• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't know what to say. Benji the bobcat

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Here is the video I posted just two days before I got the call that he had passed. I made this video to explain to the people that followed Benji's videos over the years what had happened and why I hadn't made a video in over 8 months. It's a very long video. It's 48 minutes long. I talk a lot in the middle of the video, but in the beginning you might enjoy seeing the slide show I made of pictures that I had taken of Benji over the years in chronological order from the day we got him until just days before I brought him to the sanctuary, and then towards the end of the video is when I go and visit Benji, so you get to see him at the sanctuary. He was in what is called a quarantine enclosure. It's where all new animals that come there stay for a couple weeks until the vet gets to check them out, which he already had, and given him a clean bill of health, and just to ge tthem acclimated to being in a new place. He never acclimated unfortunately. I only show part of the enclosure in the video, but it is a really nice big enclosure, so he had alot of room to run around. It wasn't my house and enclosure where he had over 3,000 square feet to roam around in, but it was still nice, and then the enclosure that he was going to go to after this quarantine period was a lion enclosure which was gigantic with trees, and a pool for him to swim in because he loved water, and branches everywhere because he loved to climb. But here's the video I made just two days before I got the call from them that he had passed. I have since filmed 12 days in a row, making a new video everyday. They are just daily vlog videos and I'm focussing on inspiration and motivation because I want to help others, and bring others up when they are down. But I'm going to try to keep making a new video everyday on Benji's channel. They might not be very good, but I'm working hard at it everyday because the issues that I'm going to cover are very important to me. My first few are very long, but I've gotten better at making them shorter and not as boring. I'm trying to focus on getting out of the house everyday now and doing something fun, and not letting things get me down. I thought maybe by helping others through these videos it would actually help me, and it really has. and I'm going to make a video to tell everyone on his youtube channel about his passing. I just haven't built up the nerve yet. I don't know what to say or how I'm going to say it. I think next week I will try to do that though.

wooky492

21/9/12
I choked in tears and seriously don't know what to say or how to offer comforts.

George, you are obviously a man of big heart and I am more than 100% sure Banji appreciated your care and your love. It's heart breaking to lose your baby but I am also sure time will sooth your pain.

Be strong big guy. All the Things that happened to you just recently will mean greater things for you in the near future. I'll think of you and Banji in my prayers.

-Pete-

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Man I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to watch that, not yet anyway.
I know it's been said but I'll say it again: You didn't let Benji down, you did all you could. It was a screwed up system designed by people who have no idea that let him down so please don't blame your self.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
im sorry to hear about Benji's passing. keep your head up, you've got our support!

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that, it's heartbreaking to lose a friend like that.

Always remember that you made Benji's life great, and through that, improved others lives as well. It's difficult seeing the good times when you're in that situation, but way more good, than bad, came out of his life. You really did the best for him, as much as you could.

My deepest condolences man..

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
You loved your bobcat, and I guarantee Benji knew that right until the end. God bless you for caring so much and being the good person you are to care for Benji the way you did.

D

d4m.test

I'm truly sorry for your loss, E. As a life long animal lover who always had dogs around me and my wife, I know the pain of loss that only people like you feel. Try to be proud of what you accomplished with Benji, proud of the wonderful life he had because of you, proud that you introduced him to millions of people -- including me, who envied you for your wonderful companion. I know such remembrances may not take away all the pain, but keep in mind you touched Benji's life in a deep, profound way, as he left his imprint on those of us lucky to have seen the pics and the videos. I share Rob's compassion for you through prayer and send you mind.

You ARE one lucky, loving person, E. Thank YOU for all that you gave us.

Peace be with you.

dave

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
I'm sorry for your loss George. That was really a tragic story but let me tell you one thing, you never failed Benji. Hang in there buddy.

slavian

Horology Curious
4/7/15
My prayer and thoughts are with you.
Take care.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
I don't know what to say George. Am just shocked to say the least about what happened. Stay strong. We are all with you.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
A heart breaking story, I think everyone in here that will read this, will be emotianaly charded...

Also its unfair to blame yourself George, you did what you could, what ever was possible.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm very sorry for you E. Remember the fun and love.

wimpie007

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/3/10
Oh man sorry to hear mate.....
Lost for words

Next to the grief please also remember how good he has had it while he was living with you that must count for something.
Please don't blame yourself, blame the messed up regulations. Those don’t take into account the special bond you had with Benji
I always enjoyed watching the vids and Benji surely has brought joy to all the people that watched them. Always hold on to the positive my friend and all the best.

D

d4m.test

George, we love you man. This is such sad news, I know how much a part of your life he was. You have, as you say, given him the best you can. You would have continued to do that had you been allowed. I know it's hard to see it right now, but this is none of your doing. Bureaucracy at its best! Shitting on the little guy. I'm sad for you and my condolences on such a loss. Its difficult right now, but keep your head up. I know you will never be able to replace Benji, but long may you continue to lovingly care for your other animals with such dedication. Gone, but never forgotten. He lives on in the memories of many.

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
That is so sad. George, not that words really make any difference to how you are feeling, but my most heartfelt condolences to you.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Shit man, I can't even describe my deepest sympathies George..
You'll get through this though, don't blame yourself to much on it, you could not avoid it..
More blame it on that stupid law system and all of their bureaucratism.. :cry2:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Don't blame yourself, you had gave him a good life as much as possible that he otherwise may not have.
Stay strong.

Sent using Tapatalk

umblackbear359

28/4/15
Who the **** tries to protect people from themselves in their own homes. I don't get it. I never will. Liberals never see what happens when their well meaning theories get put into practice.

This is an outrage. Thank you for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
hey george, no words can express how upsetting this news is. i've followed benji&you since you started posting about him. enjoy all the videos, showed some to my friends, etc. i hope you find the strength&will to recover from this big loss, especially so since it has been one incident after another. i dont know you&i dont think we've ever dealt before but i'll be praying for you.

God Bless. RIP Benji.