• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL problem???? Clearance Event

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
TD told me to contact them to ask about the status, DHL confirmed customs has taken the package and I will receive a letter with resolution within 30 business days, but that is all they could tell me. If I wanted more information I would have to contact customs, ha, yeah right!

I will send it to the TD and see what they say, but he will probably want the official letter.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
YEA- I have never seen those terms on a DHL site- Apparently you should be getting them soon. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to open the package

shuoyang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/16
Get dhl call back today. Officially claim my watch is seized

??? iPhone ????? Tapatalk

shuoyang

24/1/16
Sorry man! Feel your pain did they say anyhting else?

No. but I do request them to shoot me an email to confirm what happened . And I fowarded it to TD. Hope they would accept this .

Derik429

28/7/13
No. but I do request them to shoot me an email to confirm what happened . And I fowarded it to TD. Hope they would accept this .

Obviously no legal trouble? though i guess that would be more US customs ove DHL..

shuoyang

24/1/16
Obviously no legal trouble? though i guess that would be more US customs ove DHL..

No sounds like no big deal. There are hundreds people import more illegal stuff such as drugs,guns , even real people into this country, so I assume a few grey market watch is not a big deal to anyone,right?

shuoyang

24/1/16
No sounds like no big deal. There are hundreds people import more illegal stuff such as drugs,guns , even real people into this country everyday, so I assume a few grey market watch is not a big deal to anyone,right?

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
Mine also has not updated yet since last Friday.. This is really crazy.

Mine hasn't moved since Friday either. I called DHL this morning. They said the package is with customs for special examination and it can apparently stay there for 30 days, and DHL cannot do anything anymore. If anything they said customs will get in contact with me and go from there. I failed to understand if it was seized or still being examined, because she said it could stay in customs for 30 days which made me thing it would get release after that, and maybe it was there due to heavy traffic. But she also said next step customs will contact me through USPS (which i think is the letter). So just gonna wait and see i guess. Emailed Toro as well just to keep him in the update.

FAIRLADY Z

8/4/15
Texas
Mine hasn't moved since Friday either. I called DHL this morning. They said the package is with customs for special examination and it can apparently stay there for 30 days, and DHL cannot do anything anymore. If anything they said customs will get in contact with me and go from there. I failed to understand if it was seized or still being examined, because she said it could stay in customs for 30 days which made me thing it would get release after that, and maybe it was there due to heavy traffic. But she also said next step customs will contact me through USPS (which i think is the letter). So just gonna wait and see i guess. Emailed Toro as well just to keep him in the update.

I am sorry to hear that happen mate..
Damn.. it seems my package also already has been seized. I think we should not think about the package would be released from the customs unless the watches are gen. I don't know why my TD recommended me using DHL at that time.

jkal

31/8/13
I had a package from Toro stuck since 1/29 that just cleared this evening if that eases anyone's mind. I hope I don't jinx it :)

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
I had a package from Toro stuck since 1/29 that just cleared this evening if that eases anyone's mind. I hope I don't jinx it :)

Mine has been stuck from 29th as well, fingers crossed it gets released :) . I just hope me calling them to ask about it, dint give it extra attention which it did not need.

yoyohoneysingh

22/4/14
I am sorry to hear that happen mate..
Damn.. it seems my package also already has been seized. I think we should not think about the package would be released from the customs unless the watches are gen. I don't know why my TD recommended me using DHL at that time.

Normally DHL is good with these stuff, especially i never had a package take more than 3 days to deliver from the date shipped. This time sure seemed odd, first it was EMS in chicago causing trouble, now its DHL :cry2:.

shuoyang

24/1/16

Did it show clearance event on your package?

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Mine just blew through cinci in 4 hours it will be delievered today. The declared content plays a major!!! Factor in further investigation one hint.. Has always worked for me... Never!!! Use the word watch, clock, or anything that describes a watch. Bracelet, leather strap, metal parts, anything but watch!!!!!! I use a custom invented ;) content declaration and it works every time!!!!! No more seizures since the switch and that's 4-5 orders straight now. Shipped Monday delievery Wednesday. If 300 "toy watches" come through I'm sure they pull them all for seziure.

dxrct

12/10/15
+1 its like giving a hint hey this is a watch check me, ordered some non watch rep like headphone, the declared one is a hairstyling product lol

dxrct

12/10/15
I thought they are on holiday.

Mine just blew through cinci in 4 hours it will be delievered today. The declared content plays a major!!! Factor in further investigation one hint.. Has always worked for me... Never!!! Use the word watch, clock, or anything that describes a watch. Bracelet, leather strap, metal parts, anything but watch!!!!!! I use a custom invented ;) content declaration and it works every time!!!!! No more seizures since the switch and that's 4-5 orders straight now. Shipped Monday delievery Wednesday. If 300 "toy watches" come through I'm sure they pull them all for seziure.

Derik429

28/7/13

Ive been wondering the same thing..I think I will tell my TD to put bracelet next time. How high of declaration are you putting?

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
First, I am not sure we should discuss customs declarations in the open forum...

I just received my 4th shipment in the last 7 weeks, all came through Cincinnati via DHL. 3 were from Angus and the one I got today Toro. They all had the "standard" items listed for customs and the "standard" value we are all used to seeing. The last shipment (from Toro) arrived in Cincy on Saturday the 30th mid day and left Sunday in the mid-afternoon (shipment from there was unusually slow, expected it by yesterday). It seems even during that time it was hit or miss.

I hate it for the people that got seizures especially since it is the worst time of year for a reshipment.