• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Certified
14/2/20
I still prefer Clean (case included) over BTF when it comes to 116500 (I own a gen black dial, Clean white dial, and BTF black dial).

To each their own.
I know I remember your comparison. Still stand on my view that btf case is better.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I know I remember your comparison. Still stand on my view that btf case is better.
Well, as it happens I have more BTF based Daytonas than I do Clean lol but BTFs were coming in at around $515 USD delivered from non TDs so it has been a no brainer to use them as bases. They’re both damn good enough to me.

Reactions: Storm.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I wish this were simpler. Now I have decision paralysis between my BTF and Clean white dials and I haven't even looked at or tested the RB (which I think is the same as Buff?) and SW dials. Why are gen dials so hard to find??
I’ve seen gen dials but at around $800+. I’d rather buy a JJ dial for less and have something more unique lol

Reactions: Storm.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I’ve seen gen dials but at around $800+. I’d rather buy a JJ dial for less and have something more unique lol
If you see a gen Panda dial for $800 send it my way... I'm all for unique JJ builds but the Panda is my daily / core watch

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Dare I say that a Clean stock crystal + BTF dial fixes the apparently "too pale" aspect of the BTF...

Felt it appropiate to

Here is stock Clean v3 in bright sunlight. Notice the blue tint and reflection.

And here's the same watch with Deep in similar conditions. I think Deep is mandatory on Clean Daytonas with dark dials or white dials. Not so much for reflective dials.

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Dare I say that a Clean stock crystal + BTF dial fixes the apparently "too pale" aspect of the BTF...
Have to agree, even with my QC pics from onewatches I could see the reflection. When I got my deep xtal done and sent pics, it looked much clearer.
Then I have douchebag on Reddit is trying to explain to me why I wasted money on a deep xtal where the original would be as good.
I explained to him, forget artificial light. You can see the difference in sunlight. Never heard back from him 🤣🤣🤣

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Anyone know if end links for a SS (eg 116500/520) will fit a PM (eg 116509)?

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
DSC_0685.png

Still loving my 6263 Big Red by Yodog, might consider a steel bezel for it