• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

unusuallylargeballs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
Just think it’s a bit weird to pay that much cash to have Rafa’s name on to your wrist. It takes being a super fan to a completely different planet. Didn’t think the man was that popular amongst billionaires but ok.

It has nothing to do with having Rafa’s name on the wrist. The RM035 and RM055 are the closest to gen that we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
This has me extremely interested, however, I'm more the skeptical of the parties selling the movement and watch at the moment. The prices are absolutely absurd, even with the movement being a clone. I totally understand that this movement is different and maybe slightly more complicated to clone compared to Rolex, but I won't even consider this watch/movement until its offered by a TD. The current sources of the watch seem sketchy AF! I had a similar experience with "Jose" over at RMWatchLux, and he was extremely cagey about giving me information and when I sent a list of reasonable questions one would ask when dealign with a high priced item, the dude blocked me... LOL... I recently reached out to Li/Jtime and he has no information on the movement or the watch. He said that it's possible that a super clone will be coming in the near future, but that he could not confirm or deny this info. IF they do come out with a super clone and its available from a RG/RWI TD, oh man!!! Exciting stuff!

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
So we are back on ???????? Bring on the RM55 I’ve been waiting on one since I can’t get the ZF anymore. Now once we get to under 1500 that’s where I feel a lot more will start to buy in.

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
So we are back on ???????? Bring on the RM55 I’ve been waiting on one since I can’t get the ZF anymore. Now once we get to under 1500 that’s where I feel a lot more will start to buy in.

Why can't you get the ZF anymore? The 55 or 35-02?

Reactions: Mercedesslr

unusuallylargeballs

4/12/18

Just super tough right now because of low stock. It seems like the next versions are coming out soon so I am sure production is focusing on that. They only make so many of these in comparison to Rolex reps, so a lot of times once the initial productions are run they are done

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
Just super tough right now because of low stock. It seems like the next versions are coming out soon so I am sure production is focusing on that. They only make so many of these in comparison to Rolex reps, so a lot of times once the initial productions are run they are done

Got ya... In case you're interested, Li has inventory available. I pulled the trigger (impulsively) on the existing stock rather than waiting for the new (i'm sure better) version. Specifically, I just bought the ZF v4 35-02 from him about a month ago, and he just mailed the current version ZF 55. Now, if the new version is a full clone, game on.. I'll paperweight the two I have, LOL...

unusuallylargeballs

4/12/18
Got ya... In case you're interested, Li has inventory available. I pulled the trigger (impulsively) on the existing stock rather than waiting for the new (i'm sure better) version. Specifically, I just bought the ZF v4 35-02 from him about a month ago, and he just mailed the current version ZF 55. Now, if the new version is a full clone, game on.. I'll paperweight the two I have, LOL...

Same here but I got the last 35-02 from Intime.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19

The 35 is till around but the 55 is not really available like that. The demand for it it seems to be less. They never bothered to update the 55 yet the 35 received some upgrades.

ALDS522

Horology Curious
27/4/22
Does anyone have an update on the clone movement? Any word when it will be available through our TD’s? We know it’s out there… Just how to get it at a reasonable price.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Does anyone have an update on the clone movement? Any word when it will be available through our TD’s? We know it’s out there… Just how to get it at a reasonable price.

If or when this movement becomes available through TDs, the TDs will be the first to let us know. By posting about it. Here. Or in its own thread. Which will promptly be linked to from here. TL;DR: you’d have to be trying hard not to hear the announcement if or when it happens.

Reactions: GiantSquid

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
So we wait, 6 months in waiting and counting.

At this point I would say maybe 2023-2024 before we get it at a price that makes sense. By then it’s also a mater if there is still enough people out there who want them for them to justify making it.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
At this point I would say maybe 2023-2024 before we get it at a price that makes sense. By then it’s also a mater if there is still enough people out there who want them for them to justify making it.

Even if my hope still stands I think the best is contacting td’s to see if they can get a movement before the end of the year whatever the price may be otherwise this is likely to fail as costs are to high like for the rm 11 project, let’s just hope the price drops slightly but I think we will still be looking at around 3-5k for it, prepare your wallets guys I already have the case and been saving up for it lol

REALDonJuan

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
12/7/17
A little bit off topic but since it might be a year or so before seeing a clone, I want to satiate the RM itch. Would you guys say this ZF is the closest thing to gen?

https://puretimewatch.io/rm055-ti-w...eton-dial-on-white-rubber-strap-nh05a-v2.html

To my understanding the sapphire glass case size and ceramic is pretty spot on, the movement is a dead give away because of the static parts on bottom right, but from a couple feet away it looks solid, is there a better alternative? And what's the difference between v1 and v2? I dont seem to find one, I think the price is more than fair. I really wish it had a better movement but that's what we are all here for.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
A little bit off topic but since it might be a year or so before seeing a clone, I want to satiate the RM itch. Would you guys say this ZF is the closest thing to gen?

https://puretimewatch.io/rm055-ti-w...eton-dial-on-white-rubber-strap-nh05a-v2.html

To my understanding the sapphire glass case size and ceramic is pretty spot on, the movement is a dead give away because of the static parts on bottom right, but from a couple feet away it looks solid, is there a better alternative? And what's the difference between v1 and v2? I dont seem to find one, I think the price is more than fair. I really wish it had a better movement but that's what we are all here for.

Yes this is the closest White bubba you will find on the public market rn.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19

I would contact the TD before ordering. I had 2 tell me it was no longer available, Puretime being one of them.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Even if my hope still stands I think the best is contacting td’s to see if they can get a movement before the end of the year whatever the price may be otherwise this is likely to fail as costs are to high like for the rm 11 project, let’s just hope the price drops slightly but I think we will still be looking at around 3-5k for it, prepare your wallets guys I already have the case and been saving up for it lol

If the prices are still up there then it defeats the point for me totally. In my humble opinion there are way better pieces out there that are franken other brands or homage RMs like the Hofa Design that do a bang on job for under 2k for a tourbillon carbon watch.

Reactions: Takel98

saschinkaiya

7/3/20

I wouldnt call the case spot on, ofc it has the same thickness as the gen, but the upper part doesnt curve the same, therefore the case is thicker at the ending/ beginning of the case and doesnt give such a nice curve, but that is a really small flaw for a rm rep.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Was this as of late? Odd they'd still have it available on website, I'll reach out.

Frequently website listings don't correlate to the actual availability of watches. Only way to know if a particular thing is available is to ask the dealer of your choice. I know the white 55s are pretty rare, so I wouldn't be surprised if they only made a few hundred of them and most are probably sold.