• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
There is a RM55 with clone movement supposedly coming out this month or July, it will be white initially. I don't have any more information other than that as it came from two friends in the industry, I'll try to share more info when I hear anything else.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

unusuallylargeballs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
I saw the same thing on WeChat. I messaged the seller and he sent me these:

Well here is to hoping that we will see a RM055 clone and then a RM035. Would love to drop in a clone movement to the v4 that was delivered today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Has the price been dropped to more logical levels?

You asked him?

I've asked by the movement was shown in the context of a sapphire case, so the quoted price was $12000 USD. I've asked for the price of the movement alone, and for the price of the movement in a ludicrous case. So far no answers. But, (assuming the video is current -- something I have no reason not to believe), it would appear that there are still people in China working on a clone RM movement.

Reactions: Pastime84 and j21

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
The WeChat seller got back to me on price… I asked about the movement in a normal white RM case — price is $10000.

then I asked about the movement alone and the seller said that the movement alone is $5000… but that it could be cheaper if I wanted to do a large purchase. I didn’t ask how many movements would be needed for it to be a “group purchase”, but I’m assuming it’s not 2.

Reactions: leo6929 and j21

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
We’ll that’s down from the 20k someone was initially asking for this movement lol.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

unusuallylargeballs

4/12/18
To me, a 5k movement dropped into a ZF with some modifications (assuming a non-perfect fit), then you could end up with a pretty amazing super rep

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Wow. Imagine spending all that money to wear Rafa Nadals name on your wrists lol.

Just pray you don’t ever bump into the man himself or anyone that is remotely connected to him. You’d feel like a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

unusuallylargeballs

4/12/18
Wow. Imagine spending all that money to wear Rafa Nadals name on your wrists lol.

Just pray you don’t ever bump into the man himself or anyone that is remotely connected to him. You’d feel like a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

So like how you feel after making this brain dead comment?

Reactions: Wrapped

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
So like how you feel after making this brain dead comment?

Just think it’s a bit weird to pay that much cash to have Rafa’s name on to your wrist. It takes being a super fan to a completely different planet. Didn’t think the man was that popular amongst billionaires but ok.