• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Don't know what to say. Benji the bobcat

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
With all of the popularity on the YouTube channel I think someone should let one of the local TV stations know about this tragedy. These TV stations are always running special interest stories, and this story should be told. People should know the "other side" of the issue when it comes to exotic animals. I'm sure the general public just thinks of wingnuts who own lions and tigers when you mention exotic animals, not kind hearted people who take in tiny newborns with special needs and then make them a part of their family.

It is too late now to help Benji, but maybe this story can help shape the law, after the fact, to allow certain circumstances? It's worth a try. Again, with all of the massive Youtube popularity, that might count for something. Very sad.

Ironically, NBC just aired a segment on The Today Show yesterday about broken heart syndrome. I immediately thought of poor Benji. Doctors and medical experts were on and it's a very real thing. Something to do with the stress from major life events creating a surge in adrenaline, and this goes to the heart. It creates symptoms similar to a heart attack. If caught it is very treatable and there is no future risk or heart damage, unlike an actual heart attack.

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
George, deepest sympathies mate. You can't blame yourself for this event in your life. You did what was asked off you and followed the law as a good citizen should. A dumb law but that's not your fault mate. It seems to me that you would make a great zoo keeper or perhaps an animal ranger. Maybe there's a job along those lines for you somewhere in your future and you you get to do something your clearly good and pastionate about. Look forward to seeing you back on the site, and I'm sure life will improve for you.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
My heart and thoughts go out to you George!!! I don't even want to break this info to
my kids who follow you on YouTube. I'm so sorry!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
George, my heart is broken and reading this I was so crying that I couldn't even explain what was happening to my wife. Many others told you but I'll say it again, it was not your fault. You did everything possible for Benji and gave him a good life, try to focus on this and remember we are spreaded all around the world but we are a family and you are part of it.
We don't often pray, but tonight my family wishes are for you my friend. Hold on.

Mkovacs13

8/7/13
What a heartbreaking story, although we've never spoken, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for all your recent trials and hope that things begin to turn around for you.

JimLahey

Renowned Member
11/6/15
Egro, I'm so sorry to hear about Benji. You are a wonderful person for what you did for him. You should keep your head up high and be proud of yourself. I got the chills reading your post. Over the years I've taken in a couple wild animals that were injured for a few weeks and would eventually let them go. Benji was different. I've seen MANY of your videos and I was in awe for what you did for him. It takes a very kind/special person to do what you did for Benji. I would get attached and I only cared for them for a few weeks. I cant imagine what you are going through. Keep your head up Egro. You are a great guy. If you need anything let me know. [MENTION=66956]egroegart[/MENTION]

coolpan

Horology Curious
13/6/12
This is so unbelievable sad , i really cryed by reading your post ,i am so sorry for your lost.Please dont blame yourself ,you wasnt responsible for this , if this new laws were made from people with hearts,souls and BRAIN ..... everything would be different today.....Benji had a beautiful Life with you and i know he is looking from up there to you and now he understand and see why all this happend .I am very sure he still loves you and he still with you every day and every night ..... god bless you for giving this little fella a beautiful life and god bless his soul .

ilikepp

Looking Around
29/3/14
Very sad story. Only time can heal, stay positive. All the best, Benji stays in your heart forever.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
You are a great humanist Sir !

I salute you and the memory of your beloved Benji.

You make us proud ! Thank you for being who you are !

800px-Female_officer_saluting.jpg

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
Im sorry to hear that brother. I know its got to be hard for you. keep your head up!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Heartbreaking George. I think the best and smartest thing that can be done is what others have said. This story needs to get to the people, No matter how devastating you need to tell the whole story of Benji on Your You Tube channel, Then you need to contact every news agency from the little local paper to the big ones, If you do this it will probably be the most difficult thing you have ever done but you need to harden yourself and do it. Start with You tube, Tell the story you told us and include videos of Benji, break it up into segments then put it all together.

I don't know if anyone here is good at video editing but maybe someone could help put it together.

Hang in there and keep very busy. I've seen what your doing on You Tube and that's a good start keep it up.

Hoonz

Known Member
22/5/14
Orlando, Florida
My condolences and heartfelt prayers go out to you and to Benji. You're one hell of a person to give so much love to benji. Know that you have friends here that will be here for you.

Stay strong!

- JOhn

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
I don't know you well at all George, and we've spoken only once in the shoutbox long ago - but that one time was about Benji. You linked me some YouTube videos and I spent the next couple hours watching them. It took me all of two minutes to see your love for him.

Listen, we all believe different things, and that's great. But for me, I believe that whenever we give love the way you gave it to Benji, it is never a waste. It is never a failure. It's the best thing any of us are capable of. I also believe that these furry four-legged creatures have souls, and when we bring them into our homes and families, our souls bond with theirs. That bond doesn't break even in death. I also believe Benji's soul is with you now. He may not have understood you giving him up in life, but I believe he now knows you didn't abandon him in death. Finally, I believe you will see Benji again. You didn't fail him; indeed, quite the contrary.

blue606

Is it ticking?
31/5/12
Dude, the world needs individuals like you - you gave without ever wanting anything in return - nothing can match that. As Ishmael stated above, you did not fail Benji, you gave him life - he gave you his love and affection. Pray you recover from your setbacks soon.

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida
George,
Words cannot express...I am just seeing this post and am welling up with sorrow and empathy. Let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to ease your pain.

B

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Wow. Im so sorry to hear that George. I cant imagine how much anger and pain you must be feeling to have that happen to him.

If you can, try to focus on the positives, you gave him a great life that he wouldn't have had if not for you, he was probably the most looked after Bobcat ever, and gave you back what you gave him - love.

You did that. While it is now over, that doesnt make it a failure, its just ended.

Hope you're ok. All the best.

mrflash88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/14
Thank you for sharing this. I'll keep you sir in my prayers.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
George I'm sorry I'm just reading this now. I started to cry about half way through and the last bit I balled. I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Your friends are here for you buddy. You know how to get a hold of me. I know he was your life. I'm worried about you man. Your family is still here for bud anything you need please let us know. We love you George be strong...

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
All the best...you had an experience few of us will ever enjoy...enjoy the memories