• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't know what to say. Benji the bobcat

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Many go through rough times and it's those times which help magnify the good times. All the best mate and I hope you have the wind at your back from now on. Take care of yourself!

USMC034L

14/4/12
George, I'm really saddened to read about your story, but I thank you for sharing it. I hope that sharing it here sincerely helps you throughout your grieving process, as there are a lot of members here to offer support in whatever ways we can. It's amazing, really, how animals can create such an impact on our lives. They really are part of us and are family in my eyes. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss..

MrTdot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/14
My deep condolences,
(Rest In Peace Benji the bobcat, you will be missed)

I always thought it was really cool that you owned a bobcat, he looked like he was a blast to have around.....

I hope you realize there was nothing you could have done differently and that it was completely out of your control.
TRY FOCUS on the times you guys had together and the fact that he had A LOT more time on this earth because of you and your big heart. Not to mention the fact that not many people could say they had the pleasure of having a bobcat as a friend, companion, baby or pet.

As for the hard times they too shall pass.
Stay strong friend.
MT

Ps - something that i think is worth mentioning even if it might help a little bit or may even put things in a better perspective is ...
"we cant control everything that happens to us, but we can control how we react to those situations" and "What we focus on grows". This mentality has helped me immensely through 5 extremely hard years.

Pss - It takes a big man to pour out his heart publicly (I salute you), even if its to a great community as ours.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Damn it George, I just saw this. Shit. This just sucks.

You have my most profound empathy.

I am deeply saddened to know of this. I can't imagine the extent of your sorrow.

Like so many, I loved Benji and wished I could experience the joy you did as his keeper.

We are all poorer now with his passing.

Take care, bud. You know we are here for you.

Mayweathet

Horology Curious
10/9/15
I fully understand your pain.

Here in ireland pitbulls have been classed as a dangerous dog, meaning responsible owners had their dogs seized and destroyed. I own a rottweiler, many are pushing for them to be classed as dangerous and I have no idea what I would do if this ever happened, I have formed an inseperable bond with her having had her since she was only a few weeks old and she is now 9.

Time does have a way of healing, all the best bud.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
That sucks George.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know these must be a very rough time in your life.
But I'm sure that a bright future is ahead. Don't give up mate, best of luck.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
George,

Even though we are not acquainted I read with grief the unfortunate story that occurred to you thanks to bureaucracy. May Benji rest well and you two will find each other somewhere sometime again, as these bonds transcend time and matter. This is the source of many myths through history so there must be truth in them. And the volitional acts you did in favour of the big cat cannot go un noticed and unpaid, you will get a good deal of good karma for this.

My deepest sympathies for your loss, hang in tough and may you get better times really soon.

Best regards.

jpohl402

10/7/12
Terribly sorry to hear!!
My sincerest condolences & regards!
Be well mate, be well. We all go through tough times. Sorry for the repetitive streak of bad luck for you.
Wish you all the best in the foreseeable future.
Again, very sorry my friend.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
My deepest sympathy towards you and RIP Benji the Bobcat, what a story...

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
George, I have been away for about six months and logged back in today. Wanted to see what my friends were doing and noticed that you hadn't been active for a while. Got a bit worried and then found this post. Words can't explain what I feel. What a tragic thing that's happened to you. I know that things are very dark now, but please don't feel that you let Benji down. If it wasn't for you he wouldn't have had the fantastic life he got with you. And it wasn't your fault he was placed in that sanctuary.

I hope I will soon see you on here again mate.

MSAMatt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/12/14
I am in tears. I am so sorry George. This isn't your fault, and don't blame yourself. You gave him a life that otherwise he would have never experienced. I've been praying for quite a while that things would get better and I hope that they are. I'm here if you need anything.

SuprKamiGuru

4/10/15
I know you do not know me but I understand how you feel. Loosing someone close to you like that is terrible. i am so so sorry for your loss and Hope you get better. I may not have been here that long but I truly hope you feel better.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Completely unfair for such an amazing guy to have to endure so much hardship. You've got the whole forum here for you mate.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
I see he hasn't logged onto RWI since September 3rd. I hope he's doing OK...

junbug5150

Supporter
24/12/14
His YouTube channel. I'm subscribed to it so I get updates as he published them.