• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Felt it appropiate to
I thought the AR crystal in the Clean took care of the blue hue, but now that I have a BTF next to it, it’s like night and day.

Has anyone actually succeeded in removing the blue hue from a clean dial with a deep crystal?

@Storm. I thought the BTF dial was in second place but I’m not so sure anymore…

HnSmiF.jpeg

HnSac5.jpeg
Here is stock Clean v3 in bright sunlight. Notice the blue tint and reflection.

And here's the same watch with Deep in similar conditions. I think Deep is mandatory on Clean Daytonas with dark dials or white dials. Not so much for reflective dials.

Reaps

25/9/22
On another note, which watch would you guys pick? I have the option of obtaining either one right now... and I'm stuck.

Reaps

25/9/22
Get the DIW and if you don't like it I'll take it off your hands!
In all honesty I want all three... malachite stone dial... carbon fiber... platona... all three unique Daytonas

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
I thought the AR crystal in the Clean took care of the blue hue, but now that I have a BTF next to it, it’s like night and day.

Has anyone actually succeeded in removing the blue hue from a clean dial with a deep crystal?

@Storm. I thought the BTF dial was in second place but I’m not so sure anymore…

HnSmiF.jpeg

HnSac5.jpeg
Told you :)

BTF V2 is best. Just Look how much more rounded the markers are.

Last edited:

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
On another note, which watch would you guys pick? I have the option of obtaining either one right now... and I'm stuck.
I really like the Michael the producer watch.

Sick dial and the stones are beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: Reaps

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
Felt it appropiate to

Here is stock Clean v3 in bright sunlight. Notice the blue tint and reflection.

And here's the same watch with Deep in similar conditions. I think Deep is mandatory on Clean Daytonas with dark dials or white dials. Not so much for reflective dials.
I still don't like the Clean case. Looks even fatter than a noob Case.

Reactions: gpvecchi

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I told you all.

You didn't believe me.

Only thing better in CF: clasp and black v3 dial.
In fact, my 116518 on OF (Pikachu I suppose the kids call it) I had, plated, loved and sold. So I bought another a year later and I don’t even need to plate it: it’s perfect out of the box.

That’s a huge change from the previous one. Huge!

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
In fact, my 116518 on OF (Pikachu I suppose the kids call it) I had, plated, loved and sold. So I bought another a year later and I don’t even need to plate it: it’s perfect out of the box.

That’s a huge change from the previous one. Huge!
Btf or CF?because in the gold models I prefer CF actually lol

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
BTF, here is my tungsten YG plated case next to my newer stock BTF…..

The tone out of the box is perfect. If you look through my sales threads you can see the previous one that WAS plated, and this is better all around. Stock.

The tungsten case is comical, orange, and looks how the BTF used to come!

I'm always wondering if anybody will ever get to mention how tungsten on the skin causes massive irritation, but hey who am I to ask?

And you might have just changed my mind about the btf 519 🥰

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I’ll probably never know what it does to the skin, cause of the 4 I’ve had they were all trash and not worthy of wrist time.

Once they improve, and are plated, and maybe coated with adimantium or something, I’ll wear one and it can eat my flesh.

But so far nah.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I still prefer Clean (case included) over BTF when it comes to 116500 (I own a gen black dial, Clean white dial, and BTF black dial).

To each their own.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I still prefer Clean (case included) over BTF when it comes to 116500 (I own a gen black dial, Clean white dial, and BTF black dial).

To each their own.
I wish this were simpler. Now I have decision paralysis between my BTF and Clean white dials and I haven't even looked at or tested the RB (which I think is the same as Buff?) and SW dials. Why are gen dials so hard to find??