• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I'd just like to point out that quarantine is maddening and causing me to do stupid things. I swear.

Today I woke up and said "I'm going to wear the 985 and put on a new Panerai rep and love it. I start reading the Rolex section, especially this thread and I have to change to a Rolex.

I pop back over to the Panerai section and suddenly the Rolex feels weird so the 985 goes back on. Lol.

And here I am again. But this time I consciously thought "it's ridiculous to keep changing watches. Just leave kn the 985" but I come clbacl to catch up on this tread and I have to keep looking at the numbers on the insert so it just doesn't feel right. Back to the Rolex.

Fuuuuvckkkk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quarantine is playing with my mind as well. This morning I started looking at my first ever PAM and settled on the VSF GMT PAM688. Now suddenly, my inner conscience is telling me that the blue dial with RG markers is way better than my franken 116710s. Something is wrong with me...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazing

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sure here it is:
https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20992

Thought of taking VRF but then found this topic and decided on GMF v3...

If that is truly the one you ordered, that is not the watch you got in the QC pics. No question about it, look at the handstacks. These are Trusty pics.

noEU4.jpg

This is the watch in your QC, it is a 2824 CHS timebomb. I recommend getting it swapped out for the V3 like in your link.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20158

Reactions: HomeRye and Hazing

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
If that is truly the one you ordered, that is not the watch you got in the QC pics. No question about it, look at the handstacks. These are Trusty pics.

noEU4.jpg

This is the watch in your QC, it is a 2824 CHS timebomb. I recommend getting it swapped out for the V3 like in your link.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20158

Good looking out brother. Good catch. With these new bezels, we ( or me) can get so hung up on the bezel and the transition, we can lose sight of other details. I don’t think I would have caught that till it was here.

Again, you saved someone a huge headache.

Conceyted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/19
It's starting to look like the bezel is never a good way to identify which "version" the actual watch is and it's becoming apparent that GMF particularly intends to use the updated insert across all versions it offers of a watch. This would explain why we are seeing several different GMF CHS and ICHS watches all sharing the same V3 inserts.

Hazing

9/5/19
Seems that somethimes those TD just try to push their stocks to such noobs as me..
I don’t think it’s really the TDs as much as the factories. The TDs don’t really know these things. They get handed a watch, take a pic and we pick it apart. I’d be surprised if anyone knew anything. For all they knew, they could have been taking a pic of an apple. Never mind a Batman with a true clone vs a timebomb.

Reactions: KJ2020

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
I don’t think it’s really the TDs as much as the factories.

I think you're right to a certain extent, although there certainly are some TDs that know their stuff. One of them I'm thinking of now does side-by-side comparisons with Gen on this forum all the time. But yeah, I would imagine factories aren't going to want to take a loss on leftover parts- so if they release a new watch that is a hit, why not mix some of the less desirable parts into some of the watches to try and get rid of the old stock- It would certainly make sense, although maybe not the best business practice

andreynitro

24/11/19
Yeah now i definitely see difference: handstacks should way less on v3 then ones on pic on a right. Would be be a good argument in conversation with Andrew

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah now i definitely see difference: handstacks should way less on v3 then ones on pic on a right. Would be be a good argument in conversation with Andrew

No need to argue bro, it should be a one way conversation. It's not the watch you ordered and definitely not the one you want.

andreynitro

24/11/19
No need to argue bro, it should be a one way conversation. It's not the watch you ordered and definitely not the one you want.

100% not to mention that i'm waiting for 23 days already for my prev. order to be shipped (white DJ2)

Hazing

9/5/19
100% not to mention that i'm waiting for 23 days already for my prev. order to be shipped (white DJ2)

Yeah, that’s not really on them. There’s a lot going on over there. I approved QCs with multiple TDs (Andrew being one of them) and they sat like 40 days before shipping after approving QCs. Part of buying reps is waiting. It was so frustrating knowing a watch was over there already approved. I just wanted it on my wrist. Lol. You can’t hold the fact that the country is like operating at 10% capacity on the TDs.

If it’s a sign of things to come, we might be operating like that here in the USA soon too. Oh no...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hazing

9/5/19
I found this bezel and insert on watchpartoutlet. I think it’s a new edition but it looks good. I just emailed him for the he’ll of it to ask about the plating but it’s described as a silver coated.

The transition point at 6 could be better but the transition point at 18 is nice. And there doesn’t appear to be a speed bump at all.

Also, the numbers look good too from a font perspective. The one’s have a nicely shaped curved serif. It looks a little long. The serif - it’s not as stubby as the one on Rolex’s “1”. It does have some less than ideal spacing on the two digit numbers but it’s minimal at best imo. I wonder who makes this.

7912eca50d223c473557186e11bd6424.jpg

c1c7bf1af4460f648b3a1ae1ef1ce86c.jpg

d9de345f5e304a55cd946fce332a42a3.jpg

70142fdbcc9c2d98d8178427f9603d45.jpg

Reactions: Dissemination

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I found this bezel and insert on watchpartoutlet. I think it’s a new edition but it looks good. I just emailed him for the he’ll of it to ask about the plating but it’s described as a silver coated.

The transition point at 6 could be better but the transition point at 18 is nice. And there doesn’t appear to be a speed bump at all.

Also, the numbers look good too from a font perspective. The one’s have a nicely shaped curved serif. It looks a little long. The serif - it’s not as stubby as the one on Rolex’s “1”. It does have some less than ideal spacing on the two digit numbers but it’s minimal at best imo. I wonder who makes this.

7912eca50d223c473557186e11bd6424.jpg

c1c7bf1af4460f648b3a1ae1ef1ce86c.jpg

d9de345f5e304a55cd946fce332a42a3.jpg

70142fdbcc9c2d98d8178427f9603d45.jpg

Numerals are too thin and blocky for that one to really be viable.

BbdTK.jpg

The 18 transition is high, there should be no blue in the 8 holes. And the 6 transition is too low. The silver markers are a plus and the curved serifs are very nice! Still, I wouldn't trade it for mine even though I had to do a paint mod on it myself.

Ceramic insert paint mod

20190706-105225.jpg

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
Numerals are too thin and blocky for that one to really be viable.

BbdTK.jpg

The 18 transition is high, there should be no blue in the 8 holes. And the 6 transition is too low. The silver markers are a plus and the curved serifs are very nice! Still, I wouldn't trade it for mine even though I had to do a paint mod on it myself.

Ceramic insert paint mod

20190706-105225.jpg

It’s killer expensive too.

andreynitro

24/11/19
No, it's not the same. I'm no expert but check the bezel, the transition point at the 18 is were it should be now.
Wait till the experts here answer you, but to me looks okey...

agree, transition seems way better now..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello folks got new QC from Andrew, seems the same, no?

It's not the same watch, the new insert is better. The 18 transition point is perfect, the blue goes into the 8 just far enough to not enter the 8 holes.

However, the watch is still the old 2824 CHS timebomb, NOT the new true clone SA3186 V3. If you are certain you ordered the V3, you are not being shown the watch you ordered.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
the watch is still the old 2824 CHS timebomb
I would highly suggest not ordering this movement. Just do a search for 3186 CHS timebomb and you'll be overwhelmed by the negative things shared about this movement. I had one, was super careful with CP2, and it still died within about 7 months. There is no real repair for it either, if you could even replace the broken part (and they are not available to purchase, really) then you'd still have a watch that was going to die young. I can't stress enough how poor of a design this is in the old "3186" CHS movement.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Would love one of these on a jubilee. Also is this intentional of trusty? He pulled a shifty one on me a while ago and I've only recently found out.

andreynitro

24/11/19
Would love one of these on a jubilee. Also is this intentional of trusty? He pulled a shifty one on me a while ago and I've only recently found out.

oh man i don't know, i already told that this is old movement, he got this new watch and it's still on old movement even with a better insert.. so asked for watch with proper movement once again, didn't get reply yet, so will see.. will keep you posted folks..