• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

grandmarnier

Looking Around
1/3/20
Hello to everyone, this is my very first post after being subscribed for several months in this great forum. I had been doing a lot of readings (thank to all i have learnt a lot about reps). I want to special thank KJ2020 for this useful guide https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/8449368-rep-rolex-gmt-movements-explained . I actually didn't understand enaugh about the gmt's clone movements until last night I found that thread. Since a few months I was on the point of pulling the trigger for a Noob gmt master II 126710 blro and thank to this forum now I know that the Asian 3286 CHS inside the gmt noob is a modified A2824 timebomb. Since I am really in love this this Noob pepsi 126710 blro my question is: there are hopes that in the near future Noob could decide to sell this rep with a different movement? I am sorry for the silly question but the noob It's the only Gmt Pepsi rep I really like (I am totally in love with the color of the pepsi bezel with it's very different to my eyes from all the other pepsi bezels of other factories and with the rehaut that looks to my eyes much better engraved than the other Gmt pepsis from other factories). Thanks again to all

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Hello to everyone, this is my very first post after being subscribed for several months in this great forum. I had been doing a lot of readings (thank to all i have learnt a lot about reps). I want to special thank KJ2020 for this useful guide https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/8449368-rep-rolex-gmt-movements-explained . I actually didn't understand enaugh about the gmt's clone movements until last night I found that thread. Since a few months I was on the point of pulling the trigger for a Noob gmt master II 126710 blro and thank to this forum now I know that the Asian 3286 CHS inside the gmt noob is a modified A2824 timebomb. Since I am really in love this this Noob pepsi 126710 blro my question is: there are hopes that in the near future Noob could decide to sell this rep with a different movement? I am sorry for the silly question but the noob It's the only Gmt Pepsi rep I really like (I am totally in love with the color of the pepsi bezel with it's very different to my eyes from all the other pepsi bezels of other factories and with the rehaut that looks to my eyes much better engraved than the other Gmt pepsis from other factories). Thanks again to all

It's likely, yes, but rep manufacturers are all too aware of the fact that consumers love to buy the current best on the market. For many the itch of having a nice CHS watch will outweigh the fact that it is -not- a BLRO, so the manufacturers rolled out the BLNR first. The BLRO will come in time.

grandmarnier

Looking Around
1/3/20
It's likely, yes, but rep manufacturers are all too aware of the fact that consumers love to buy the current best on the market. For many the itch of having a nice CHS watch will outweigh the fact that it is -not- a BLRO, so the manufacturers rolled out the BLNR first. The BLRO will come in time.

Thank you for the quick answer. Let's hope that in a reasonable time Noob will come out with an updated version of the pepsi blro with an updated movement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you for the quick answer. Let's hope that in a reasonable time Noob will come out with an updated version of the pepsi blro with an updated movement.

The Noob Pepsi can be fitted with a VR3185. Several have done it, you just need a custom movement holder or you can even use a crystal gasket. And gen or gen-spec hands. But let's not go down that track further here, there are other threads about the Noob Pepsi!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...t-master-noob-v10-issue?p=8859383#post8859383

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
God I'm brain farting a lot today, I honestly thought the 116710 reference number was exclusive to the LN black ceramic bezel GMT's, didn't know you could get BLNR's and BLRO's lol.

I'm actually leaning towards this one a bit from BP, bezel isn't quite as thick https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20107

Looks like you still have some reading to do bro. 6 digit BLRO only comes as a 126710, and that BP link is another 2824 CHS timebomb.

For gen models

116710 LN / BLNR ‐ 3186, single coronet dial, oyster bracelet, shorter hands, rotate crown clockwise to advance hands forward and hour jump forward.

126710 BLNR / BLRO - 3285, double coronet dial, jubilee bracelet, longer hands, rotate crown anti-clockwise to advance hands forward and hour jump forward.

This post explains how to ID the GMT watches. You need two pieces to solve the puzzle. Handstack and movement type. In your linked watch, you can easily see the hour hand is on the bottom, and that it is an ETA movement. That solves the puzzle, it's a 2824 CHS timebomb.

GMT Movements Explained

Reactions: Fervid and jdoc77

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Looks like you still have some reading to do bro. 6 digit BLRO only comes as a 126710, and that BP link is another 2824 CHS timebomb.

For gen models

116710 LN / BLNR ‐ 3186, single coronet dial, oyster bracelet, shorter hands, rotate crown clockwise to advance hands forward and hour jump forward.

126710 BLNR / BLRO - 3285, double coronet dial, jubilee bracelet, longer hands, rotate crown anti-clockwise to advance hands forward and hour jump forward.

This post explains how to ID the GMT watches. You need two pieces to solve the puzzle. Handstack and movement type. In your linked watch, you can easily see the hour hand is on the bottom, and that it is an ETA movement. That solves the puzzle, it's a 2824 CHS timebomb.

GMT Movements Explained

Appreciate your wisdom. I guess my only option is the GMF V3 lol

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gosh that 126710 has a horribly thick bezel compared to the 116710, huge tell for me unfortunately. Would that have been luck of the draw? Or if I ordered the same one I would likely get the same thick bezel.

I think that's actually a BP pictured there, which would explain your previous comment about GMFs having thick insert markers. BP and GMF are partner factories so it's not uncommon to see some overlaps or mixups in TD pics.

Here's that same watch shown on another non-TD site, you can see the insert markers are not thick.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25793

In any case, GMF Batman inserts are somewhat variable right now anyway. You can't assume what you get will look exactly like one in a web ad. But I don't think you would see one with thick markers, no one has been shown one like that in QC. If you order from Li at Jtimewatch, you can have confidence of getting an insert you will be OK with.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I think that's actually a BP pictured there, which would explain your previous comment about GMFs having thick insert markers. BP and GMF are partner factories so it's not uncommon to see some overlaps or mixups in TD pics.

Here's that same watch shown on another non-TD site, you can see the insert markers are not thick.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=25793

In any case, GMF Batman inserts are somewhat variable right now anyway. You can't assume what you get will look exactly like one in a web ad. But I don't think you would see one with thick markers, no one has been shown one like that in QC. If you order from Li at Jtimewatch, you can have confidence of getting an insert you will be OK with.

You're a legend! Yeah I'll definitely be going with Li again. First order with him was amazing, cheers bro!

Reactions: KJ2020

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Well I have read this ENTIRE thread and all the associated links. My conclusions based on the goals of this watch for me personally :

- get the new GMF v3
- be VERY strict with the QC, especially the 18 transition and speed bumps (May ask for a little help from you all ;)
- keep GMF clone movement with plan to eventually swap out to the VR clone movement (someone mentioned Thats about $200 bucks to do. Any recs on who send it to?)
- relume if necessary
- if I get really feisty, do a gen crystal and date wheel swap as it appears it will fit in the GMF v3
- possible spongebob mod but it appears the paint on the V3 is pretty solid

Anything I’m missing? Love/hate this forum for all the same reasons lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

To quote KJ2020:

... Reps should be all about knowing when good is good enough. You can spend a lot more but in the end it's still a rep.

Reactions: Dissemination

grandmarnier

Looking Around
1/3/20
The Noob Pepsi can be fitted with a VR3185. Several have done it, you just need a custom movement holder or you can even use a crystal gasket. And gen or gen-spec hands. But let's not go down that track further here, there are other threads about the Noob Pepsi!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...t-master-noob-v10-issue?p=8859383#post8859383

You are right and I am sorry If I brought the trhead about the Noob Pepsi. And thank you again for your explanations all really useful.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Appreciate your wisdom. I guess my only option is the GMF V3 lol

I would definitely go with that-and in fact i will when my personal economic CV19 damage is under control. When I ordered mine the CHS cloned movement was only a dream. My ICHS has performed fine and I have had a lot of fun wearing it. I got called out once, by a Rolie owner who thought it was gen LOL. The ICHS has its faults in particular the rehaut lettering misaligment and the crystal which sits a bit too high. But overall it has been a pleasure to own. I've been wearing it all week. And mine also came from Li who got me a decent enough bezel insert

misaligned rehaut alignment

slightly elevated crystal

but still a great buy back in September. Today I would get the V3

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
To quote KJ2020:

To reiterate what I said afterwards...this is a long term plan, more hobby and tinkering based. Initially just going to wear OOTB for a while unless movement breaks. So. Yea. I agree

Sent from the RWI App

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
You're talking about the GMF 3186 V3, right? (non-timebomb one)

Stop using that term for v3 GMF. it’s a clone movement but since it requires different movements than the other 2 clones it may not be as reliable. I think you really are all confused about everything. The answer you are looking for is GMF v3. No more no less. I know what you are looking for based on your PMs

Sent from the RWI App

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
You're talking about the GMF 3186 V3, right? (non-timebomb one)

Stop using that term for v3 GMF. it’s a clone movement but since it requires different movements than the other 2 clones it may not be as reliable. I think you really are all confused about everything. The answer you are looking for is GMF v3. No more no less. I know what you are looking for based on your PMs

Sent from the RWI App

myarmisshort

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/20

Sent from the RWI App

Gotcha.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BTW, does anyone here have any experience with the GMF V3 116713 (two-tone) ?

I don't think anyone has bought one yet bro. I have the BP version, 2836 ICHS which I like a lot. BP is 316L and a lot cheaper.

15802350829650.jpg

​​​​​​​