• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Keep in mind these springbar measurements are for gens and it won't necessarily be accurate for reps. There has always been some variation in bracelet specs between factories - there is no standardization for anything - detent placement, SEL shape and thickness, springbar thickness, tip size, even springbar length. VRF Max Sub lugs are 19.9mm apart they and won't take any other factory's bracelet without modification.

+1. Per personal experience, I can confirm Noob cases (along with Noob SELs) accept gen springbars on 116710, 116622 and Daytona (v3 case)

Reactions: Dissemination

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
Noob V10 case pinholes are bigger than on a gen case, so gen will fit in but maybe have a little game, never tried. Noob v10 Jubilee bracelet did not fit gen oyster springbars, maybe the gen jubilee springbars are different, the holes on the noob sell are too small, maybe the noob oyster sel will fit gen bars (never tried)

srhoque

28/11/18
+1. Per personal experience, I can confirm Noob cases (along with Noob SELs) accept gen springbars on 116710, 116622 and Daytona (v3 case)

Should have been more clear - This is only for Oyster bracelet on Noob v10 case for 116710, and latest 904L case for 116622.

Noleex - Maybe I lucked out on my 116710 Noob case, springbars sit tight with no play.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Noob V10 case pinholes are bigger than on a gen case, so gen will fit in but maybe have a little game, never tried. Noob v10 Jubilee bracelet did not fit gen oyster springbars, maybe the gen jubilee springbars are different, the holes on the noob sell are too small, maybe the noob oyster sel will fit gen bars (never tried)

You're thinking correct mate. Gen springbars would fit Noob oyster bracelet as they are thicker for oyster bracelets, 2.0mm springbars. And Gen jubilee fits 1.8mm springbars and thats y your gen oyster springbars didn't go through the Noob jubilee SEL, like they should be and same would be for Gen jubilee too.
cheers!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Noleex

Conceyted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/19
This should help that issue. It's the best thing you can try on a GMT bezel. Other mods like using floss aren't feasible with the scalloped crystal retaining ring and the 3 pin click ring.

Take extra care not to damage your bezel gasket (hytrel ring), those are essentially not replaceable. Aftermarket ones rarely fit if ever. Also, if it has not come out of the bezel groove I would leave it in there. Every time you pull on it you risk stretching it out.

Rep hytrel rings usually have a stairstep side profile on the inner edge and it matters which way the stairstep is oriented vertically. The GMF gasket goes in with the "top step" down, toward the case. So the fatter width of the gasket will be sitting higher up in the bezel groove with the bezel sitting upright flat on a desk. It's possible your gasket was installed upside down by the factory, this directly affects lateral tightness. You may want to wait til your tension ring arrives to check it again since every bezel removal and replacement introduces risk of damaging the gasket.

Just seeing this reply. When I pulled the bezel the first time the entire assembly came off together as one piece. I actually never saw the bezel gasket because the insert and assembly stayed together. The only piece I had in hand was the insert and bezel assembly as one piece and the three pin click ring. The crystal and crystal gasket came off too but those went right back on without issue. When I put everything back together I simply put the 3 three pin click ring back into the spots it sat and pressed the entire assembly into place around the crystal and gasket. Where does the hyrtel gasket come into play here, was it all together in the bezel assembly? Or Maybe in missing that too?

I found and read your post on your noob gmt bezel experience. Good info. I'm 90% sure the hyrtel gasket stayed on the bezel assembly when I removed it and went back together with no issue when pressed back in place. I will be extra careful pulling apart the bezel assembly and case next time when I add the cost tensioner. That noob pic helped me see how that would fit, too. I think that will go a long way to tightening everything and stoping the play I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello community, just got QC from Trusty for GMF v3 Batman. I'm not huge professional, but looks ok for me. What's your opinion:

That does not look like a V3 to me bro. The insert looks like the old version and the movement is definitely not the new super clone SA3186. It's the 2824 CHS timebomb, commonly misnamed 'A3186' by factories and TDs. You can tell by the handstack. It's CHS, but has the Frisbee sized GMT hand hole surround. Compare the handstacks in the pic below. If Andrew insists, ask for a pic of the movement.

Post a link of what you ordered, I can tell you if it matches what you got.

noEU4.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
Hello community, just got QC from Trusty for GMF v3 Batman. I'm not huge professional, but looks ok for me. What's your opinion:

My opinion is you should remove these QC pics quickly and read the rules

andreynitro

24/11/19
Seems that somethimes those TD just try to push their stocks to such noobs as me..

andreynitro

24/11/19
Repost a couple of those pics and ask the question "Does this look like a V3?"

You are allowed to post unaccepted QC pics if you have a specific concern you want to ask about.

The rest of us will benefit by your situation, and by knowing if you got what you asked for.

Ok, I've checked this with Andrew - he says that this is v3 GMF and they just got stocks today... I've asked him for movement picture as per recommendation, he promised to follow up on this and try to get one - so will keep you guys posted and will share this pic as soon as i will get it (or any other info i will get on this topic)..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok, I've checked this with Andrew - he says that this is v3 GMF and they just got stocks today... I've asked him for movement picture as per recommendation, he promised to follow up on this and try to get one - so will keep you guys posted and will share this pic as soon as i will get it (or any other info i will get on this topic)..

Do you understand about the difference between the movements? I can't recommend buying the 2824 CHS timebomb you posted before when there is a now a superclone available for more or less the same price.

GMT Movements Explained

andreynitro

24/11/19
So yes, I really courious if this is real v3 GMF. Andrew says that it is and he got them today. For me transition from blue to back on on 8 looks like the one on previous versions, what i've noticed that on v3 it covers 8 more then on this pics. Also insert numbers look like old ones.. i will wait for clarification or mechanism pic which will share here as soon as i will get it

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So yes, I really courious if this is real v3 GMF. Andrew says that it is and he got them today. For me transition from blue to back on on 8 looks like the one on previous versions, what i've noticed that on v3 it covers 8 more then on this pics. Also insert numbers look like old ones.. i will wait for clarification or mechanism pic which will share here as soon as i will get it

AFAIK the only true V3 GMF Batman is the one that has the true clone SA3186 in it. Some older models may now be getting the updated (V3) insert, which may be justifying TDs to call them a V3. I don't agree with that tactic, and in any case you didn't get the new (V3) insert.

Look at this page from non-TD TSWATCH. There are two Batman models offered.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/products.php?CateId=1001

The true clone V3 with SA3186

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26804

The older version (not designated V2 or V anything) with 2824 CHS timebomb and fake labeling and engraving 3186

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26146

The insert and handstack on the older version from this link are identical to your QC pics.

It's clear to me that your QC pics are not showing the V3 as offered in the V3 link from TSWATCH.

Can you post a link of the watch you ordered?

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
I can't recommend buying the 2824 CHS timebomb you posted before when there is a now a superclone available for more or less the same price.
I wouldn't recommend getting the CHS 2824 even if there was nothing better. I haven't heard of many that have not failed, and there is not really a fix for the issue.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
AFAIK the only true V3 GMF Batman is the one that has the true clone SA3186 in it. Some older models may now be getting the updated (V3) insert, which may be justifying TDs to call them a V3. I don't agree with that tactic, and in any case you didn't get the new (V3) insert.

Look at this page from non-TD TSWATCH. There are two Batman models offered.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/products.php?CateId=1001

The true clone V3 with SA3186

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26804

The older version (not designated V2 or V anything) with 2824 CHS timebomb and fake labeling and engraving 3186

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26146

The insert and handstack on the older version from this link are identical to your QC pics.

It's clear to me that your QC pics are not showing the V3 as offered in the V3 link from TSWATCH.

Can you post a link of the watch you ordered?

The same thing happened with my first V3 from Li. The insert numbers look the same but the transition point seems to be different. Maybe whatever they're doing is causing it to vary on the inserts.
And Whatever they're doing, they might not be stable which restricts them from geting a consistent transition point on the bezel inserts and with the speedbump. Just a thought but maybe that is why we're seeing some variation from one supposed V3 to another.

Eta: But yeah... Now after looking at that cannon pinion, it doesn't look like the ones we've been seeing so far out of "V3s".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I'd just like to point out that quarantine is maddening and causing me to do stupid things. I swear.

Today I woke up and said "I'm going to wear the 985 and put on a new Panerai rep and love it. I start reading the Rolex section, especially this thread and I have to change to a Rolex.

I pop back over to the Panerai section and suddenly the Rolex feels weird so the 985 goes back on. Lol.

And here I am again. But this time I consciously thought "it's ridiculous to keep changing watches. Just leave kn the 985" but I come clbacl to catch up on this tread and I have to keep looking at the numbers on the insert so it just doesn't feel right. Back to the Rolex.

Fuuuuvckkkk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk