• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF released a GMT 3186 clone movement

Conceyted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/19
Well, my tracking updated again this morning and it's out for delivery today! It updated from delivery expected Thursday to received and out for delivery today. Not complaining! I will add some high resolution photos ASAP.

Reactions: Dissemination

Conceyted

12/10/19
Alright. DHL dropped the package off about 20 minutes ago and I have the watch in hand. First, as a reminder, I ordered a GMF ICHS Batman with the v3 insert and a GMF jubilee bracelet as an add-on. I've owned a CHS GMF v2 previously so I am comparing to that.

Notable improvements:
  • The v3 insert looks great in person and speedbumps are basically non-existent. At a very close up (within an inch of the watch) I can make out the slightest transition point where speedbumps have been seen prior, but its basically not there for all practical purposes.
  • The text fill is not what I would call white, it is definitely platinum in color and its slightly crisper and cleaner than the previous GMF inserts.
  • The color of the insert seems to be identical to previous from what I can tell.
  • Crystal height for ICHS is improved from what I can tell. This is my first ICHS GMT, but from what I've seen and read from people who reviewed them previously, this watches crystal height has been lowered. The crystal still sits higher than CHS / gen, but its not drastic enough to be noticeable to the average person. The pictures make it look way taller than it is.
Some issues found so far:
  • The bezel ring is not tight. There is side to side movement and a slight click as the bezel is moved side to side. I am going to remove it and see what the problem might be.
  • The alignment of the insert is not correct at this point. It needs to be adjusted a few degrees to the left. Easy fix.
  • The cyclops on the crystal is slightly misaligned to the left rorated about 1 degree too far.
  • The 6 hour marker has a slight smudge on the right outline that shows in the reflection of light.
  • The lume applied to the 6 9 and 12 hour markers is not as evenly applied when compared to the hour indices.
  • The rotor noise is pretty loud on this movement. That may be a known... again this is my first ICHS GMT.
High res pictures coming soon. For now see the ones I have attached as holdover.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Alright. DHL dropped the package off about 20 minutes ago and I have the watch in hand. First, as a reminder, I ordered a GMF ICHS Batman with the v3 insert and a GMF jubilee bracelet as an add-on. I've owned a CHS GMF v2 previously so I am comparing to that.

Notable improvements:
  • The v3 insert looks great in person and speedbumps are basically non-existent. At a very close up (within an inch of the watch) I can make out the slightest transition point where speedbumps have been seen prior, but its basically not there for all practical purposes.
  • The text fill is not what I would call white, it is definitely platinum in color and its slightly crisper and cleaner than the previous GMF inserts.
  • The color of the insert seems to be identical to previous from what I can tell.
  • Crystal height for ICHS is improved from what I can tell. This is my first ICHS GMT, but from what I've seen and read from people who reviewed them previously, this watches crystal height has been lowered. The crystal still sits higher than CHS / gen, but its not drastic enough to be noticeable to the average person. The pictures make it look way taller than it is.
  • The bezel ring is not tight. There is side to side movement and a slight click as the bezel is moved side to side. I am going to remove it and see what the problem might be.
  • The alignment of the insert is not correct at this point. It needs to be adjusted a few degrees to the left. Easy fix.
  • The cyclops on the crystal is slightly misaligned to the left rorated about 1 degree too far.
  • The 6 hour marker has a slight smudge on the right outline that shows in the reflection of light.
  • The lume applied to the 6 9 and 12 hour markers is not as evenly applied when compared to the hour indices.
  • The rotor noise is pretty loud on this movement. That may be a known... again this is my first ICHS GMT.
High res pictures coming soon. For now see the ones I have attached as holdover.

BOjii.jpg
[/url]

Crystal is obviously thinner and thats nice
very nice watch wear it in good health

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Conceyted first of all, congrats on being the first (known) RWI member to get their new GMF, and thanks for sharing! That's pretty detailed for a first impressions review :)

So to me it looks great. One thing that stood out to me that you didn't mention is that the finish on the bracelet has that nice contrast of dark polish and light brushed effect. Could be the wrapping though. I'll have to ask for more pics of your new baby when ya can!

Curious about the insert color, it has a lighter blue, but it appears you're in a good amount of natural daylight. Does it have that deeper/darker blue in other lighting conditions. I would also like to ask for more pics, please and thank you haha. Other than that I cant even see the transition, and the numerals look good. I'd say best insert so far, no question.

Reactions: KJ2020

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Alright. DHL dropped the package off about 20 minutes ago and I have the watch in hand.

Gorgeous watch! I hope my tracking pulls the same stunt, but I'm not sure who takes it over the shipping in the US once it gets here- it cam in SF-Express, whatever that it. Anyway, can't wait for some more pics, I know you're psyched!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Yep, mine was DHL. I reached out to JTime (Lana) last night and ended up getting a response this morning apologizing and telling me it will take some time. However, oddly enough and possibly coincidentally I saw my tracking update today and my delivery is showing a Thursday delivery date. My package is already showing it has cleared customs and is in Ohio on it's way to Louisiana. Crossing my fingers....

Unrelated, but I received a modded 116500 Daytona from the UK sold M2M in approximately 5 business days. And it came all the way overseas in a bubble padded envelope with no plastic case surrounding it. It got here in one piece though!
Yeah, I got notifications that I had two packages arriving. I was hoping they were both from Li but one was Andrew.

If I got one from Li I was hoping it was the BLNR but it was the LN.

But to me, it sounds like you lucked out, pal. You only receive those notifications once they're on their way. And I mentioned this before. The only delay is the time it takes to leave the country. If you luck out and your package is ready to ship as soon as they're picking up - you're golden. Its right place/right time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
Well, my tracking updated again this morning and it's out for delivery today! It updated from delivery expected Thursday to received and out for delivery today. Not complaining! I will add some high resolution photos ASAP.
  • The insert looks nice and deep engraved also the font weight looks good, but they used the wrong font on that insert, take a closer look on the 1 and check it with a gen, also what my eyes catcht first was the 18 (1 8), the spacing is much bigger on that number.
  • The dial looks good to me, but the hands are far away from a gen, especially the gmt hand, its too much rounded.
  • The Date seems to be off center (maybe its just the perspective, but the crystal is visible off, as you described.
  • Movement alignment looks good also the insert seems to be centered correctly on your first pic.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
  • The insert looks nice and deep engraved also the font weight looks good, but they used the wrong font on that insert, take a closer look on the 1 and check it with a gen, also what my eyes catcht first was the 18 (1 8), the spacing is much bigger on that number.
  • The dial looks good to me, but the hands are far away from a gen, especially the gmt hand, its too much rounded.
  • The Date seems to be off center (maybe its just the perspective, but the crystal is visible off, as you described.
  • Movement alignment looks good also the insert seems to be centered correctly on your first pic.

Good eyes. I still think it's a great looking piece regardless of the aforementioned. I'm thinking with a spongebob mod, gen hands, dial relume, gen crystal and datewheel, and VRF movement, this thing should be a real solid Franken-lite.

Reactions: jdoc77 and KJ2020

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Notable improvements:

Thanks for taking the time to share the pics!! I did a quick comparison to gen (first pic below) .Insert numbers look bold/deep which means it will lend itself well to do a sputter coating job. Would appreciate a few more insert pics indoor/outdoor. Maybe its the pic but insert markers still looks white to me. The blue is also a tad bit lighter shade. It should be even more darker in sunlight (or indoor daylight) and going to a very dark blue as light reduces. The absence of curved serif font on 1 is also pretty obvious (but that was a known issue for a while). At this point, I will reserve judgement (pending color of insert markers and blue color) before this can be declared the "best" rep BLNR insert. I am still more satisfied with the paint modded insert prepared byNoleex (pics below)

Conceyted

12/10/19
Alright guys, so I will be completely honest and state up front that I have limited experience with watchsmithing. That said, I have the tools to do the job and so I was able to pop the bezel assembly off. I did slightly ding the case in doing so, which is a bummer but not a huge deal.

When the bezel assembly came loose the crystal came with it. That was not something I expected, but again I am a bit of a watchsmithing noob. I was able to get the crystal separated from the bezel assembly and apply it back to the case. The crystal and gasket can spin with the bezel assembly removed, so I successfully rotated the cyclops to better align with the date window. I also noted that the reason my bezel assembly has movement when attached to the case is because the 38mm bezel washer is missing?? It seems pretty odd to have a watch go out missing a part, but that's nowhere to be found.

I pressed it all back together and its as tight as it can be without the washer on there. Still some movement but with the washer in place there will be none. Now, where to find a washer?!

Also, to note, the SELs of the bracelet is super tight on the case, to the point that I have to apply a good amount of force pulling it apart once the spring bars are pressed in. Figuring that out was interesting at first and the SELs felt stuck or even glued to the case even after releasing the springbar tension. Might need to clean up tolerances there.

Any advise on what you read above would be helpful. I greased the caseback and crown seals, oiled the rotor bearing up so its quieter now.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
You'll notice that I swapped over to the jubilee that I bought for it in these shots. Here are some additional high resolution shots. Apologies for the finger prints...

Those photos really show the platinum color of the insert numbers. Looks great!

Conceyted

12/10/19
My GMT ICHS from september 2019 happens to be on the wrist today

Do you have any issues with the bezel moving left to right? When I took my bezel off I note that I am missing a flat spring tensioner. Not sure if I am supposed to have one or not, but I think that may be the cause of my issue? Here's a pic I found online showing the tensioner, which I do not have:
s-l1600.jpg

shortlegs

31/5/19
Argh.. First it was the incorrect font for the number 1. Now its the big spacing between the 1 and 8 in 18.

It is probably still the best OOTB BLNR insert, but I can't unsee those things now.. :cry:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you have any issues with the bezel moving left to right? When I took my bezel off I note that I am missing a flat spring tensioner. Not sure if I am supposed to have one or not, but I think that may be the cause of my issue? Here's a pic I found online showing the tensioner, which I do not have:
s-l1600.jpg

The bezel tension rings have been omitted In a few recent purchases of mine as well. It may be a cost cutting move, or it could just be an oversight. You can get them on Ebay. You might as well buy 2, if your bezel is that loose you may need them. My Noob Pepsi did not come with one and I added an Ebay one. Also a recent GMF didn't have one but was OK without it.

These say they are for 5 digit models but fit perfectly in the slight GMF case indent beneath the bezel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bezel-Tens...4kAAOSw7UBd~aSU:sc:USPSFirstClass!37138!US!-1

B6amW.jpg

It's a nice looking watch. You should be able to fix your case ding. sickopsycho can help, haha.

Reactions: Conceyted

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Argh.. First it was the incorrect font for the number 1. Now its the big spacing between the 1 and 8 in 18.

It is probably still the best OOTB BLNR insert, but I can't unsee those things now.. :cry:

The 12 also has non-parallel digits, it's like they tried to follow the inner curve of the insert instead of a straight imaginary underline. The 18 is more noticeable because of the straight line color transition in close proximity. We sure are some whiney bitches, lol.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The LN is cut from the same mold. You just don't pick it out as much because it's all the same color.

B6yHK.jpg

It's a tiny "character flaw" that should be quickly forgotten. Just like the bad transition point on the Noob Pepsi. I don't even notice it any more. No point in sweating the small stuff, enjoy the fantasy.

Reactions: Dissemination