sense than for the Breitling SFSO, as except for the movement, there is NO difference (same level of finishing, AR coating)

Sorry can't edit my previous message...

Forgot to add : are you sure that what you get on ebay is a genuine ETA ?
If the answer is no (I'm sure it is), then I strongly advise that you stick to the rep as it is (whatever its movement is)